Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Your views sought on changes to the forum

Should Android/iOS/Windows be merged together in terms of trading?

• Yes

Votes: 54 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

Airport Arne

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
Arne /item
How many people actually use the thread still for trading? you have your standard neighbors anyway and their need is either in their name or you check their profile for their sig :)
Posting a need usually gets "overlooked" anyway. Especially in a daily thread, I would think. Does people really browse the threads to look whom they could help?! Do you really want to have to re-post your need everyday?
Usually (well, my usual way :p) I am more browsing the signatures then the posts, if I have a need. And then I write a PM anyway :rolleyes:
Also, historically, players have more neighbors of their respective OS. That is where you look first, aren't you? And if you cannot find it there, it is really too much, to go to the other OS's thread to post your need or look there for the item in a signature? if you are so desperate to find it, work for it ;)

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Nooo! Nothing wrong with good healthy discussion!

That's why we wanted peoples input, because any changes would affect them. We just want to make sure we do it right and in a way that benefits he majority of people. We know we're not going to be able to please everyone and that's unfortunate.

So they two main questions are

1) Combined Trading or seperate
2) How to display this on the forum. A trade thread, or break it up.

I'm going back to my original suggestion:
1) Combined
2) Break it up - one for just posting your signature - no chat, just a post (this can long term because signatures automatically update). Another for the daily thread for people to post and chit chat. Breaking it out differently will only make multiple posts and multiple places people have to look.

I'm good with however you want to do it - but for me, that seems like less mess.

Hi All,

I am not in favour of combining Windows Forums with Android/IOS.

The total number of posts in the complete week starting 28 Nov were >>>>

Windows 217 Android/IOS 81.
Number of pages Windows 11 Android/IOS 7 ( 1 per day)

I would not want to go to a daily thread. It is difficult to follow from one week to another in the Windows forum, daily would be very limiting. Given the time zones we all inhabit from Australia to San Francisco, frequently posts in the thread can link over many days.

Maybe a start would be to go to a weekly thread for Android/IOS and see how that pans out ?

I like to think that the Windows community has a culture all of its own. We frequently veer off-topic, many posts not actually relating to Trading but to advice, requests for help, comments on individual progress, strategy and more.

Looking at yesterday's Android/IOS thread there were only two non trading posts and I am already neighbours with both !

I have no desire to increase my neighbours list over its current 100 while we can only make 20 gifts per day. Even having 2 support accounts I sometimes struggle to keep up to date with my gifting.

I agree that finding Flyers who have gifts relating to the higher levels of the Control Tower, Terminal and Town Hall can be hard to find. however I do not think combining the threads will help much. I much prefer the idea of specific threads for these that people interested can access.

Regards
Harcourt

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Hi All,

I would not want to go to a daily thread. It is difficult to follow from one week to another in the Windows forum, daily would be very limiting. Given the time zones we all inhabit from Australia to San Francisco, frequently posts in the thread can link over many days.

Maybe a start would be to go to a weekly thread for Android/IOS and see how that pans out ?

I like to think that the Windows community has a culture all of its own. We frequently veer off-topic, many posts not actually relating to Trading but to advice, requests for help, comments on individual progress, strategy and more.

Looking at yesterday's Android/IOS thread there were only two non trading posts and I am already neighbours with both !

I have no desire to increase my neighbours list over its current 100 while we can only make 20 gifts per day. Even having 2 support accounts I sometimes struggle to keep up to date with my gifting.

I agree that finding Flyers who have gifts relating to the higher levels of the Control Tower, Terminal and Town Hall can be hard to find. however I do not think combining the threads will help much. I much prefer the idea of specific threads for these that people interested can access.

Regards
Harcourt
I fail to see the reason we can't have the same thing in a combined thread though. I welcome more discussion in the threads, and I don't mind if a combined thread would be weekly.
I just suggested daily to make it a compromise for those that want smaller threads, I'm not one of those myself even if I understand the point. :)

But you all know my view now so I'll be quiet :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me
Username
Snow: Item Needed
I am not neighbours with everyone in this forum (if I was there'd be too many for me to gift!) and so there is no point in me going to a single thread where everyone posts once and I'll have to search every page for their names to send them a gift, especially since each page of the thread is only 20 posts long. Even if we take only a quarter of the total members on this forum (3,333 total members from the front page) to account for inactive members, that would still be about 830 posts to go through, or 41.5 pages of posts. Unless the number of active members are much less, it would be faster for me to go through my "people I follow" list and click for their signatures.

Like @Airport Arne, I currently go to people's profiles to check their siggys for their needs - and already have it set up in bookmarks so I can click "open all in tabs" and Firefox will open everyone's profile pages on their signature tab :D

That being said, since the game has combined the iOS/android and Windows platforms together, I don't see why we don't just merge the respective thread categories together and let people make their own threads to chat on (eg, windows players can chat on a "the old windows thread" and do their own little trading thing like we already do), but make it so that the building specific trading threads also appear under the same forum so it is easier for everyone to check.

IN SUMMARY :ROFLMAO:
Combined trading (and also combined launches), but break it up into buildings where people post what they can send (similar to what you have been doing already for events), all under the same forum.

Last edited:
Another way around it, instead of daily thread, why not SEARCH THREAD.
1. Create a field where, in the course of signing-up, users should be able to fill in what they can gift out.
2. For old users, the signature area can be converted to gift that can be sent out.
3. Then, finally, create a SEARCH THREAD, which makes it easier when a user searches for a particular gift, gives them list of neighbors who has such gift to give out.
Thank you

I prefer to keep the threads separate. I barely have time to keep up with the Windows thread as is and won't be able to keep up with a combined thread at all. I've got more neighbors than I can gift to in spite of having 2 games.

In answer to questions posed - yes, I trade a lot via PM - it's the only way I can be sure to see someone's request. I do like the idea of combining launches and alliance threads.

Somebody already mentioned, for many of us here who send daily gifts to neighbors, we spend quite some time to search our neighbor's signature to see what they need, so we can send the right items instead of sending random gift. I would suggest to have one section on the forum to ONLY list forum member's signature, and the list itself cannot be edited, it would only show each forum member's signature. The list should be ordered by members' forum names alphabetically, and can be further divided (or with shortcuts) into pages of each letter. For example, shortcut links like "A | B | C | D | ...." can be on the top of the section, etc.

So this way we can go to this signature list section directly when we send gifts instead of doing search on forum members' names, that would save a lot of time for us, and would save a lot of server search processing. Also if we have this, people do not need to come to the trading thread to do a one or two words post JUST for having their signature show up for that day. We want to continue and encourage quality posts and let people get the habit to update their signatures, and discourage posts with one or two words so people do not have to waste time to scroll pages and pages all the time.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Regards
Harcourt
I am agree with you and exactly what i am thinking so i vote (....) ;) :D

As you may have seen, a few changes have now been made.

The Alliances and Space Launches have been combined.

All the trading forums are located in the same area as we are after all one big Windows/iOS/Android family, but each will keep their own section until it can be looked into much further.

Top Bottom