Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows PC - Weekly Trading Thread - December 28th 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang - really proud of myself, and @KenDuckySmith you will be impressed. Just opened y game, and it was really slow (I think there were some windows updates going on in the background). Anyway, when it opened, it was back to just after the upgrade, all the last few days playing was lost and I had dropped down a level. Now, I have been following @KenDuckySmith instructions, and saving to a flash drive. I have been saving the two files that change everytime you close the game which are:- SaveProfile.bin and playerprefs.dat. I had last saved around 12 hours ago, after this mornings gifting, so copied those two files back, re-opened the game, and it worked - only lost 12 hours not 10 or so days. Not really sure what I was doing, jut following simple instructions, but they worked!

For those who don't do this, the instructions are:-

DAILY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState
3) In this folder there is a SaveProfile.bin file. Copy and paste it, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for OS. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder. (I also do this with playerpref.dat)
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is so easy.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is get the game to level 5 first, close the game and the LocalState folder is created along with the first SaveProfile.bin file.
2) Go to where you saved your own bin file earlier, copy it and paste it into the LocalState folder, replacing the one already there.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.

D

Deleted member 5399

Hi gang - really proud of myself, and @KenDuckySmith you will be impressed. Just opened y game, and it was really slow (I think there were some windows updates going on in the background). Anyway, when it opened, it was back to just after the upgrade, all the last few days playing was lost and I had dropped down a level. Now, I have been following @KenDuckySmith instructions, and saving to a flash drive. I have been saving the two files that change everytime you close the game which are:- SaveProfile.bin and playerprefs.dat. I had last saved around 12 hours ago, after this mornings gifting, so copied those two files back, re-opened the game, and it worked - only lost 12 hours not 10 or so days. Not really sure what I was doing, jut following simple instructions, but they worked!

For those who don't do this, the instructions are:-

DAILY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState
3) In this folder there is a SaveProfile.bin file. Copy and paste it, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for OS. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder. (I also do this with playerpref.dat)
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is so easy.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is get the game to level 5 first, close the game and the LocalState folder is created along with the first SaveProfile.bin file.
2) Go to where you saved your own bin file earlier, copy it and paste it into the LocalState folder, replacing the one already there.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.
@ItsRalphy I do the entire LocalState folder now. and back it up. just right click on the folder itself, copy and paste onto drive every day. If the game crashes it puts you back that 12 hours instead of it being longer. The more one waits to get a reply from GI, the more info can be overwritten on the servers.
Ever try to recover files you deleted two days ago?
Once they go to recycle and you empty the bin, if the drive needs that space to write something else, then the previous file is now corrupt or incomplete.
So its best to keep thumb drive nearby or inserted into USB port if you are playing off and on such as doing QL's.

Oh and BTW @ItsRalphy I guess we got a ranking in alliance for somewhere this week. lol it went by so quick in !KB2 I forgot what it was. here is pic

Attachments

• Alliance ratings.PNG
    Alliance ratings.PNG
    912.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Dear friends: Please update me with what you need. You can see my list for what I need. If you don't let me know, I will send the best guess item and won't send event items unless I know you need them and are participating in it. I'm not on the forums a lot although I do check my alerts if you tag me and I do send gifts every day. Items I need are in red and I am NOT participating in the event so please do not send event items :)

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
@ItsRalphy I do the entire LocalState folder now. and back it up. just right click on the folder itself, copy and paste onto drive every day. If the game crashes it puts you back that 12 hours instead of it being longer. The more one waits to get a reply from GI, the more info can be overwritten on the servers.
Ever try to recover files you deleted two days ago?
Once they go to recycle and you empty the bin, if the drive needs that space to write something else, then the previous file is now corrupt or incomplete.
So its best to keep thumb drive nearby or inserted into USB port if you are playing off and on such as doing QL's.

Oh and BTW @ItsRalphy I guess we got a ranking in alliance for somewhere this week. lol it went by so quick in !KB2 I forgot what it was. here is pic

I need wheel blocks and I can gift red paint

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wk5ymxb
Username
Flo
Good Morning Neighbors,

All my gifts have been sent out. I hope they come in handy. Thank you for all of your help finishing up my CT upgrade and Event activities. My L4 Hanger is done and filled with a Jet which is now flying to far reaches of the globe! I wound up with another sleigh so am building another hanger for that with all of the Christmas goodies from Cyprus. Please send me Old Lanterns or any of the Building Needs listed in my signature if you have them available. Thank you...

Doc

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wyo03x8
Username
Doc
Here ya go! I have a cottage and a side wing that will produce passengers in 68.09 yrs, anybody beat that. Not sure I'll be around then, but with advances in medicine, who knows people may live to be 120+ yrs old. Doc

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Dear Fellow Flyers

I've just finished gifting my 20 gift items for today, Tuesday 7.35am London UK time. I've also opened up a red launch for those able to keep their food down. My thanks once again for all the old lanterns, paints, oils and covers received yesterday and today thus far.

Seasons's Greetings

Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wdb49i3
Username
Diggiez
Hi all, been a little while, but the holiday season is a very busy period. Hope everything will be a bit better after New Year.

Haven't done nothing, got up a few levels and gathered some stars, but the best thing is that I'm finally able to visit my neighbours again! (Yes, it's been that long since I got here for the last time).

Cluck

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wjqz51o
Username
Cluck
Good morning. Thanks for all the gifts. Hopefully everyone is receiving mine. My game is working ok, a few minor glitches. But I am happy to report I am able to play on the world map now. It was nice to receive those little bonuses on Sunday.

I have an ice rink if anyone wants to visit it. I should have 2 by tomorrow. hopefully....

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w99l1fy
Username
Saralaraloola
Morning all, just updated my signature as had to add a few things from leveling up and with the update throwing in stuff like a Safety Cone. I have 6 sleighs flying out every hour and still need a freezer and artificial ice. So fuel would be appreciated so I can keep Santa and my big birds flying.

Comet18

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Comet18
Comet18 has a red launch open. I will update the progress in the launch thread.

Comet18 Gift Activity for Today

!WHN (@WhatHappenedNow) received sent
(@Captain WH Rollins) sent
Blue Aero(@Blue Aero) received sent
Bolleke () received sent
Cats (@cats are awesome) sent
Chuck2 (@cward) sent
davejoyg (@Davejoyg) sent
doc (@Doc) sent
flo2 (@Flo) received sent
gamerader (@david smith) sent
Harcourt (@Harcourt) sent
HS2 (@HS72) sent
JCB (@uschu) sent
Mike lvl51 (@WAMike) sent
Saralaraloola (@Saralaraloola) sent
Sky Marshall (@wkndcmpr) received sent
Sophia (@SophiaElizabeth) received sent
Ten33go2 (@Ten33go) sent
Yetti (@uyetti) received sent

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
Hello everyone, I usually don't post on the trading forums much. I have announced my second game of AC I play as a support account Gamername Okie. I have plenty of trading spaces available in my second game. Although I haven't set up the game for launches yet, but will in the future. Fill free to send me request to both of my games of AC I play, but for fast turn around on daily trading my Okie game is the best since my Turion game I run sometimes about 3 days on my trade list. Please send me a private massage since I respond to those quicker if you are interested in trading.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wk5ymxb
Username
Flo
Good evening from Thailand Neighbors,

Thank you for the gifts received so far. It has helped me cover some things I am not presently flying for. Please check out my update signature. I look forward to your gifts and giving more to you on my next cycle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom