Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Attention, pilots on iPhone/iPad!

@Davescharf @Pit1024 I didn't receive your invites so sent you one back. Hope it works! @PeterNL thanks for the invite! Yours. Did receive haha

Dave, hope your problems will be solved soon, sounds very frustrating... :( Here the biggest remaining problem seems to be that my flights aren't counted for my allience... already missed 4 days of flying and now it keeps showing zero... :mad:

@MelMel i never got your request and don't see any pending. I'll try to send another later if it still looks like an issue but I think this upgrade is also affecting neighbor requests in some way as well

MelMel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
!Rotterdam123!
Username
Rotterdam air8
@MelMel i never got your request and don't see any pending. I'll try to send another later if it still looks like an issue but I think this upgrade is also affecting neighbor requests in some way as well

Yes, it indeed seems like there's something strange going on with the requests. Some come through, but at least several don't.. :(

I saw mine pending, deleted that one and tried again. Fingers crossed you'll be able to see this one!

Yes, it indeed seems like there's something strange going on with the requests. Some come through, but at least several don't.. :(

I saw mine pending, deleted that one and tried again. Fingers crossed you'll be able to see this one!

I'm certain that something happened the first time I tried to sync the game to my phone. I decided to try download the old version and it shows the spot where I upgraded, but when I go to the new one on my iPad it shows no knowledge of the game I've been playing on my phone the last couple days since the sync.

The good news is that they'll have my phone game and maybe we can work from there

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
MJRumi4zo
Username
adam821
i opened my game on iphone and it synced my game i've made progress on it but its not syncing with my ipad so now im stuck playing my main game on iphone :( is it eventually going to sync to my ipad?

i opened my game on iphone and it synced my game i've made progress on it but its not syncing with my ipad so now im stuck playing my main game on iphone :( is it eventually going to sync to my ipad?

This is exactly the issue I had. It synced fine to my phone but I never got those updates back to the iPad. It finally worked today (albeit a few hours of progress behind) but I had to resend a request to all my neighbors. I'm assuming GI did some kind of restore but I'll be deleting my iPhone app for awhile until they get this figured out.

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
Who else is still having a problem!? I still haven't gotten my 498 neighbors back or my alliance which had 5 members and was 49/50 last week before all the problems. I should be able to have 6 members but instead GI tech support advised that one of my neighbors (of which I can physically see their phone version) was now the leader and could transfer leadership to me. I saw her phone and it's not true. I'm still leader in v5.2.25, although when I run that version, I'm advised by tech guy Alex that the version is no longer supported and I can only click the go button to v5.3.24 (which I'm not in an alliance). Very frustrating to wait a week for any support progress and what they do tell you doesn't work or doesn't apply!

I kept my neighbours on my main game, lost them all on a support game - I'm getting nowhere near the amount of gifts I used to get on my main game and it looks like many of the neighbours on there are inactive. Many of the neighbours I had have gone to level 1 reset and I have multiple neighbour requests from the same ID's

I fail to see how they could make such a complete mess of this update but it's happened previously with GI updates although we have been settled for about a year -I am just so grateful that my main game is still playable

Free2Play - pls find below some conversation between me and your support team. I had my game on my iPad. After I followed their instructions how to synchronize iPhone and iPad I reinstalled the game on the iPhone but I lost all neighbors on my iPad and now I'm not able to play my game. Obviously the process of synchronizing is not stable so probably until you do not resolve the bugs you shouldn't recommend the players to use this feature.
I've sent message to the support (#7841653) and hope they will manage to restore my neighbors.
Me:
2) Although I am playing the new version, on my iPhone (same Apple ID and GameCenter ID) I only see a lvl3 game and can't play my iPad game. Any suggestion how to sync both devices?
Katherine Novak (Game Insight Support):
Dear Peter, let me know if you have linked the game on your iPad to the same Game Center.
Thank you in advance.
Me:
Yes, both iPad and iPhone are connected to same game center profile.
Katherine Novak (Game Insight Support):
In regard to the issue with game synchronization, starting with version 5.3, there is an option of transferring and synchronizing the game progress between different iOS devices. You can perform this process on your own, if your last active game is already updated to the latest version. However, I wouldn't recommend you to use synchronization option constantly, as it can lead to the whole profile loss in case the wrong profile is accidentally chosen.
In any case, I'm going to give you a step-by-step description of the process that should help avoid possible mistakes if followed properly. Here it is:
1. Log in to one and the same Game Center account on both of the devices.
You can check the current account at the Game Center section in the Settings menu of the device.
2. Reinstall the game on the device that has the progress you no longer need. For example, if you'd like to continue playing your iPad game, reinstall the game on your iPhone, and vice versa if you're going to continue your iPhone game.
3. Open the game you reinstalled, and it will suggest to get the progress you need.
Should any questions arise, just let me know!
Me:
Hi Katerine,
Toxic side effects after I reinstalled the game on my iPhone - on my tablet the game now is without any neighbors (Madlen only) and one red launch what I have started just before I re-installed the game on the iPhone disappeared and did not get the 1st place award.
On the iPhone however the game still has all its neighbors and the launch is showed as Ready.
Any idea how to restore the neighbors at my tablet?
Best regards,
Peter

@Fencat this is the exact problem I had and I know another forum member saw it as well.

