Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Your views sought on changes to the forum

Should Android/iOS/Windows be merged together in terms of trading?

• Yes

Votes: 54 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
Ironically, I've just gone to turn off most of my emails and after 5 minutes, I still can't find the place to do it.
Me too

I found them under contact details tab

Maybe the admins can turn both settings to off for everyone
And those that want emails have go back and specifically set them on to get emails.

Finlayson

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
GoHawks
Username
B.Finlayson
My suggestion would be to further sub-divide the trading threads by level. For example, I'm looking at building a Level 8 Control Tower and a Level 8 Terminal. I'd like to find other forum members who are looking to accomplish the same objective. As of now, I have to look at everyone's signature lines to find people who have the capability to help and then I have to reach out to them and hope that they are looking to create the same buildings.

Going to a forum for level 8 structures would help me find like-minded game players in a fraction of the time.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
My suggestion would be to further sub-divide the trading threads by level. For example, I'm looking at building a Level 8 Control Tower and a Level 8 Terminal. I'd like to find other forum members who are looking to accomplish the same objective. As of now, I have to look at everyone's signature lines to find people who have the capability to help and then I have to reach out to them and hope that they are looking to create the same buildings.

Going to a forum for level 8 structures would help me find like-minded game players in a fraction of the time.

That sounds like a good idea.
I too am thinking to upgrade to terminal level 8
Looking at the thread at the moment it's not easy to see who is also trying to build one.
Are the building threads going to get closed after a certain period of time?

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I was going to propose this thing exactly..............

Although I try to keep my signatures up to date I am not sure that too many people bother looking at them - the best responses I get for items are when I make a direct appeal in a forum post and with the couple of items I can add to my game name. When I am in need of something I don't have the time to read more than 100 signatures to find who has what I need and then PM them (as some people do) I am beginning to call into question the need for item lists in the signature at all or for many of the other items. If I want someones code for example I will ask them for it in a pm, at the same time alerting them to a pending request - this may contradict things I have previously said but this is what further experience and thought does

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
The reason why we close the Daily/Weekly friends is because once the day/week is over, they would have served there purpose.
No, they did not served their purpose. The purpose of a trading thread from my point of view is to get items I need and send out items other people need. Trading never ends, so thread should neither. Eg, if I ask for item for my building 4 times, it takes 4 days at best so I can reply to previous message and say "thanks mate, it's enough now". Closing only makes communication harder.
Even if we assume strict "one item - one message" rule then it still sucks due to timezones. A guy wakes up, post his needs: oops thread closed, nobody reads it. No matter what time of day you pick for closing, someone will get 23h of exposure and someone else will get only 1. It's unfair.

Otherwise you'll have people posting in threads which are weeks old and it then gets confusing. Although there is no issue with the chat that takes place in these threads, you have to remember there primary function is to act as a trading area.
No, what's confusing is to be forced to answer to a message from one thread 4 threads later. THAT'S CONFUSING!

Im thinking of a specific section with each level

Level 1 Trading
Level 2 Trading
Level 3 Trading
etc etc etc

That would make it easier for the new and seasoned players.
If you mean "level X of building Y" then it's ok.
But arbitrarily dividing into some abstract levels would only increase confusion. Using game levels is also not good, nobody knows that Tower 9 is level 42, because most people don't get there before hitting cap.

Although I try to keep my signatures up to date I am not sure that too many people bother looking at them - the best responses I get for items are when I make a direct appeal in a forum post and with the couple of items I can add to my game name.
I did read them when I was like "hmm, I'm going to send something to gbswales, I wonder what". Then I open profile of that specific person and read his sig.

When I am in need of something I don't have the time to read more than 100 signatures to find who has what I need and then PM them (as some people do)
I open the trading thread and do ctrl-F. If I'm desperate, I open all the people I follow in tabs and do ctrl-F in every tab. Takes about a minute, but I get a definitive answer if any of my friends can send it (or should I go find a new one).
If only we could see all friends signatures on one page, i.e. http://airportcitygame.com/account/following , then it would take seconds.

I am beginning to call into question the need for item lists in the signature at all or for many of the other items. If I want someones code for example I will ask them for it in a pm, at the same time alerting them to a pending request - this may contradict things I have previously said but this is what further experience and thought does
I think signatures are merely workaround, a true matchmaking system would have places to list my gifts, my needs and you'd simply get a list of matches at the end. But it would be hard to implement in forum. And there is no list of all items to begin with.

Top Bottom