Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Your views sought on changes to the forum

Should Android/iOS/Windows be merged together in terms of trading?

• Yes

Votes: 54 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
I would like to ask if possible to add option or list for the members has achieved more than 350 stars and they have banners, like:
Page for champion put their names in a list starting from high to low 900 to 150 stars or add option by sorted.
Its good benefit that the forum have a lot of those big players and easy for the visitors to find out that page and also Incentive for others players.

I've got an idea for this, leave it with me.

One other consideration is to add a few more macros to the signatures? We all know the main things we like to list and mention. The use of spoilers (use specific titles?) , I find, is awesome. It's seems pointless having to scroll down the equivalent of four pages of text when someone has posted a one word response (a bug bear of mine in many forums, especially those with giant banners/avatars attached to members).

I love this idea, as some signatures can be quite long. Yours looks very smart, but would be quite difficult to implement as each member would have to do it individually.

A few options available which i'll see what people think:-

1) Signature only shows once per thread. After an initial post in a thread, any further posts and the signature will be hidden.
2) Signature is limited to only the trading areas of the forum

So following on from the feedback, it seems people would prefer to have Android, iOS & Windows merged.

So the next stage is to find the best possible way to do this.Instead of a daily trading thread, how about breaking it down, but in a less convoluted method then I described previously.

Airport City Trading
- Buildings
- Events
- I Have..... (People can post that Planetariums etc)

One other thought regarding signatures. Often when we (read I) am desperate for a particular item, I'll do a search for it, knowing it'll probably be in someone's signature and therefor in their posts. This method is relatively effective, but simply takes you to that persons post in each thread they've posted in. Could one of the search options be to just look for a word or string in signatures only? Then you could go straight to the hit :)

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
One other thought regarding signatures. Often when we (read I) am desperate for a particular item, I'll do a search for it, knowing it'll probably be in someone's signature and therefor in their posts. This method is relatively effective, but simply takes you to that persons post in each thread they've posted in. Could one of the search options be to just look for a word or string in signatures only? Then you could go straight to the hit :)
And if someone has there items hidden with a Spoiler , it doesn't show in the search.

Unfortunately I don't think that would be possible. The only suggestion I have, which you probably do already, is in the Trade Thread, do Ctrl+F and then search that way.

I see what you are saying about getting alot of posts in the thread for sure and I can understand why some might not like it. However I still think having to read 1 longer thread is still easier then reading 2 different threads as you would currently have to do if you want to see everyone's needs. and one of those are already long so... and making it a daily thread for all instead of a daily plus a weekly it shouldn't get too large I think.

My main point is I don't see a reason why the forum is split in different parts when there is no longer any differences in the game. We all trade and launch with each other, why make us read in 2 different places to get all info? I certainly understand it used to make sense when there was different lists and no real trading between platforms but that don't seem to be the case anymore. the Game merged the platforms and it would make sense for the forum to follow.

And if the main reason to split it is windows people talk too much and people don't like the long threads I think it would be better to make stricter rules on what can be posted in trading and then make a chit-chat thread instead for the rest. I mean ios/android part can hold down the size of the treads, Windows people can certainly learn too then? :D

Any way, I'm happy with what ever road you decide to take I'm just tossing out ideas :)

Expanding on your response, there is already an off topic we don't use that. :rolleyes:
I don't think telling the players that post 3 times the posts that you need to follow these
stricter rules is an answer or one they would like to enforce, though I could be wrong.
As far as reading multiple threads to see ones neighbors needs if that is indeed what
anyone does they would already need to read more than one thread. Not sure the 12.4/day
average contains everyones neighbors in one thread. Most use other methods to locate the
neighbors needs they are looking to find. I have neighbors from both still use the search to
look for specific needs when necessary. Same as I did before cross platform was a thing.
Though it would be nice if the check box in the search to "search this forum only" was not the default.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Expanding on your response, there is already an off topic we don't use that. :rolleyes:
I don't think telling the players that post 3 times the posts that you need to follow these
stricter rules is an answer or one they would like to enforce, though I could be wrong.
As far as reading multiple threads to see ones neighbors needs if that is indeed what
anyone does they would already need to read more than one thread. Not sure the 12.4/day
average contains everyones neighbors in one thread. Most use other methods to locate the
neighbors needs they are looking to find. I have neighbors from both still use the search to
look for specific needs when necessary. Same as I did before cross platform was a thing.
Though it would be nice if the check box in the search to "search this forum only" was not the default.
I know, I'm just saying it works in the ios/android part why can't it work in for Windows people? ;)

And yes I as many others use other ways to find all neighbors needs but a big part of the reason for that is that it's currently split up. I might be a minority but I rather read alot of posts in 1 thread then alot of posts in 2 :D

If everyone want to keep them separate by all means do that I just don't think "we are used to spamming the thread and you will not like it" is a good reason to not combine them :angelic:

I know, I'm just saying it works in the ios/android part why can't it work in for Windows people? ;)

And yes I as many others use other ways to find all neighbors needs but a big part of the reason for that is that it's currently split up. I might be a minority but I rather read alot of posts in 1 thread then alot of posts in 2 :D

If everyone want to keep them separate by all means do that I just don't think "we are used to spamming the thread and you will not like it" is a good reason to not combine them :angelic:

Well as I said you can not find every neighbor in ios/sndroids daily thread as stated there are only 12.4 avg.
Unless of course you are saying you only have 12 neighbors. I think people use other ways as it is easier irrelevant
to split threads, hence why I still use the search as I did before this was a thing. It really is not a problem for me as I
will still use the search no matter what they do. I was just pointing out what seems obvious to me and why the reasons
for merging make no difference other than enforcing rules.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Well as I said you can not find every neighbor in ios/sndroids daily thread as stated there are only 12.4 avg.
Unless of course you are saying you only have 12 neighbors. I think people use other ways as it is easier irrelevant
to split threads, hence why I still use the search as I did before this was a thing. It really is not a problem for me as I
will still use the search no matter what they do. I was just pointing out what seems obvious to me and why the reasons
for merging make no difference other than enforcing rules.
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you will find more info if everyone post in 1 thread it would just make it easier to find the people who do post as its all in 1 place :)
as I said I'm OK with either way I just don't see a reason to have them split up as the only reason to still have them split seems to be there will be too many posts, and I don't find that being a reason but that's me sorry :D

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you will find more info if everyone post in 1 thread it would just make it easier to find the people who do post as its all in 1 place :)
as I said I'm OK with either way I just don't see a reason to have them split up as the only reason to still have them split seems to be there will be too many posts, and I don't find that being a reason but that's me sorry :D

I actually understand your reasoning but do notice the only ones who posted here about merging are ios/android players.
I posted a little message in the windows thread so perhaps if they have an issue or not they will post. As I said won't make
a difference to me as I will find neighbors needs the same way I do presently. Might get some posts deleted and reprimanded
for posting off topic but I digress. :cool:

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Just to make it clear I'm not one of the people who think the trade thread needs rules on what you can post, I don't mind the format windows post uses I rather prefer more "life" in the threads myself :D
I think a good compromise would be to make a combined thread daily though instead of weekly.

:D:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Sorry @Dave i'll shut up now! :angelic:

Nooo! Nothing wrong with good healthy discussion!

That's why we wanted peoples input, because any changes would affect them. We just want to make sure we do it right and in a way that benefits he majority of people. We know we're not going to be able to please everyone and that's unfortunate.

So they two main questions are

1) Combined Trading or seperate
2) How to display this on the forum. A trade thread, or break it up.

Top Bottom