Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Update - Weather Station

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
It seems that it starts after we complete weather station (I updated the game but didn't even started to build weather station. I don't have any weather effect so far...).

Another question here: can this weather station be demolished or at least be put into warehouse? Will this stop weather effects?

One more thing that I noticed with this update: from time to time on different destination I have VIP sign. If l fly to it coins from flight will be double. I'm wondering if this is a single feature or part of some bigger feature?
I don't have the weather station yet. I didn't begin to add it until after the volcanic eruptions occurred.

Last edited:

dtaylor1972

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egjq35
Username
dtaylor1972
im surprised that fuel cost doesnt fluctuate like the normal markets
and why cant i send a plane out half full

Because its G! .... We need a rear in every seat, and a greenie to use the head :)

Seems they did fix some of the cheats the big cheaters use... So maybe well see some impact from it...

But hey, again they are sucking what little fun was left out bit by bit! Till were all gone!

Lots of negative comments here but I think it's a perfectly reasonable addition to the game.
It's not all that different to a plane breaking down after a flight, if you have the required repair item in stock you use it and fly again, or use greenies to buy one, or wait for the repair.
In this case the issue is known before the flight starts, if you have the required item you use it and fly as normal, but if not then I dare say it can be purchased with greenies, or you pick another flight. I expect that the weather station will reduce the chances of the issue happening.
The reason we have many people upset is probably just because we haven't built up a stock of special items yet, especially for excavation maps of course. Once that stock is built up then I am sure it won't seem so much of an issue.
I reckon we should see what it looks like in a week or two.

Have finished level 3, But still dont understand what it gives yet. Havent experienced any delays on flight like @Mario's Dad yet though.

This is possibly an indication that the Weather Station does work by reducing the weather related issues. (But it doesn't produce anything - A bit like the Flight School)
So worth purchasing and upgrading I would say.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
No it isn't. Same crap happened to me. Out of all the flights i CAN do with my fleet, the one I need to finish the alliance task is the ONLY ONE that now requires something that I can't gift myself to anyone but i can pay 3 greenies EACH TIME I FLY????
Free2Play - really? If this is how it is going to be I'm out. This isn't balancing. This is just a bad idea all around. You've made it pretty much impossible for a player not to complete things unless we spend real money. I have 19 flights to go, been using only one plane, having to use secret facuet which i used greenies (that i spent real money on) on to have enough fuel and now i have to fork out an additional 57 greenies to finish the task. This isn't fun, its just mean. (n)

Edit: You know what this reeks of like a garbage dump when players try to understand the logic of this "feature" fron the developer's point of view?
Because of a few people who cheat and because we devs won't fix the code to stop the cheaters, we devs will add a feature that punishes everyone.
Nice job of pissing off legit players devs. Bravo. Whats the oncore? We will need a greenie each day just to launch the game?

Hi.
Please don't tag me in posts. If there's something urgent, like your game being stuck at loading screen or you lost your progress because of a crash — drop me a line in PM, and I'll try to ensure the support team helps you with your ticket in a timely manner. If everyone will start tagging me here wherever any new feature introduced, I'll need to stop reading all mentions altogether.

Now, back to weather. There's a FAQ coming on Facebook soon that hopefully will answer most of the questions. But for now let me answer the questions everyone asked here.

The weather is a must have feature for any simulator type game, and it was only a matter of time before we brought it from Facebook to mobile versions. Now, wherever you start the same flight a couple of times there's a chance to get a special condition for that flight. There are several bad ones that increase fuel costs or flight duration, and several good ones that increase profits or decrease flight time. Overall, there're about 20 of them. The condition clears after you complete _one_ flight with it. After that a new condition will appear sometime — it's random to a certain degree, and will not always be the same each time. The chance to get a weather condition is roughly the same as a chance to break your plane, but you can reduce it by building a Weather Station. Not building a weather station will not stop thunderstorms or whatever from happening.

You can get all of the weather items without spending Airport Cash. If you need a certain item like a tesla lightning rod, check your gifts and drops from earlier flights.

