Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Update - Weather Station

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian
To follow up on my previous post, I've changed my mind - this move definitely screws new players over and more likely will just get people to stop playing, rather than spend money on the weather items to continue - it's one thing with free2play games where spending money should be completely optional but my 5th game simply can't progress without spending actual money of getting someone who can send tesla lightening rods over. If I was playing this as a new player (rather than someone who started their main game in Jan 2015) I've be giving up at this point.

Where my 5th game stands:

In addition to Sao Paulo being blocked after clearing the weather condition and getting just 2 flights in, I'm also not able to fly to the following due to thunderstorms, all of which require the tesla lightening rod:

Bali Island (25 flights, 10 short of expert)
Malta (2 flights)
Cape Canaveral (6 flights)

I can't yet fly to Thailand or San Francisco as I don't have the Flight School so I can therefore only fly to the following 4:

Turkish Coast (no weather item drops)
Washington DC (no weather item drops)
Arctic Station (Nano Coating drop)
Goa (Massive Spotlight Drop)

Both of Egypt and Cyprus, which I'm expert at, don't drop at weather items.

It's therefore impossible for me to get a Tesla Lightening Rod by grinding away at existing flights - which isn't fair.

As none of my other games provide Tesla Lightening rods, I'm therefore stuck unless:

I get a friend request from someone who can supply them - not had a single request on game 5 so far.
I can add someone as a friend - no accepted requests as of yet.
Purchase Tesla Lightening rods through the store.

Option 3 is probably what GI want - it's certainly not what they will get.

To follow up on my previous post, I've changed my mind - this move definitely screws new players over and more likely will just get people to stop playing, rather than spend money on the weather items to continue - it's one thing with free2play games where spending money should be completely optional but my 5th game simply can't progress without spending actual money of getting someone who can send tesla lightening rods over. If I was playing this as a new player (rather than someone who started their main game in Jan 2015) I've be giving up at this point.

In addition to Sao Paulo being blocked after clearing the weather condition and getting just 2 flights in, I'm also not able to fly to the following due to thunderstorms, all of which require the tesla lightening rod:

Malta (2 flights)

I can't yet fly to Thailand or San Francisco as I don't have the Flight School so I can therefore only fly to the following 4:

It's therefore impossible for me to get a Tesla Lightening Rod by grinding away at existing flights - which isn't fair.

As none of my other games provide Tesla Lightening rods, I'm therefore stuck unless:

I get a friend request from someone who can supply them - not had a single request on game 5 so far.

Wow - I would have to agree. It seems 75-80% of the new posts on this forum are people asking for weather items. I don't think I would last long as a new player, either.

Wow - I would have to agree. It seems 75-80% of the new posts on this forum are people asking for weather items. I don't think I would last long as a new player, either.

It's been pretty ridiculous for me when I see 50-60% of my destinations I actively fly to needing a weather item at any given time. I have them because of the weather ring but I'd hate to see how bad it is if I didn't have a weather station that supposedly increases the odds of good weather

Malta (2 flights)

You are almost correct - not completely correct however.
I was flying from my support games to Cape Canaveral for green launch items and I didn't want at all someone to send me items there instead to my main. At some point all destinations were stuck by weather. So I started buying Mistery Bonus chests from Duke every time he arrived and soon I had enough bonuses to resolve weather issues. I was flying not frequently but just few times a day however I had (and I still have) no weather station there.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox

Malta (2 flights)

Exactly this. I am also in the same position for my game #5. Need Tesla stuff and Bali also got hit by bad weather before I can get a Tesla from it.

Were you flying all your planes to 1 same destination or different planes to different destinations?

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian
To follow up again, I've since had plenty of requests that mean I've got 8 tesla rods in stock. I assume in part that's down to people on these forums - thanks if you've added my 5th game to get it back on track (as game 5 is going to be my main support game going forward).

It's also clear that none of the propeller or powerful-propeller destinations are affected by weather - and the Turkish Coast has also not been affected, so for new plays there is at least a way to get a game going from scratch. I just wish that Turkish Coast provided tesla rods, and that there is a least one destination for each weather item that is immune to bad weather.

There's also something to be said for the frequency of bad weather frequency. I've had Baikonur blocked 5 separate times this week in game 2 by strikes - pretty unlikely by my book.

Exactly this. I am also in the same position for my game #5. Need Tesla stuff and Bali also got hit by bad weather before I can get a Tesla from it.

Were you flying all your planes to 1 same destination or different planes to different destinations?

As I usually do, I was spamming all available planes to the same destination until I hit expert. I've found with my other games that bad weather requiring an item will hit more often than not after I've sent my first flights to a specific destination. All games now have a l1 weather station.

You are almost correct - not completely correct however.
I was flying from my support games to Cape Canaveral for green launch items and I didn't want at all someone to send me items there instead to my main. At some point all destinations were stuck by weather. So I started buying Mistery Bonus chests from Duke every time he arrived and soon I had enough bonuses to resolve weather issues. I was flying not frequently but just few times a day however I had (and I still have) no weather station there.

That method still requires cash - admittedly not cash from my bank account but it diverts in-game coins to something else that could be better spent elsewhere (upgrading buildings and new planes).

I thought like all of you yet now i know a simple FREE work around.

Neighbors

Get as many as you can. Neighbors send gifts. Gifts contain items to deal with weather. I have lots (close to 300) and weather is a complete non factor for me.
Yes it takes time to get them but in this game it is the journey that is important.

It's the only viable way to play now - but I started my main game ignoring neighbours for 6+ months and was able to play pretty well without issue

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
As I usually do, I was spamming all available planes to the same destination until I hit expert. I've found with my other games that bad weather requiring an item will hit more often than not after I've sent my first flights to a specific destination. All games now have a l1 weather station.

I'm also the type to fly all planes to the same destination and I notice that in doing so, the chance of bad weather shoots up tremendously.

If I spread out the planes to 2-3 destinations (1-2 planes per destination), the chance to get hit by bad weather decreases by quite a lot. Well I think if you do some statistics calculation it would maybe confirm this theory.

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
GI on FB weather FAQs touts how weather makes things more "realistic"...sure...I've got a magnetic storm sitting over Honolulu the past month! At least GI...make it rotate, or disappear after X number of days. That'd be true realism. For now, all it is...is a hurdle to those attempting excavation destinations where we have to send 12 planes at a time to utilize precious maps!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04zo92js
Username
MrMungo
How often are you supposed to get bad weather?
I flew to Arctic Station using a spiked tire this morning. Log in again 2 hours later, and it wants another one.
Reckon this game was fun before this introduction, which is basically a giant piece of stinky poo.

Device
  1. Windows PC
How often are you supposed to get bad weather?
I flew to Arctic Station using a spiked tire this morning. Log in again 2 hours later, and it wants another one.
Reckon this game was fun before this introduction, which is basically a giant piece of stinky poo.
You might just have been unlucky. I've also faced this issue, but also had windows where I could send many planes without any weather conditions. In the long run, I'm sure it will even out.

You might want to read this:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/next-update-—-5-9.19022/

From the link, an update is planned to be here late next week:
Weather conditions. The chances to get any weather conditions, both good and bad, are going to be significantly reduced for all flights, and if you don't do anything they'll dissappear automatically after some time. Tap the weather condition icon to see the exact time left.

Top Bottom