Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What useful buildings to add ?

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
Yes, make the upgrade for the MCC3 and red launchpad your priority. 400,000 gold for the MCC3 upgrade and 200,000 gold for the launchpad but the Investment will be returned very quickly.

With lots of red launches, I managed to collect 800,000 gold in 1 1/2 week to buy the level 6 runway to be able to accept falcon guest flights. Money is flowing easily.

Great! Been working on the lesser launches for stars, but I need some $$$ lol

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
You guys are awesome. Coincidentally I was coming here to ask the same thing just a few moments ago.

Here's a question: I only have blue/green launch capabilities right now. Should I focus on upgrading for red and use those launches to increase my coins? I was saving for everything related to falcons (level 6 runway, repair center, hangar, etc.) or upgrading other buildings, like Town Hall. What would be best to do next?

4jkns7.png
Red pad and upgrade to MC3 (600k coins). I'd say that at the moment you have way too many runways (I'm still only have one and it suits me fine). I would rather invest in expansion on the city side instead airport one. Also you need to economize the city side (yes roads looks nice but are taking space. Chess club are by my opinion worthless building - slow production for not much of an income. Also instead of those 4 castles - 4 hoses wth the pool will get you same amount of passengers in 1h20 minutes (for this one is 12h). As now you are still in needs of coins - maybe few short running coin production instead of those 4h (chess club, universities). - but all this is only my opinion

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Brilliant thread with lots of good info!

Building 2 grand hotels atm as I had alot of silver tokens same as @Xilikon but will hold off on doing more after that and try for adventure maps when I'm able to get a few of those.

Have a question about passenger buildings, what ones to go for. Multi-story building looks good for the money? but figured it's best to ask first :)

Can post a couple screenshots later but most of you are on my neighbor list already (y)

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Sounds good will be building a couple of those then :)

Oh and for anyone looking at my town other then the grand hotels the other 2 being built are 2 more flight Catering. Working on getting 6 of them.

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
Red pad and upgrade to MC3 (600k coins). I'd say that at the moment you have way too many runways (I'm still only have one and it suits me fine). I would rather invest in expansion on the city side instead airport one. Also you need to economize the city side (yes roads looks nice but are taking space. Chess club are by my opinion worthless building - slow production for not much of an income. Also instead of those 4 castles - 4 hoses wth the pool will get you same amount of passengers in 1h20 minutes (for this one is 12h). As now you are still in needs of coins - maybe few short running coin production instead of those 4h (chess club, universities). - but all this is only my opinion

Thanks for the tips. I can delete some runways. They haven't been much of a problem since I don't have much else to put on the airport side ATM. I can definitely put quicker production buildings instead since I play regularly throughout the day.

I have played with a few different layouts (with minimal roads versus complete connectivity).

Unfortunately, I just walked away from my iPad to get a diaper while the game was running and one of my kids upgraded my Baggage Hall (120k coins) so I'll be building my coins back up to buy the Red Pad. A little annoyed because I was so close and sped up construction of my MC3 so that's completely done. Oh well.

Last edited:

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Yes, Multi-Story building is the best for the money (did some math and it has the best output for the price). Buy 6 of them.
Yes, price wise you're right. But they take up a lot of space. Their output per tile is lower. Important when your city grows.

Coins are easy enough to come by, so you should look at output per hour more than anything really.

If you build four Multi-Stories you could build nine (!) 2x2 buildings instead. I would opt for Modular House or the very expensive Apartment House. Steep prices, but great output/time.

Sound investment if you ask me...

Yes, price wise you're right. But they take up a lot of space. Their output per tile is lower. Important when your city grows.

Coins are easy enough to come by, so you should look at output per hour more than anything really.

If you build four Multi-Stories you could build nine (!) 2x2 buildings instead. I would opt for Modular House or the very expensive Apartment House. Steep prices, but great output/time.

Sound investment if you ask me...

Thanks for the advice. I have a lot of room right now so I don't mind but in the future, if it become cramped, I will switch buildings to make room.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
If we're talking about layouts, I can show you my city.
Fist, The Grid:
grid_normal.png

grid_symbol.png

The inside of the grid is very efficient, there probably aren't any more efficient layouts: every road serves 4 buildings. Unfortunately, it's edges are jagged therefore very inefficient. This means the larger the more efficient it is, it's not a layout for small cities.
Every house also has access to one +5% bonus (each serving 4 houses again).
grid_bonus.png
. The bonus may appear small, but it's for it as many as 40 buildings, so it adds up.

Another trick for quick top-up is clustering 6 cottages:
2minute.png
It's barely larger than 3x3 and yields 12 passengers every 2 minutes. I'm finding it very handy when I'm only few passengers short, plus the shortest possible turn-around means I get to collect from it 2-3 times every visit.

For people who are short on cash but have all the time in the world, there is The Collector:
collector_pattern.png

It's composed of 4 large bonuses and 7 small ones and gives whopping +75% for the building put in a center. But that's only one building, isn't it? The trick is to never keep a building in there. Do you see those unconnected Disturbance at the top? I just move them when they're ready to collect, and put them back immediately. As you see, The Collector is huge, it takes 8x8, exactly 4 land plots. If you want to put in some cash, 8 small bonuses with range 2 can be added, that'd be another 80%.