As for the bugs — contrary to popular belief nobody's trying to break fuel rings, the occasional switch of gifts was a by-feature of how our gift system worked for many years. Our engineers promise that this update's switch will be the last switch of gifts ever — well, I hope they do well on that promise. And the Sound Store has nothing to do with Weather Station, that's an embarassing mistake on our part that nobody noticed. There're usual ways to get additional items for weather station: watching ads, gifts and getting them from flights when you have an active side quest to build the weather station of that level (the same way it works for most buildings that need items since the release of the game).

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
As for the bugs — contrary to popular belief nobody's trying to break fuel rings, the occasional switch of gifts was a by-feature of how our gift system worked for many years. Our engineers promise that this update's switch will be the last switch of gifts ever — well, I hope they do well on that promise.
I actually like the gift cycle, so everybody has a chance to gift Fuel20, and new other gifts like repair items and duty free items.

SS1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hwuqah
Username
SS1
I can also confirm what @volly is saying. i have been flying the fleet all to Saint Petersburg to get the stars complete and now interestingly that is the only destination that happens to have a snow storm.
Really? Is this necessary? This is an AI dynamic monitor put in place for the sole purpose of impeding a player's progress. Required flight items are in place for this same reason of slowing/impeding, but they aren't dynamic. So your playing by all defined rules, and then a piece of code gets triggered that causes "the program" to come out and say, "whoa!,, Not so fast".
This has an invasive and rude feel to it.

I actually like the gift cycle, so everybody has a chance to gift Fuel20, and new other gifts like repair items and duty free items.

My biggest beef very early on in the thread was that it just happened. If it went 9-12 months (or however long it was with the last one since it was before I began playing the game) between swaps then I'd be perfectly fine with it. Those who participate in a fuel ring either end up not updating their game or have to make another change so soon after the last one.

Thanks Free2Play for coming here and addressing the subject.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Also, a couple of things we did in 5.7 that you might not notice immediately, but I hope will be of help to you.

• When you send a gift, you can now sort your neighbors the same way you sort them in the Neighbors menu. Now you can easily send gifts only to your favorite friends.
  • When visiting a city of someone who's not your neighbor, like someone in the Top 100 rating, you can see if he or she is a member of the alliance, and you can send a request to be neighbors with that person.
  • We've tweaked zoom a bit, now when you pinch to zoom the camera will be centered there.
  • You can now view the stats and description of anything that's rewarded for completing a collection. Open up an 'info' hint where you see the building or the bonus that you get for completing a collection, and tap a little image of it to see what it's worth.
  • If you have a flight item in stock for a certain flight, e.g. Fuel Additives for London, by tapping it in the flights menu you can see all places where you can get more of it. The same thing for that window you see when you miss several things needed at once to start a flight.
  • Your Support ID is now shown both in game settings menu and in app settings that should ease your proceedings with a support team.
  • Madlen's city has got all of the recent new buildings so you can check them out before deciding if you want them for yourself.
  • Active Quantum Leap if there's one is now shown before you join the friend's space program.
  • If any of you play in Arabic, you should see a major improvement of all game texts and related game interfaces.
  • Long tap now should work correctly on iPad Pro and similar devices with stylus support but without 3D Touch support.
  • Lots of bug fixes, the major ones being wrong limits shown in the Duke's store, weekly alliance mission's reward window not always showing up, daily quests progress reset after leveling up.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Jega001

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042fq3o0
Username
Jega001
I definitely shouldn't have updated the game. It's Ruined.
It is what it is. I updated and started construction but not rushing the station. I therefor don't know my opinions fully on this issue yet. I do hope there were major bugfixes as I have been affected my several major issues lately.

And thank you Free2Play for responding to this update. I feel it was necessary, but I hope we can all remain respectful during this.

Kazinho

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vd3s3a
Username
Kazinho / Harambe
Hi.
Our engineers promise that this update's switch will be the last switch of gifts ever — well, I hope they do well on that promise.

Not happy about this at all. I waited patiently for a year until the gift swap and now it reverts back within 1 month? Needs a bit of balance - 6 monthly rotations.

Top Bottom