Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New Update - Weather Station

Bram

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
bramGN
Username
bramGN
I ******* hate this weather stuff

say goodbye to your special flight map, or spend money.
time to say this game goodbye?

Attachments

• 2017-09-03 11.30.34.png
    2017-09-03 11.30.34.png
    571.9 KB · Views: 183
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I noticed something odd about the weather station events, which might be of interest to all the members. I have bad weather events for two flights:
Air Traffic Controllers went on strike at San Francisco
Magnetic Storms at Thailand
I have the devices necessary to 'fix' these flights but I have not sent any planes on these flights.
I have been flying lots of flights to the Turkish Coast and to Washington D.C. in order to try and meet an alliance requirement.
What I have been noticing is that I am getting only good weather vents (VIP, Rainbow, Professional Pilot) on these two flights for the past 3 days.
I am wondering if there is something in the weather events where you can only get two bad weather events at a time, as this seems to be the case for me.
I have a level 2 weather station and nearly have it upgraded to level 3 if that is significant.

Has anyone else seen a 'pattern' like this where if you have two bad weather events active, you only get good weather events?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
I noticed something odd about the weather station events, which might be of interest to all the members. I have bad weather events for two flights:
Air Traffic Controllers went on strike at San Francisco
Magnetic Storms at Thailand
I have the devices necessary to 'fix' these flights but I have not sent any planes on these flights.
I have been flying lots of flights to the Turkish Coast and to Washington D.C. in order to try and meet an alliance requirement.
What I have been noticing is that I am getting only good weather vents (VIP, Rainbow, Professional Pilot) on these two flights for the past 3 days.
I am wondering if there is something in the weather events where you can only get two bad weather events at a time, as this seems to be the case for me.
I have a level 2 weather station and nearly have it upgraded to level 3 if that is significant.

Has anyone else seen a 'pattern' like this where if you have two bad weather events active, you only getlucky weather events?

No. I have a level 3 weather station and have had 5+ bad weather locations at the same time. I think you are getting lucky or it is the type of plane.

I feel as if the lower level planes have less bad weather. I have noticed this with alliance flights and adventure maps. I didn't keep any statistics so it is just a hunch as of right now.

I came up with a technique to limit bad weather when flying maps with instant return. The more airplanes you fly at the same time to the same map the better the technique is. Bad weather only shows up when you land an airplane and not when they take off from what I have seen. So here is what you do:
1 launch all of your planes to the map location.
2 instant return one of the planes
3 launch the same plane to the map destination
4 repeat steps 2 and 3 until you experience bad weather
5 instant return all planes from the map location
6 start over at step 1 using the bad weather item to overcome the weather

Instant returning all of your planes when there is bad weather doesn't give you bad weather because you already have it. However, I have had the bad weather change to good weather by doing this. I would imagine that based on that the type of bad weather could be changed too.

pdxsk

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
pdxsk2
Username
pdxsk2
I've flown all day to one of my Alliance task destinations. Three (3) times I've gotten bad weather needing a "massive spotlight" to clear. That seems more a hurdle to my game play versus "making it more realistic"...GI, it appears, just added weather to slow us down...make us use more fuel...etc. I have yet to jump for joy when I send say...8 planes to one destination first time I open the game in the morning and the first flight has a "rainbow"...big deal...the first plane returns a little sooner...wow...

In the very least, GI should program into the game the automatic removal of an adverse weather condition after say...24 hours or some other reasonable waiting period. That would be realistic!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03b4cge6
Username
Me
I find the weather stuff pretty annoying. I struggle to let my plane fly anywhere. I have 4 Jets and can´t sent them to any destination because for everything a stupid item is necessary. Once a day I get some of them sent by friends.

Anybody can add me if interested. I can offer additional radar, fuel additives, stabilizer, landing lamp (which already everybody can get from flights to turkey which strangely never have bad weather), powerful radio transmitter, spare wire. What I need is nano coating, and TESLA LIGHTNING ROADS like cracy, spiked tire.

I think the weather is nice idear in general but it gets ridiculous when almost the entire world is in a thunderstorm.

Friend code: 03b4cge6

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
I find the weather stuff pretty annoying. I struggle to let my plane fly anywhere. I have 4 Jets and can´t sent them to any destination because for everything a stupid item is necessary. Once a day I get some of them sent by friends.

Anybody can add me if interested. I can offer additional radar, fuel additives, stabilizer, landing lamp (which already everybody can get from flights to turkey which strangely never have bad weather), powerful radio transmitter, spare wire. What I need is nano coating, and TESLA LIGHTNING ROADS like cracy, spiked tire.

I think the weather is nice idear in general but it gets ridiculous when almost the entire world is in a thunderstorm.

Friend code: 03b4cge6
You might be flying all of your aircraft to the same location to often. Try spreading them out between different locations. It helps a lot. Sometimes you just get bad weather.

