Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Update - Weather Station

I may be in a minority by the sounds of it but I like the update.

More expansion is great, sound of the tweaks above are good too like the small QL icon.

I've had no problem with the weather as some above have had, I've been flying to the same destination all day for an alliance quest and have none of the problems as above. I've had a bit of bad weather on that destination it came and it went, I also had some flights speed up due to other features- I think one was a rainbow.

As I understand it the weather event comes along and you will need an item to remove it. Those items are available as collectible items from flights so I expect to have them in stock soon. I have anither destination with a volcano at the mo - I was doing some excavation flight farming for gold tokens and the volcano appeared - the only reason I don't have the item to remove it is because today is the first day of the weather feature - if it came along in a couple of weeks I would expect have it in stock to use it in the same way I would use a spare prop or altimeter to have to got to a destination.

There are plenty of new items available in the lists on flights - I just need to work out which items are for which weather features.

I think it's just another feature that we will get used to.

More expansion is great, sound of the tweaks above are good too like the small QL icon.

I've had no problem with the weather as some above have had, I've been flying to the same destination all day for an alliance quest and have none of the problems as above. I've had a bit of bad weather on that destination it came and it went, I also had some flights speed up due to other features- I think one was a rainbow.

As I understand it the weather event comes along and you will need an item to remove it. Those items are available as collectible items from flights so I expect to have them in stock soon. I have anither destination with a volcano at the mo - I was doing some excavation flight farming for gold tokens and the volcano appeared - the only reason I don't have the item to remove it is because today is the first day of the weather feature - if it came along in a couple of weeks I would expect have it in stock to use it in the same way I would use a spare prop or altimeter to have to got to a destination.

There are plenty of new items available in the lists on flights - I just need to work out which items are for which weather features.

Well you're wrong and I just dumped 3k on land expansion buts what the point, the goalposts are being moved, if I was a new player I'd be very angry how much harder it's just been made to progress. Ivan has to tow the party line but this update is bs. Shame on gi

I don't mind it either. Just need some time to stock up. I like your comparison of needing a flight item - in some ways it's like a repair item as well, broken plane/broken destination. No repair item? No fly.

My only criticism is the positive features are rubbish compared to the negative ones. A slightly faster flight? Double experience points or coins? Not much incentive to distract me from going about my normal business. Give me a "200 knot tail wind" bonus and reduce my fuel cost by 33 % and then I'll start taking notice ;)

I sure do..If I send out my (current) max of 5 flights at once I need the P10 to help rebuild my passengers for the next run. So people gifting me P10's was/is a welcome thing. Just like the people who were/are gifting me the F20.
Be careful what you say. You'll get a hundred neighbor requests from people with no F20 wanting to do a daily trade :hilarious::ROFLMAO:.

Device
  1. Android
Username
SV670
It is what it is. I updated and started construction but not rushing the station. I therefor don't know my opinions fully on this issue yet. I do hope there were major bugfixes as I have been affected my several major issues lately.

And thank you Free2Play for responding to this update. I feel it was necessary, but I hope we can all remain respectful during this.

Yeah but now we have to use green cash to fly to normal destinations for stars.... So unfair

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
.... And the Sound Store has nothing to do with Weather Station, that's an embarassing mistake on our part that nobody noticed...

Any idea when the Sound Store bug will be fixed? I have many in my city and will hold off updating until they fix it...update: I finally realize the Sound Stores don't disappear..lol. Thought it was like the disappearing Donut Shops a few years ago...but just a typo on the screen that shows where to obtain items for the lvl 1 weather station! Duh...

