Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Rabbit hole drop rates

What was your experience with the quest?

• Drop rates pretty good - complete the task rather easily without spending any greenies

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Drop rate fair - able to complete without spending greenies

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Drop rate poor - able to complete but had to spend some greenies ( less than 50)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Drop rate very poor - able to complete but had to spend LOTs of greenies (+50)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Drop rate very poor - did NOT complete. Did not spend greenies

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Drop rate very poor - Did not complete. Spent some greenies (less than 50)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Drop rate very poor - Did not complete. Spent lots of greenes (+50)

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

volly

150+ Star Club
The point of this thread is NOT to bitch. It is to report your attempt to complete the down the rabbit hole quest, and the drop rates you got. We all clear on that? Good.

I put in a pole that I really would appreciate you answering TRUTHFULLY. Just pick the response that fits your playing style and what you experienced. The point here is to provide feedback to the devs on our experience.

volly

150+ Star Club
(I took screenshots right before the close of the event to have a reference)
My experience -
Wonderland with only 2 card planes: 147 flights
Cheltenham: over 200 flights (Due to Cheltenham required the landing lamp, I had to also fly to Turkish coast to get the lamps first so add about 170 times there as well.)
Chichester: 38 flights
Lichfield: 26 flights
Eggs: 5 Russian, 3 Indian, 1 English (didn't get until 3 hours before the deadline)

Supplies used:
over 4000 passenger in storage (burned through everything I had)
Over 3000 in fuel (burned through everything I had)

Hatter sets bought from the store: 9 (162 greenies used)

Used Spyglass and Dice

Final result: 3/5, 5/5, 5/5

Failed to complete.

I didn't finish last year, but had a good supply of items to make this year easier. Already had 3 card hangars, 3 card planes, and between 4-6 of all my eggs. Like an idiot last year, I had already gathered all my collections, so had to re-do those, but still had a good head start. I don't think I could have done it without last years' leftover goodies.:):):) I definitely think GI is making our new events to be 2-year quests!

Edit: Forgot to add - bonuses used: Spyglass x2. (already had - didn't buy)
3-starred Cheltenham, Chichester and Lichfield

I answered it truthfully but, to be frank, it sure sounds like you're trying to complain and start yet another thread of complaining here.

I finished it from scratch and spent a total of 12 greens on day 1. I also picked up 2 English Eggs.

This was a hard event...the only one I've found harder was last year's Santa one when I was a brand new player. I really had to work at this one to finish it too.

I hope people don't turn this into another thread of complaining...we have enough of those around here

volly

150+ Star Club
I answered it truthfully but, to be frank, it sure sounds like you're trying to complain and start yet another thread of complaining here.

I finished it from scratch and spent a total of 12 greens on day 1. I also picked up 2 English Eggs.

This was a hard event...the only one I've found harder was last year's Santa one when I was a brand new player. I really had to work at this one to finish it too.

I hope people don't turn this into another thread of complaining...we have enough of those around here
nope - no complaining. I know statistics can be misleading. This is just to provide feedback. As one person pointed out - this may be a mulit year event. If that is the case then I did pretty well.

I could not really pick an option in the poll. I played last year and finished it.
That left me with only needing 5 of the same items needed for each collection
this year. The drops were better last year and I had around 19 eggs to put
down from last year. I was also able to get the eggs up before the event
started as windows was late starting so had those from the get go.
But yeah drops were poor spent no greenies and finished the few
items I actually needed. If I am still playing when it comes around again
I will finish again I am sure as I am in a very similar situation having
many items for all the collections so probably need the same amount next year, :cool:

dtaylor1972

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egjq35
Username
dtaylor1972
New event 4 me, and got the final door i was missing early this am.... Finished with less than a day to spare!

Bought 1 set to start out,and a few sglass... Yes,drops were the worst ive seen on any event!!!

At least a decent prize 4 completion!

Device
  1. Windows PC
The drop rate for the destinations was less than 5% until the last few days when it jumped to around 10%. I had to burn a spyglass and about 20 red fuel in order to get the last card I needed today.
I actually got more drops by playing sporadically last 36 hours than playing as effective as possible the first 6 days of the event. They sure buffed the droprate.
I have to admit that this was a harder event than the previous ones I've attended. Atm, I'm just stocking up for the next time the event happens. Won't complete it this year, and that's ok. Can't win them all, right? ;)
Still got a couple of days before the event ends, so it will be interesting to see how many collections I can stock up.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Drop rate for me was as expected, ended up completing it a few times over - using extra fuel, spyglass and Friend in Need for knives (mainly just for the 3 star of Wonderland) I spent maybe 30-40 greens on sets to get more knives and mirrors as I have the other 2 bonus' in stock. Last year was harder, this year was easier as I had the eggs in storage, next year will be easier for those who struggled this year. Each event isn't made to be completed first time without using lots of fuel and bonus', this game has been going for years and years, the long game is how it is planned out.

This was a pretty hard event (compared to previous year).
A person who had participated the event the previous year would have an advantage over those who started fresh.
Even for those who had participated last year but had to complete all collections from scratch would find it quite difficult to complete.

The thing is, using Spy Glass, Dice, Golden Dice, Sky Captain seems to have negligible effect compared to previous events.

Maybe some transparency on the effectiveness of these bonuses from GI would be helpful
(e.g. % probability of drops from using a bonus instead of seldom, double, almost never?).

Meagansoroka

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
meagansoroka
I was not able to complete this event last year, so I did have the advantage of having leftover items. The drop rate definitely seemed low, but I was able to complete without using any bonuses or spending any greenies. Had I not had some things carry over, I doubt this would have been the case.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
This was a pretty hard event (compared to previous year).
A person who had participated the event the previous year would have an advantage over those who started fresh.
Even for those who had participated last year but had to complete all collections from scratch would find it quite difficult to complete.

The thing is, using Spy Glass, Dice, Golden Dice, Sky Captain seems to have negligible effect compared to previous events.

Maybe some transparency on the effectiveness of these bonuses from GI would be helpful
(e.g. % probability of drops from using a bonus instead of seldom, double, almost never?).

I found Spy Glass worked well with flights (as described) but no effect on buildings and entities around my city and neighbours city. I feel this was fixed at the same time as golden dice on neighbours planetariums, as in previous years the amount Spy Glass helped in buildings and entities was a bug. ( I remember last year getting practically 10 knives per neighbour with Spy Glass and Friend In Need active).

Top Bottom