The whole key to this game is time and a good trading network. The more active neighbors you have the easier the game becomes due to trading. Get as many neighbors as you can as soon as you can. Don't wait for them to add you. Send as many requests as you can to as many people as you can. The game is so easy to send 'cold' requests to everyone through the icons in the game.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03b4cge6
Username
Me
You might be flying all of your aircraft to the same location to often. Try spreading them out between different locations. It helps a lot. Sometimes you just get bad weather.

The whole key to this game is time and a good trading network. The more active neighbors you have the easier the game becomes due to trading. Get as many neighbors as you can as soon as you can. Don't wait for them to add you. Send as many requests as you can to as many people as you can. The game is so easy to send 'cold' requests to everyone through the icons in the game.

I try to use all the destinations. But so far I can´t use Sao paulo, arctic station, Malta, Cape Canaveral, Thailand, San Francisco, rome, LA, Baikonur, Buenos Aires, London, Canary Islands, North Observatoroy, Singapure, Rio, Sydney, Saint Petersburg

I can sue: Turkish Coast, Was. DC, Goa (so 3 for turboprop), Non for Jets!!!!

Is this really normal? I can understand when a destination is blocked from time time because of bad weather. But when u have 3 jets on the ground because u can´t fly to any destination then that doesn't´t sound like a fun game.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
I try to use all the destinations. But so far I can´t use Sao paulo, arctic station, Malta, Cape Canaveral, Thailand, San Francisco, rome, LA, Baikonur, Buenos Aires, London, Canary Islands, North Observatoroy, Singapure, Rio, Sydney, Saint Petersburg

I can sue: Turkish Coast, Was. DC, Goa (so 3 for turboprop), Non for Jets!!!!

Is this really normal? I can understand when a destination is blocked from time time because of bad weather. But when u have 3 jets on the ground because u can´t fly to any destination then that doesn't´t sound like a fun game.
No. It isn't usual. It sounds like once your bad weather started it went downhill really fast for you.

You have a couple of options.

1 start trading to get the items you need. Once you have jet locations you can fly to again, slow down your flying in order to not fall into the same pit as you keep digging your self out.

2 get a level two weather station and try to complete 6 days in a row. This will give you a shaman drum in order to clear all of your weather at all of your destinations. This will be hard due to your current over bearing weather situation.

3 a combination of 1 and 2

4 buy the 8,000 coin mystery box when duke Crocker shows up. Hope for a shaman drum.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03b4cge6
Username
Me
No. It isn't usual. It sounds like once your bad weather started it went downhill really fast for you.

You have a couple of options.

1 start trading to get the items you need. Once you have jet locations you can fly to again, slow down your flying in order to not fall into the same pit as you keep digging your self out.

2 get a level two weather station and try to complete 6 days in a row. This will give you a shaman drum in order to clear all of your weather at all of your destinations. This will be hard due to your current over bearing weather situation.

3 a combination of 1 and 2

4 buy the 8,000 coin mystery box when duke Crocker shows up. Hope for a shaman drum.

Level 2 weather station I already have. Its just very difficult to fly to all the destinations requested simply because on most of them I don´t have the iteams. Maybe I should just wait and hope it goes away.....

Thx anyway :)

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
Level 2 weather station I already have. Its just very difficult to fly to all the destinations requested simply because on most of them I don´t have the iteams. Maybe I should just wait and hope it goes away.....

The bad weather will not go away even if you wait 1 week, 1 month, or even 1 year from now if gi doesn't make changes.

D

Deleted member 5399

What gets me about the weather thing is even though you have nano coating, massive spotlights, or ice melt, you still burn extra fuel. One would think with the added item, you would burn the regular amount of fuel.

Dan's comment about getting a trading network is the best thing you can possibly do to grow your city and airport. Yes, it's a nuisance but weather items are so easy to get with good neighbors and using the trading forum here. Some people that have second games use them solely for a trading ring of nothing. It weather items. There are a lot of things harder to get to improve...the weather should be no more than a nuisance

If you're relying on random neighbors that aren't part of this forum you're not doing yourself a favor. I guarantee if you have your neighbors here and use the forums you'll only be running short on needed items because you're flying too much..and that's a great problem to have

Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
captain ian
Since I've got a new phone I started a new game 2 days ago on Android (my other games being Windows, 2x Windows Phone and ios) to see how it affects new players.

So far it's not too bad, am nearly at level 12 which unlocks the Level One weather station and have only just hit a situation with weather causing an issue (high winds to bali). Only weird one is that Sao Paulo is blocked by the Tesla Lightening rod even though I've never flown there.

But Egypt an Cyprus weren't, and still aren't blocked by bad weather. It still screws new players once things get interesting and turboprops are required to progress but it's not as bad as I thought it might be.

Top Bottom