My bottom line is: PLAN AHEAD. You need quite a lot of free space just to move buildings around. You need to know now what you'll be putting there in the future.

Thanks for the tips. I can delete some runways. They haven't been much of a problem since I don't have much else to put on the airport side ATM. I can definitely put quicker production buildings instead since I play regularly throughout the day.

I have played with a few different layouts (with minimal roads versus complete connectivity).

Unfortunately, I just walked away from my iPad to get a diaper while the game was running and one of my kids upgraded my Baggage Hall (120k coins) so I'll be building my coins back up to buy the Red Pad. A little annoyed because I was so close and sped up construction of my MC3 so that's completely done. Oh well.

Red Launch Pad is the way to go, but you really need to prioritize coins production.

Get rid of the Chess Club and the Universities (just keep one of each). They aren't great coin producers.
Car Dealership (cost 350 coins, produce 36 coins every 20 minutes, pays itself in 4 hours) is cheap and good if you play often.

Like @Kesh said, straight roads look nice but it is not efficient, but it's your city and your call.

Do not build the Town Hall, they are too expensive and there are cheaper ways to get more population (like Grand Hotel)

If we're talking about layouts, I can show you my city.
Fist, The Grid:
View attachment 4571
View attachment 4572
The inside of the gird is very efficient, there probably aren't any more efficient layout: every road serves 4 buildings. Unfortunately, it's edges are jagged therefore very inefficient. This means the larger the more efficient it is, it's not a layout for small cities.
Every house also has access to one +5% bonus (each serving 4 houses again).
View attachment 4573. The bonus may appear small, but it's for it as many as 40 buildings, so it adds up.

Another trick for quick top-up is clustering 6 cottages:
View attachment 4574 It's barely larger than 3x3 and yields 12 passengers every 2 minutes. I'm finding it very handy when I'm only few passengers short, plus the shortest possible turn-around means I get to collect from it 2-3 times every visit.

For people who are short on cash but have all the time in the world, there is The Collector:
View attachment 4575
It's composed of 4 large bonuses and 7 small ones and gives whopping +75% for the building put in a center. But that's only one building, isn't it? The trick is to never keep a building in there. Do you see those unconnected Disturbance at the top? I just move them when they're ready to collect, and put them back immediately. As you see, The Collector is huge, it takes 8x8, exactly 4 land plots. If you want to put in some cash, 8 small bonuses with range 2 can be added, that'd be another 80%.

My bottom line is: PLAN AHEAD. You need quite a lot of free space just to move buildings around. You need to know now what you'll be putting there in the future.

Interesting layout.
I will have a look at it in detail.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Just making sure, The same museum as for the current event, and the one called round house under passengers?

you are correct. It is usually wise to keep at least one building of each type either in our city or stored away so that you can recall them and use them when necessary in a quest. The same applies to airplanes once you have enough spaces in the reserve hanger.
You can use that plane to get ahead until you rearrange your fleet.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
you are correct. It is usually wise to keep at least one building of each type either in our city or stored away so that you can recall them and use them when necessary in a quest. The same applies to airplanes once you have enough spaces in the reserve hanger.
You can use that plane to get ahead until you rearrange your fleet.
I disagree. Store buildings can be always bought again. It's even more extreme for Reserve Hangar, as slots cost greens, space in the hangar is worth more than even most expensive plane.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I disagree. Store buildings can be always bought again. It's even more extreme for Reserve Hangar, as slots cost greens, space in the hangar is worth more than even most expensive plane.

It depends on how you play your game.

general mix means you may get less coins or passengers but you are ready for any quest and do not have a specific strategy.

Specific means that you are maximizing your coins or items drops as your strategy but then you will need to build/destroy some building for any quest.

It is how you choose to play the game that is more important then what buildings you have strategy employed.
i am in it for the fun and willing to take my time.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that is the kind of things that arrive sometime :LOL:

CharisseNicole

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03q57kfpi
Username
CharisseNicole
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that is the kind of things that arrive sometime :LOL:

I have 2 boys, ages 1 and 2, and they have bought sooooo much stuff. Extra space in the repair building (as if I EVER needed more than 1), they tapped on trees during Age of Ash and bought chainsaws, etc. They don't love me like they say they love me. :bawling:

-------------
@Bali Hi @Kesh I took your advice and got rid of most roads. Now I have so much more space. I also stored all House of Doubts & Chess Clubs. I'm too poor to store the rest of the Universities, but will work on those as I acquire more coins. I also sold 2 of my runways to free up some electricity.

Here's how I'm looking now. Will add more buildings as I can afford to store/bring out of storage.

2lx6l9z.png

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
It depends on how you play your game.

general mix means you may get less coins or passengers but you are ready for any quest and do not have a specific strategy.

Specific means that you are maximizing your coins or items drops as your strategy but then you will need to build/destroy some building for any quest.
I'm not saying anything about mixing or specializing, I merely say that it's cheaper to sell planes than to buy Reserve slots for them

It is how you choose to play the game that is more important then what buildings you have strategy employed.
i am in it for the fun and willing to take my time.
: ) That is definitely true, what works for one won't work for another and vice versa.

Top Bottom