Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

It came from outer space 2017

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Icepyre
anyone else who hasnt done it before, having terrible drop rates - 20 flights to tunguska and only 1 item dropped...or is that about right and its jst really going to take forever?

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Some pointers for this quest:

The drop rate for the flights (Tunguska, Roswell, Bermuda) and to be able to assemble the Above and Beyond collection and earn a Fighter Jet increases with Spyglass and Golden Dice of course.
The more Jets you assemble, the more chances you'd have to complete the event. So if you have the flexibility, use more than 1 jets. The problem is that later you have to sell them, they cannot be stored or re-used in other events, and they don't require their own hangars, so it's up to you how many you want to fly in parallel.

The Some Like it Hot collection needs bonuses (Golden Dice/ Spy Glass). If you are only sending one flight at a time especially it will take a lot of patience.

The UFO collection is probably the "easiest" to get. You have to visit friends and tap on UFO debris in their cities to get Geiger Counters, then tap on the UFO debris in your city using the Geiger Counter.

The last collection of the event (Truth is Out There) needs Hydraulic Tool for every tap on a UFO around your city. You get that on average 1 out of 3 flights from Area 51. However, unlike last times the event was going on, the Hydraulic tool now costs 6 greenies. Do be careful not to accidentally buy it, as you'd lose 6 greenies instantly!

Good luck!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977

The drop rate for the flights (Tunguska, Roswell, Bermuda) and to be able to assemble the Above and Beyond collection and earn a Fighter Jet increases with Spyglass and Golden Dice of course.
The more Jets you assemble, the more chances you'd have to complete the event. So if you have the flexibility, use more than 1 jets. The problem is that later you have to sell them, they cannot be stored or re-used in other events, and they don't require their own hangars, so it's up to you how many you want to fly in parallel.

The Some Like it Hot collection needs bonuses (Golden Dice/ Spy Glass). If you are only sending one flight at a time especially it will take a lot of patience.

The UFO collection is probably the "easiest" to get. You have to visit friends and tap on UFO debris in their cities to get Geiger Counters, then tap on the UFO debris in your city using the Geiger Counter.

The last collection of the event (Truth is Out There) needs Hydraulic Tool for every tap on a UFO around your city. You get that on average 1 out of 3 flights from Area 51. However, unlike last times the event was going on, the Hydraulic tool now costs 6 greenies. Do be careful not to accidentally buy it, as you'd lose 6 greenies instantly!

Good luck!

Something also important - if this is your first time, playing the event, try and keep playing as long as possible for the last collection. You get a crop circle for every 4 collections completed for The Truth is Out There, whic increases your terminal passenger count!

Also, air magnetometers drop from guest planes.

Good luck!

Will Spy Glass or any Dice improve drop rate from tapping UFO debris in friends' cities and in own city? Same question for tapping on UFO with hydraulic tool?

Is Geiger Counter giftable? Can anyone send Geiger Counters?

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Will Spy Glass or any Dice improve drop rate from tapping UFO debris in friends' cities and in own city? Same question for tapping on UFO with hydraulic tool?

Is Geiger Counter giftable? Can anyone send Geiger Counters?
Geiger Counter isn't giftable (unless it's because I did not update!).

And I guess both bonuses should improve the drop rate from friends debris's too (and also hydraulic tool).

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil

... Fighter Jet ... The problem is that later you have to sell them, they cannot be stored or re-used in other events, and they don't require their own hangars ...

Thanks for pointers! This is my first time participating in this particular event. To confirm, the fighter jets cannot be placed in reserve hangar for storage?

Thanks for pointers! This is my first time participating in this particular event. To confirm, the fighter jets cannot be placed in reserve hangar for storage?
I believe it can. If I remember correctly I had a fighter jet after the end of the previous event in reserve hangar. The real question is however is it worth to waste a slot in your reserve hangar with a fighter jet? I believe no :)

Geiger Counter isn't giftable (unless it's because I did not update!).

And I guess both bonuses should improve the drop rate from friends debris's too (and also hydraulic tool).
Geiger Counter should be giftable, had to update the game to the latest version though, I just did that and received Geiger Counter from my neighbors.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04xlp029
Username
Bertron
One thing I am still confused about. If I spend my greenies on the golden dice, will they actually help me with this quest? The description specifically states it doesnt work on quest items...

...also I can give out plasma if anyone wants to add me, just let me know who you are because I am still a noob at this.

One thing I am still confused about. If I spend my greenies on the golden dice, will they actually help me with this quest? The description specifically states it doesnt work on quest items...

...also I can give out plasma if anyone wants to add me, just let me know who you are because I am still a noob at this.

Golden dice don't seem to help - spyglass does increase drops, and if you have sky captain, it's helpful too.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Advise for first timers:
try to have fuel ready for several speedups. Gather around 30 plasma and magnetometers and trigger bonuses (SG and SC - SG for sure). Only then do speed up flights to tunguska and try to get fighter jet asap). You'll get few maps for Area 51 in the process. Try to do all event tasks while bonuses are active. Stash geigers and hydra tools and use them in betches while bonuses are active. Speed up planes while bonuses are active. And don't rush as event last for 15 days (enough time).

Top Bottom