Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Attention, pilots on iPhone/iPad!

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
My RSKIAD restored successfully on the new app. Does this mean i can delete the older app? i always had one game. I am assuming i cannot run 2 games with the same ID on 2 apps on one device.
Cheers,
Ramy

Punmat

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Punmat
Hey All,

I have 2 games a Main Game Level 68 (IPhone) and a support level 50 (Ipad). They both use different Apple ID's. Neither of them is connected to a game centre account...I don't really know what that is. Just so I'm clear...in my case I don't have to do anything correct. I can update no problem and continue playing both games since they are on different Apple ID's?

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Hey All,

I have 2 games a Main Game Level 68 (IPhone) and a support level 50 (Ipad). They both use different Apple ID's. Neither of them is connected to a game centre account...I don't really know what that is. Just so I'm clear...in my case I don't have to do anything correct. I can update no problem and continue playing both games since they are on different Apple ID's?
Unless you have manually changed your game centre I'd it will be same as the apple ID you used to setup the unit. So as long as they use different id's you should be good to go yes (y)

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Thanks - Why do I need to log into Gamecenter? What does it do?
It's basically a cloud service that can save progress and achievements for games.

In this case it will back up AC to the cloud making it easier to restore in case of failure and also means you can play the game on different units as it will ask you to download the save from servers if you login to a new unit with your ID
Just make sure you never try to login with a different ID on a unit you have a game on already though or it might overwrite your local game if you pick the wrong option

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Bummer. I am pretty much told that I can either restore my game from my old one (which shows up as me being Level 2 with 15 cash!!!!!). No mention of my old game (Level 75, 300 cash)...

I think this may just well do it for me if GI screws it up so badly.

MelMel

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
!Rotterdam123!
Username
Rotterdam air8
Hi guys, any thoughts/experience on how to deal with below situation?

First time I opened the new app a window appeared where I chose to restore my old game. However, nothing happened... Tried to re-open the app and even restarting my ipad, but the pop-up where you can pick a version is not showing anymore and I seem to be stuck with the default level 1 game... I'll open a ticket, but if anyone has a tip on how to make that pop-up appear again, please share!

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Now, i got the "old" new version of AirPort city is available will You download it now?

Pressed update and got sent to app store. The old iPad app updated and now new levels are available, i can see other users stars etc. But no easter event.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
I still have the same ipad .... i am currently waiting out all the pressure on the servers so i can attempt the restore on my constantly crashing device.
That's pretty much what I am expecting to happen, game crashing, if I try to move to the old iPad but it doesn't look like I have much choice, I won't be doing anything until I get home though. Hopefully things will sort a a little by then!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Theo1977
Hi guys, any thoughts/experience on how to deal with below situation?

First time I opened the new app a window appeared where I chose to restore my old game. However, nothing happened... Tried to re-open the app and even restarting my ipad, but the pop-up where you can pick a version is not showing anymore and I seem to be stuck with the default level 1 game... I'll open a ticket, but if anyone has a tip on how to make that pop-up appear again, please share!
I have the same exact problem, opened up a support ticket :(

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Now, i got the "old" new version of AirPort city is available will You download it now?

Pressed update and got sent to app store. The old iPad app updated and now new levels are available, i can see other users stars etc. But no easter event.

And now the fun is over, 5 mins into playing Tech Guy Alex comes and forces me to use the new app. And now in the new app i can choose between two games at Level 1. None of my original games seem to excist.

Opened a support ticket earlier today, but i guess they have their hands full seeming that almost no one with multiple games on iOS are able to update.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Same here. Can't open my current game. Get sent to brand new app starting at Level 1. Any idea how to restore current levels and stuff?
Not so cheery,
Tom

Flayer6

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Flayer6
Username
Flayer6
I updated thru tech guy, a new app (ver 5.3.xx) d/l at level 1, asking me which ver I want. Of course I want server ver. I pick that and connection times out. I delete that app (after several attempts of what I just said). Have old app (now at v5.2.25) and its my server version but has gotten updated to include up to lvl 80 but no neighbors, no alliance, don't know if my active shuttle finished, no tech guy asking to merge and no response from GI. Annoying as always; that they do consistently!

Found this information on Facebook.

Starting from version 5.3, there'll be only one unified version of the Airport City app both for iPhone and iPad. This unification allows you to transfer your progress to any iOS device on your own or restore it if necessary. Moreover, you'll finally be able to change your game username!

What should you do to get the new version?

If you play on your iPhone, simply download the update from the AppStore and keep playing as usual.

Getting the update on your iPad is slightly more difficult, that's why we've prepared a quick how-to guide for such cases:
1. Tap Install when you get the New version is available message in the game.
2. The game will automatically redirect you to the page of the new Airport City on the AppStore. Install the new app.
3. When the new version is installed, launch the game with the help of the newly created Airport City icon.
4. You'll get a restoration window on entering the game. Download the progress from the server to get it transferred to the new app.
5. After the process is finished, you'll get 10 Airport Cash as a bonus and can freely go on with developing your Airport.
6. The icon of the old version of the app (Airport City HD) can easily be deleted, as it won't get any updates in the future. We don't recommend opening it after the process.

If you decided to delete the new app, you'll get a reminder about the new version each time you enter the old one. However, you won't get any bonus for downloading it for a second time.

Top Bottom