Last edited:
Any idea when the Sound Store bug will be fixed? I have many in my city and will hold off updating until they fix it...update: I finally realize the Sound Stores don't disappear..lol. Thought it was like the disappearing Donut Shops a few years ago...but just a typo on the screen that shows where to obtain items for the lvl 1 weather station! Duh...
Ha I remember that and put all my donut shops in storage today. After spending thousands on land expansion that seemed like nothing. How they ruined this game is such a shame.

dtaylor1972

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egjq35
Username
dtaylor1972
Some things are hopelessly obsolete, e.g. Pass5, Pass10, Fuel3, Duty Free Items..
GI, please, balance bad things you "upgrade" the game with. Start with small good ones - give Fuel20 to everyone, update fuel system (1hr- F10, 4hr - F20, 8hr - F50, for example), update Duty Free with larger coins or even useful items (or remove it to hell).
New challenges - great! But let's not drag things from deep past that only annoy people and nothing else.

All good points.... They keep dumping more crap onto their sh*t sandwich "AC" telling us players that its roast beef!!! They want $$ yet the only thing we get is that same sandwich...now aitnt this still a fun game :)

As I said when they "fixed" the GD.planetarium "bug" .., NEVER again will G! Get any real $ outof me.., They have sucked the fun out of this bit by bit...I play less than before, and this update will cause even less interest... The end is near!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
if you are hunting for any QL with maps, you will be punished right in the face after a few flights.. thats a huge problem for most of us i think! :( i think GI WANTS to make this game very unfriendly for most of the players..
This is my major gripe with this weather station thing. It makes sense to include weather even though its a pain (considering that weather plays a huge role in real flight), but what I dont like is the intentional targeting of flights due to players trying to reach their goals. Space maps are not easy to come by, so hindering the process due to a stupid volcano in Berkeley makes no figurative or literal sense.
Players, I suggest that you hold off on all binge flying until you stock up on all weather flight items to handle any weather situation...in case a snowstorm hits Bangalore

Newbies are fucked in this game now
All are ******* in this game and G$ sells it as a "must have" (they only want our best - our money)
Everything went down in this game - this week I had 139 flights to Monterrey and got nothing (if one uses each kind of bonus or not). May be the plan is to keep only members with to much money on their account? Where are the good old times with real games for 50$ much more interesting than this comic strip here. I will decide after the update on windows, if I quit now. G$ will never see again real Money again from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

B17 Flying Fortress

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
B17
The excitement of an update and a rush to build and explore to be the first to have it. 5 years ago. Now we don't want to update, we don't want to play anymore. Weather is a good addition but how it's used is dumb. Stop screwing with the gifts. Give everyone red 20 and be done with it. All we want is attainable quests, a new space launch, alliance revamped or a better way for all to get maps and better drops normally and that are enhanced with bonuses. Cheaper land expansion too. I can't afford this neighborhood anymore! I hold out hope for better updates(often). I will continue to play(seldom). Chances of it getting any better (very seldom). Will GI ever figure it out (never).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The excitement of an update and a rush to build and explore to be the first to have it. 5 years ago. Now we don't want to update, we don't want to play anymore. Weather is a good addition but how it's used is dumb. Stop screwing with the gifts. Give everyone red 20 and be done with it. All we want is attainable quests, a new space launch, alliance revamped or a better way for all to get maps and better drops normally and that are enhanced with bonuses. Cheaper land expansion too. I can't afford this neighborhood anymore! I hold out hope for better updates(often). I will continue to play(seldom). Chances of it getting any better (very seldom). Will GI ever figure it out (never).
Well said...and clever wordplay with the drop rates

Guys, when you tap the upgraded weather station (doesn't matter at lvl1, lvl2 or possibly lvl3 as well - I'm still upgrading to lvl3) you see a kind of a 3x3 table with what I've seen only first square filled in with some flight. The squares are called day1 through day9 and at the right there are three bonuses (if I'm not mistaken, the bonus in the first row is increasing chances for good weather and the bonus in the third row is the good old weathervane - as I'm currently upgrading, I can't tap on the weather station).
Does it mean we have to do one flight daily to the requested destination and then we will get some bonus for flying to the requested destination few days in a row?!

Top Bottom