Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.6 Update

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20nypra11
Username
MAC AIR
Well it seems I was lucky enough to get the update, or unlucky enough to get the update as the case may be. As people have said, this is primarily a technical update which introduces some new features but no new content and unfortunately a bunch of new bugs. Funnily enough I had stopped playing the game about nine months ago because I was sick of its buggy nature and had only just started recently playing again, only to get hit with another buggy version. If I hadn't of just bought some bank notes I would be walking away from the game again.

Most of the bugs seem to more annoying in nature,
  • When I click on button in space mission or other places the button appears to be non responsive. Sometimes it has a delayed reaction, sometimes it just doesn't work
  • I've lost contact with most of my neighbors.
  • I lost my space mission after the upgrade, but I note the developer's warning on this, albeit a bit late.
  • Planes when landing seem appear to disappear at the end of the runway. So it appears to be empty but you still need to tap on the runway to clear it.
  • My biggest grip and this is a biggy. I was charged more for the production upgrade at the sweets factory than the displayed price. As you seen in the attached screen shot the displayed price for the upgrade is 10 bank notes however after upgrading the production at my two factories I noticed I had actually been slugged 40 bank notes for each upgrade. Had I known they were 40 each I wouldn't have upgraded them. I am now in dispute with Game Insight to recover the bank notes. They want proof (screen shot) I actually purchased the upgrade but the problem is the game doesn't exactly produce receipts for in-game transactions. So I am sort of stuffed and not happy about it. So if you do get the upgrade, take this as a word of caution. :(

As for the new features well,
The new zoom feature seems nice, takes a bit of getting use to but handy for collecting coins on a big city. My only gripe with this is they have also increase the size of all the buttons down the sides, which then takes up a lot screen real estate, giving you less room to view to your city.
As for the other advertised features, they don't seem to work yet so I can't really comment on them

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-07-07-23-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-07-07-23-19.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 202

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Well it seems I was lucky enough to get the update, or unlucky enough to get the update as the case may be. As people have said, this is primarily a technical update which introduces some new features but no new content and unfortunately a bunch of new bugs. Funnily enough I had stopped playing the game about nine months ago because I was sick of its buggy nature and had only just started recently playing again, only to get hit with another buggy version. If I hadn't of just bought some bank notes I would be walking away from the game again.

Most of the bugs seem to more annoying in nature,
  • When I click on button in space mission or other places the button appears to be non responsive. Sometimes it has a delayed reaction, sometimes it just doesn't work
  • I've lost contact with most of my neighbors.
  • I lost my space mission after the upgrade, but I note the developer's warning on this, albeit a bit late.
  • Planes when landing seem appear to disappear at the end of the runway. So it appears to be empty but you still need to tap on the runway to clear it.
  • My biggest grip and this is a biggy. I was charged more for the production upgrade at the sweets factory than the displayed price. As you seen in the attached screen shot the displayed price for the upgrade is 10 bank notes however after upgrading the production at my two factories I noticed I had actually been slugged 40 bank notes for each upgrade. Had I known they were 40 each I wouldn't have upgraded them. I am now in dispute with Game Insight to recover the bank notes. They want proof (screen shot) I actually purchased the upgrade but the problem is the game doesn't exactly produce receipts for in-game transactions. So I am sort of stuffed and not happy about it. So if you do get the upgrade, take this as a word of caution. :(

As for the new features well,
The new zoom feature seems nice, takes a bit of getting use to but handy for collecting coins on a big city. My only gripe with this is they have also increase the size of all the buttons down the sides, which then takes up a lot screen real estate, giving you less room to view to your city.
As for the other advertised features, they don't seem to work yet so I can't really comment on them
Thanks for short summary. Hope GI will solve all those annoying bug and not create new ones.
They should work on new features, but we need a quest also. Alliance is long term quest, but I missed 7d or 14d quests, with nice reward. Or side quests.... It looks will take much longer for this update... Like last year or 2y before, not sure when was pretty same situation... :bag:

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20nypra11
Username
MAC AIR
Ok this could be a new feature that might be useful or maybe it is something I haven't noticed before but it appears you can now do direct swaps to your reserve hanger, so it is much easier to swap your planes. If this is a new feature then woohoo, well done to Game Insight, actually makes the reserve hanger useful.
Screenshot_2016-07-07-08-25-41.png

On the downside, I discovered some of my maps don't work, currently I can't fly to Corinth.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
@grumpybug those 2nd slots on the lollipop factory are 40 greens normally, so it appears that it's a bug that shows the 10 greens (then the 3rd slot is 80 greens but on your pic it shows 10 greens) Looks like you have been stung by a bug in the updated version. You might want to add that to your conversation with GI support.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20nypra11
Username
MAC AIR
Sorry to be feeding this to you in bits and apologies if it's not new but just found a few more changes.

1. The alliance chat feature has been removed
2. The landing countdown for space missions I'm guessing now starts from when the actual launch happens. So if you are away from the game for a while you'll find the space mission may already be complete when you return.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hey everyone,

if you've got the 4.6.51 version and encountered a problem — please contact support.
We try to get feedback from everywhere, but filing a ticket though support provides us your support ID & your device which helps us immensely.

We've taken these past days to address the issues everyone found (and we keep finding them ourselves, too). Next update should arrive this week.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Ok this could be a new feature that might be useful or maybe it is something I haven't noticed before but it appears you can now do direct swaps to your reserve hanger, so it is much easier to swap your planes. If this is a new feature then woohoo, well done to Game Insight, actually makes the reserve hanger useful.
View attachment 3562

On the downside, I discovered some of my maps don't work, currently I can't fly to Corinth.
It is a feature and it should work like this :)

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
I disagree. IMHO they should work on making current features bug-free. Which is what Ivan promised, but we see new features like zoom or buttons instead.
I totally agree. But meanwhile we should have any new quest. In past we had them every second week, or at least once per month. It was thrilling to do flights, visiting neighbors, etc..., to receive a price/reward....
Now those, who are "heavy" users, have alliance only... :whistle:

Alfonz Senki

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
main: alnmgae, support: 04ms6v1e, 2nd support: a0o8r60
Username
main: AS-..... (the item I need the most), support: AS-no_gift!
We might get the Independence Day event a little bit late just like iOS users got the Back to School event a bit late ;) last time

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20nypra11
Username
MAC AIR
Another bug discovered.

Every time an object is moved in the game. The game plays the animation sequence of the Count's airship arriving. Just makes it bloody annoying if you are trying to make any major changes to your city.

Also just discovered, battery life. If I leave the game running it destroys my battery life down to about 30 minutes. I play the game on a galaxy note and after about 10 minutes you can feel tablet getting quite warm where the CPU is.

Last edited:
Another bug discovered.

Every time an object is moved in the game. The game plays the animation sequence of the Count's airship arriving. Just makes it bloody annoying if you are trying to make any major changes to your city.

Also just discovered, battery life. If I leave the game running it destroys my battery life down to about 30 minutes. I play the game on a galaxy note and after about 10 minutes you can feel tablet getting quite warm where the CPU is.
Resources were once promised to be sorted, it now uses Gb of data, all your battery and memory and there not really any new functionality, new programmers needed at GI.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Sorry to be feeding this to you in bits and apologies if it's not new but just found a few more changes.

1. The alliance chat feature has been removed
2. The landing countdown for space missions I'm guessing now starts from when the actual launch happens. So if you are away from the game for a while you'll find the space mission may already be complete when you return.

Both good additions then, the alliance chat never worked so best to remove it. No.2 is a welcome thing as sometimes you get stuck in long launches because if lift off time and then when you lift it off.

Top Bottom