Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Update - Weather Station

volly

150+ Star Club
In any case - if you binge fly you WILL get punished with a storm - this happened to me 3 times last night. I would choose a place and start sending flights. Sure as the sun comes up - after a few flights - a storm happens shutting it down. If this storm concept was random (which weather is by the way) - I'd be much more cool with it. So, for example the weekly Alliance task - why do it if you KNOW you will get smacked halve way through? Its frustrating and mean. Not cool.
Also - The drop problem to set the station up - that needs to be addressed. I landed more guest planes last night and still not one drop to help with the station.

I think I see what the idea is - make one jump around all the time, and keep changing what you do. The problem with this is many people are goal centered. FOr example you may want to get 3 stars for a place. Well, now it takes MUCH longer to do anything that involve sending flights for if you try to binge, you get smacked.
People do NOT like getting smacked.

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
In any case - if you binge fly you WILL get punished with a storm - this happened to me 3 times last night. I would choose a place and start sending flights. Sure as the sun comes up - after a few flights - a storm happens shutting it down. If this storm concept was random (which weather is by the way) - I'd be much more cool with it. So, for example the weekly Alliance task - why do it if you KNOW you will get smacked halve way through? Its frustrating and mean. Not cool.
Also - The drop problem to set the station up - that needs to be addressed. I landed more guest planes last night and still not one drop to help with the station.

I think I see what the idea is - make one jump around all the time, and keep changing what you do. The problem with this is many people are goal centered. FOr example you may want to get 3 stars for a place. Well, now it takes MUCH longer to do anything that involve sending flights for if you try to binge, you get smacked.
People do NOT like getting smacked.
if you are hunting for any QL with maps, you will be punished right in the face after a few flights.. thats a huge problem for most of us i think! :( i think GI WANTS to make this game very unfriendly for most of the players..

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
My biggest beef very early on in the thread was that it just happened. If it went 9-12 months (or however long it was with the last one since it was before I began playing the game) between swaps then I'd be perfectly fine with it. Those who participate in a fuel ring either end up not updating their game or have to make another change so soon after the last one.

Thanks Free2Play for coming here and addressing the subject.
Totally understandable. I myself have set up another support game for Fuel20 gifting, but seems like it is short lived. So I agree with you that big G should at least make it every 6 months for cycling gifts list. People would feel that it's fair, and that it won't be too long to get Fuel20 back.

volly

150+ Star Club
I want to point out another little gem - remember that 100 item limit? Well.....watch what happens when you need 280 flights to do an alliance task and just when you start flying to run it - a storm hits. Thats right - the task is impossible unless you use greenies or you have a huge number of friend to send you the exact item you need which we know doesn't happen unless one has setup a wether ring to get around this crap
Yes I'm voicing my displeasure. I've spent money on a game and now with this cock teasing feature it is now no fun at all to play. I may as well quit the game or at least stop sending flights for there is no point in it. As soon as I start flying somewhere, a storm hits.

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
Some things are hopelessly obsolete, e.g. Pass5, Pass10, Fuel3, Duty Free Items..
GI, please, balance bad things you "upgrade" the game with. Start with small good ones - give Fuel20 to everyone, update fuel system (1hr- F10, 4hr - F20, 8hr - F50, for example), update Duty Free with larger coins or even useful items (or remove it to hell).
New challenges - great! But let's not drag things from deep past that only annoy people and nothing else.

And all those who thought they lost their fuel(20) for a year are chuckling and smirking right now. :p:p:p

How did you guess ??
smirk.jpg

Hehe,
Harcourt

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
So if I have one map for an adventure destination left, and need X flights to get my 3rd star....I might activate that 6 hour map, send a flight or two...then maybe get stopped in my tracks by a "storm" or some natural phenomenon...and need an item to fly? And if I don't have it, I can "pay" greenies to get it? Wonderful...

It's bad enough to have to wait 12 hours for broken planes to be repaired, and now this...oh wait...spending greenies will let me do anything...thank you GI for this...

I've bought greenies with real money many times the past four years, as I enjoyed the game and wanted to support GI. Mostly I'd spend them on land expansion, or reserve hangar space. I'm seriously rethinking whether or not I'll ever buy any more greenies again...

Device
  1. Android
  2. Facebook
Friend Code
04dvav7h
Username
Mortimer
One more thing that I noticed with this update: from time to time on different destination I have VIP sign. If l fly to it coins from flight will be double. I'm wondering if this is a single feature or part of some bigger feature?

While I can't say if it's part of anything bigger or what, I do know that on the FB version they've had the VIP passenger for a LONG time, ATM in the FB version it's just a "random?" "feature" for some flights..

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0422zu8k
Username
cantona2407
Does the 'bad weather's ever pass? Or do I need to send a flight with the correct item to clear it? In a situation where I just need more flights to St Petersburg and all but 1 of my planes are Jets so I can send some to Rio got spare wire and the rest to St Petersburg...as if by magic both these destinations have bad weather and I need an item to fly there. Been waiting all day for the bad weather to clear but still hasn't meaning I've had 5 planes flying to places I've already 3 star.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Facebook
Friend Code
04dvav7h
Username
Mortimer
Free2Play Do you know if the bug on the daily quest has been stomped on? Don't like trying to do certain dailys only to have the game tell me I didn't send enough gifts! (Even though I had/have sent max every time)

So if I have one map for an adventure destination left, and need X flights to get my 3rd star....I might activate that 6 hour map, send a flight or two...then maybe get stopped in my tracks by a "storm" or some natural phenomenon...and need an item to fly? And if I don't have it, I can "pay" greenies to get it? Wonderful...

It's bad enough to have to wait 12 hours for broken planes to be repaired, and now this...oh wait...spending greenies will let me do anything...thank you GI for this...

I've bought greenies with real money many times the past four years, as I enjoyed the game and wanted to support GI. Mostly I'd spend them on land expansion, or reserve hangar space. I'm seriously rethinking whether or not I'll ever buy any more greenies again...
Don't

Top Bottom