Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Attention, pilots on iPhone/iPad!

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
At this moment we don't support synchronous play on iPad and iPhone, as in "I played on iPad in the morning, got to work, then played on iPhone, and then in a few hours back on iPad, etc." as it would require always-on Internet connection while playing — and it's something we're not going to do. Simply put, this feature is for restoring profile once in awhile, not for playing on several devices at once.

Support team should solve all your issues (restore your friends and/or alliance membership, or whatever) while playing single game on a single device of your choosing, though, please just give them some time.

No offense, but because of this, you should have NEVER changed to tie to Game Center. I'm at the point (finally) where GI is recommending I create a new GC account (which really means a new Apple ID) on my iPad in order to restore that game. That's a non-starter because of all the games that can support synchronous play on iPad and iPhone - I believe this is the only game I have that does not do it. This is a major change that will make me question using real money on this game again - I'm sure I have spent money on a game I am about to lose - or hopefully move to a device that I rarely have my hands on.

I realize that requiring an Internet connection might not be popular but maybe it would have fixed a large majority of the fake "time travel" issues that have hampered players for years.

I really wish this update was not tied to a new event. I was at work and just saw "new event" and downloaded immediately. If it was a regular update I would have updated on my iPad first and not had these issues for weeks now. I hope that this comment somehow makes it to decision makers.

Sorry for the rant. Hopefully the world's cats are safe (I didn't tag you after all).

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
037f2wpgj
Username
Kyushu Guy
Hi. First off hi...I'm a new player so don't really understand an awful lot yet but this thread seems to be about my current issue.

I mainly play on an iPad but this morning I had to go to a doctors appointment so while I was waiting I logged into the game on my iPhone. It synced fine and offered me the choice to use the up to date profile and I thought it was all good. When I got home I logged off the phone and logged into the iPad. I immediately got a message I had been expelled from the alliance I'm in, and lost all my very new hard won neighbors. First I had a few minutes trying to work out who I had upset, and how...but then thought to check my phone and found that there all was good...still in the alliance, and still had my neighbors.

So the issue is it didn't synch back from the phone to the iPad.

I'm hoping there is a fix for this because I have never seen a game from the Apple store that didn't function across all Apple devices flawlessly. After all, if you download it on one device it automatically goes to all your devices. If it is in fact true that this synch either doesn't really work or whatever I will probably have to stop playing as there is no point wasting time and money on something like this. Moreover...Apple should be aware they have a game in their store that doesn't really function properly with their devices. I have been asked to rate this game a few times but was waiting to give a genuine rating when I learnt it a bit more. Last night I was leaning towards 5 stars........by now it really depends on the answer to this post.

I'm really sorry to the community that my first post on the forum is such a whine but I don't really think what I did was exceptional..play on an iPad at home, but use my iPhone when out and about....especially given how the early game seems to want you clicking stuff every few seconds. Maybe this game isn't really suited to Apple device players.

Hi. First off hi...I'm a new player so don't really understand an awful lot yet but this thread seems to be about my current issue.

I mainly play on an iPad but this morning I had to go to a doctors appointment so while I was waiting I logged into the game on my iPhone. It synced fine and offered me the choice to use the up to date profile and I thought it was all good. When I got home I logged off the phone and logged into the iPad. I immediately got a message I had been expelled from the alliance I'm in, and lost all my very new hard won neighbors. First I had a few minutes trying to work out who I had upset, and how...but then thought to check my phone and found that there all was good...still in the alliance, and still had my neighbors.

I'm hoping there is a fix for this because I have never seen a game from the Apple store that didn't function across all Apple devices flawlessly. After all, if you download it on one device it automatically goes to all your devices. If it is in fact true that this synch either doesn't really work or whatever I will probably have to stop playing as there is no point wasting time and money on something like this. Moreover...Apple should be aware they have a game in their store that doesn't really function properly with their devices. I have been asked to rate this game a few times but was waiting to give a genuine rating when I learnt it a bit more. Last night I was leaning towards 5 stars........by now it really depends on the answer to this post.

I'm really sorry to the community that my first post on the forum is such a whine but I don't really think what I did was exceptional..play on an iPad at home, but use my iPhone when out and about....especially given how the early game seems to want you clicking stuff every few seconds. Maybe this game isn't really suited to Apple device players.

Hi,

I'm not sure if you understand well that topic:

The game is not designed to work on several devices.
I mean you cannot play a bit on your ipad, then on your phone, than back on the ipad.
This game has an offline feature, which allow to play offline, with no network, and then to sync when you get network back.

This mean you should choose a device, and stay on it. Not change from one to another each hour...

The system explained there is a way to allow one transfer (because before there were two separated game for the same apple account, one for ipad, another for iphone,and G! decided to merge the two games, allowing only one game on either the iphone or ipad) ).

one account (apple, gmail) should be set for one game on one device...

What you have experienced is a transfer from your ipad to your iphone (glad it has worked correctly, because for a gmail account, I had to wait two weeks for a support ticked to resolve the thing).
So don"t really expect that something could be done here.
choose one of your devices, and stay on it.
If select the ipad, I fear you may need to open a ticket on G! support and asks for the transfer back here.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work as expected (or as logical :)). The game has a large local data file on the device so it can't be played from several devices. Every "sync" to a new device means it transfers the local file onto the new device and the old device "loses" all neighbors, alliance etc. Keep trying to log in onto your iPad. After a while (hopefully hours rather than a day) you will be asked whether to sync your game and answering yes, the game will be "moved" back with all neighbors, alliance membership etc. from iPhone to iPad. Of course the local copy on the iPhone will lose all neighbors.

EDIT: Gemini was faster typing the explanation but generally it says the same thing.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
037f2wpgj
Username
Kyushu Guy
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately that means I'll have to put this game into the background and play it sometimes in the hours I am with the iPad once it syncs back. This at least will save me investing money into it so I'm glad I discovered this now rather than later. I feel that the GI information in the ingame help is misleading as it suggests that you should actually be able to sync between devices using the Game Center from Apple. Quote: "After you log into Game Center using the right Apple ID and open the game, you'll be prompted to load the existing progress". This is a factually inaccurate statement and doesn't work as stated. GI should make it clear in the Apple Store that this game should only be played on one device, especially as Apple automatically installs it on ALL your devices if you install it on one.

I enjoy the game itself, but these technical issues are leading me to a pretty poor assessment of GI.

Top Bottom