Eventually I got prompted to sync my game back on my iPad with only about an hour loss in gameplay, but I never did get my neighbors back and told Katherine (And Anton) not to mess with it further because didn't want more potential problems. I eventually readded all of them but I'm still having some issues sending and receiving requests from other iOS players.

It's very clear (to me) that the syncing across devices has some pretty significant issues. You got the same message from Katherine that I did and the fact they aren't recommending sync for any reason is troubling since the whole idea was to play via your Game Center ID across iOS devices. My guess is they are saying this because if you pick the wrong profile you're screwed, but if this capability were designed well you shouldn't need a disclaimer that could cause major issues for a player who isn't savvy with technology.

I hope everything gets sorted out but until I know it has I deleted the app from my phone. Until we know more I wouldn't recommend anyone try to play across devices because of this issue

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
@Fencat this is the exact problem I had and I know another forum member saw it as well.

Eventually I got prompted to sync my game back on my iPad with only about an hour loss in gameplay, but I never did get my neighbors back and told Katherine (And Anton) not to mess with it further because didn't want more potential problems. I eventually readded all of them but I'm still having some issues sending and receiving requests from other iOS players.

It's very clear (to me) that the syncing across devices has some pretty significant issues. You got the same message from Katherine that I did and the fact they aren't recommending sync for any reason is troubling since the whole idea was to play via your Game Center ID across iOS devices. My guess is they are saying this because if you pick the wrong profile you're screwed, but if this capability were designed well you shouldn't need a disclaimer that could cause major issues for a player who isn't savvy with technology.

I hope everything gets sorted out but until I know it has I deleted the app from my phone. Until we know more I wouldn't recommend anyone try to play across devices because of this issue
Got to admit I'm a bit confused here.. Did you mean to tag @Pit1024 ? :D

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Free2Play - pls find below some conversation between me and your support team. I had my game on my iPad. After I followed their instructions how to synchronize iPhone and iPad I reinstalled the game on the iPhone but I lost all neighbors on my iPad and now I'm not able to play my game.

At this moment we don't support synchronous play on iPad and iPhone, as in "I played on iPad in the morning, got to work, then played on iPhone, and then in a few hours back on iPad, etc." as it would require always-on Internet connection while playing — and it's something we're not going to do. Simply put, this feature is for restoring profile once in awhile, not for playing on several devices at once.

Support team should solve all your issues (restore your friends and/or alliance membership, or whatever) while playing single game on a single device of your choosing, though, please just give them some time.

At this moment we don't support synchronous play on iPad and iPhone, as in "I played on iPad in the morning, got to work, then played on iPhone, and then in a few hours back on iPad, etc." as it would require always-on Internet connection while playing — and it's something we're not going to do. Simply put, this feature is for restoring profile once in awhile, not for playing on several devices at once.

Support team should solve all your issues (restore your friends and/or alliance membership, or whatever) while playing single game on a single device of your choosing, though, please just give them some time.
Game has been restored back to the iPad during the weekend. Please note however that after the game has been sync'd from the server to the iPad, iPhone version lost all its neighbors and I'd say somehow some of my neighbors still manage to see the iPhone game (e.g. one of my support games didn't see this morning a red launch from my main game although I had a game names Pit1024 in its neighbors' list; problem has been resolved by deleting and inviting the support game from the iPad game).

P.S. Thanks for the comment. I decided just to stay on the safe side not to run the game from my iPhone at all for the moment :)

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
I was away for a few weeks, so I'm still attempting with GI to find a way of keeping my main game....if not, I'm afraid, I'm going to end up saying goodbye.

A new event update should never, ever have been included with a Game Center consolidation update...

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I was away for a few weeks, so I'm still attempting with GI to find a way of keeping my main game....if not, I'm afraid, I'm going to end up saying goodbye.

A new event update should never, ever have been included with a Game Center consolidation update...
Please, send me your ticket number via PM and describe what is happening (y)

MelMel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
!Rotterdam123!
Username
Rotterdam air8
Guys I feel your pain... I also lost all my neighbours due to sync issues to the new ipad app. After a long discussion with support they concluded with: sorry we can't help you getting your neighbours back... o_O

@Ddave1, I also get way less gifts now. Although it's been weeks and I've been actively trying to add neighbours I still only have 64, while I used to have about 350 active neighbours before. I'm running low on flight items a lot more frequently these days and building up my fuel resources is also taking a lot more time now...

I guess we just have to be patient and just deal with this new situation the best we can...

Top Bottom