Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Kitchen and Drinks Cabinet

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
as for aussie christmas lunch

at my house the meat is served cold, unless the weather is cold
with lots of salads and cold meats

hot food is just usual green etc, with nice gravy and the meat warmed up etc

and umm beer, lots of it, some of it

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
i think we just won the ashes back, i think the last 8 series have been won by the home team, so england hold them for 18 months and australia hold them for 30 months
How can a side go from being good to be pathetic, anywho back on the thread had a great Sunday lunch with the wife at a thatched country pub. Wife had the full Sunday roast beef with all the trimmings and I had a 10oz sirloin with peppercorn sauce. Both of us then had Bakewell tart with custard flavoured ice cream (strange but actually quite nice)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
How can a side go from being good to be pathetic, anywho back on the thread had a great Sunday lunch with the wife at a thatched country pub. Wife had the full Sunday roast beef with all the trimmings and I had a 10oz sirloin with peppercorn sauce. Both of us then had Bakewell tart with custard flavoured ice cream (strange but actually quite nice)

Very nice indeed, the 10oz sirloin with peppercorn sauce, has always been a favourite with the family, as well as roast beef with all the trimmings (but not together of course). Will drop into the local butchers and get some for this weekend's Sunday lunch - thanks for the idea.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
Very nice indeed, the 10oz sirloin with peppercorn sauce, has always been a favourite with the family, as well as roast beef with all the trimmings (but not together of course). Will drop into the local butchers and get some for this weekend's Sunday lunch - thanks for the idea.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
thats it, im taking the wife out for meal at our new local (just moved house) tomorrow night

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Pub lunch for today - a simple meal of bubble and squeak, pickled radish and cucumber salad with a toasted sesame oil dressing, and a pot of English tea.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Pub lunch for today - a simple meal of bubble and squeak, pickled radish and cucumber salad with a toasted sesame oil dressing, and a pot of English tea.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
we had home made bubble and squeak yesterday with veg from an early christmas diner on sunday - fantastic!

What is Bubble and Squeak? Never heard of it

One thing I told my wife I’m doing in London is going to a few of the breweries in Bermondsey. I may try to get to the Fullers Brewery and your as well.

@AshPort is spot on - we had Christmas Dinner on Sunday as we are all spread out for the actual day, So our bubble & squeal was mashed and roast potatoes, carrot & swedes, sprouts all mashed and cooked together, and we had with cold turkey and cold left over stuffing. Goes even better with a good dollop of HP sauce (the best brown sauce). yum yum.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
What is Bubble and Squeak? Never heard of it

One thing I told my wife I’m doing in London is going to a few of the breweries in Bermondsey. I may try to get to the Fullers Brewery and your as well.

Bubble and Squeak is a traditional English dish made with leftover vegetables from a roast dinner. The main ingredients are potato and cabbage, but carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts, or any other leftover vegetables can be added - sometimes with a fried egg on top. In Ireland it is called Colcannon and in Scotland (the Borders) Rumbledethumps.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
Bubble and Squeak is a traditional English dish made with leftover vegetables from a roast dinner. The main ingredients are potato and cabbage, but carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts, or any other leftover vegetables can be added - sometimes with a fried egg on top. In Ireland it is called Colcannon and in Scotland (the Borders) Rumbledethumps.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
very popular with the kids when they were little babies, to 3-4 years old, then we shaped them as they got older

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Pub lunch for today - a bowl of hot spicy chicken and mushroom soup, toasted ciabatta bread with garlic and mozzarella cheese toping - a pleasant afternoon, not quite as cold today compare with yesterday.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

I’m not a big fan of a lot of veggies but for whatever reason I really like them when paired with a roast. That sounds pretty good.

I’m chuckling a little about the weather comment. I think the high will be about -3 C today and the low on Christmas Day will be about -25 C. I saw it’s about 10 in England and I’d consider shorts with those temps, even with how damp it can get there

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
I’m not a big fan of a lot of veggies but for whatever reason I really like them when paired with a roast. That sounds pretty good.

I’m chuckling a little about the weather comment. I think the high will be about -3 C today and the low on Christmas Day will be about -25 C. I saw it’s about 10 in England and I’d consider shorts with those temps, even with how damp it can get there
You’ll shiver to the core if ya wear shorts when you visit :) don’t underestimate the damp. I hardly ever shiver in Winnipeg at -30odd but plus 5 in the uk i am wrapped up.
Anywho lunch was corned beef and Branson on a brioche roll, and a peicec of the wife’s birthday cake. It may just last til Christmas then can start on the Christmas cake :)

Top Bottom