Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hijackers?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
Shinobi273
Just wanted to know why? The 3rd player was Bulldog and he joined me as first. So we were both with about 1800points, then you have joined. It was only 1,5 hour after start so still over 22h to go!!

Your rules: "my personal rule is that 1st needs to have at least half the points needed to be safe" - so you have decided to share your rule with me and tell me I wasn't safe?
Am I wrong? Sorry but I don't buy it.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
azqldw2
Username
.Shinobi273
Shinobi273
Just wanted to know why? The 3rd player was Bulldog and he joined me as first. So we were both with about 1800points, then you have joined. It was only 1,5 hour after start so still over 22h to go!!

Your rules: "my personal rule is that 1st needs to have at least half the points needed to be safe" - so you have decided to share your rule with me and tell me I wasn't safe?
Am I wrong? Sorry but I don't buy it.

Sorry you feel that way. I understand if you no longer want to be friends. I just thought I would explain myself. If you had 1500 I would not have taken first from you. I would suggest as many here do, don't abandon your launch with less than 180 + your current points = remaining points required. My offer to help you take first on your next launch still stands. If you put your 1200+ up again and I put up 700+, you should be guranteed first assuming the launch is sucessful.

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
Sorry you feel that way. I understand if you no longer want to be friends. I just thought I would explain myself. If you had 1500 I would not have taken first from you. I would suggest as many here do, don't abandon your launch with less than 180 + your current points = remaining points required. My offer to help you take first on your next launch still stands. If you put your 1200+ up again and I put up 700+, you should be guranteed first assuming the launch is sucessful.

In the past you did something comparable to me. You put in about 200-300 points to much(more than 3000 needed) to get first place on my launch.
You said something like: you didn't take a silver chest only for 500 points... Ok you helped me because I fell asleep while the timer was almost over but imo you have to help eachother on the forum. In that particular case I was in a high need of items from 1st places and didn't had a lot of fuel to get it.

You could simply put in the remaining -100 points to complete and said: hey, I helped you out, maybe you can do the same to me on the next launch.

About your rules. My rules are that in my launch my rules count, and usually my neigbhours take care of eachother when necessary. Like Lukasz said: it is his launch so he can do whatever he want. If I put in 1500-2000 points with my two accounts, that is my choice. If you want your own rules, thats ok. But start your own.

Maybe I sound a bit irritated but I don't get why people don't help eachother instead of hijacking. On my main account I rarely accept neighbours because of actions like this.

In the end everyone want special items as soon as possible but my good contact with my neighbours is much more worth than a stupid item I can get. Sometimes things go wrong, well shit happens. Then you help that one next time.

Thanks for being such good listners to my heartbreaking story...:bag:

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2

Shinobi273, What is your 'rule' when you start your own launch. I have joined several to see only a few points in and this was after 8 hours or so..... Some even failed because no points were put in. Yes, first place has to put in points so people have trust in a good finish, but do not have to put in half...... (that is why I didn't put in points) Because of the few points you put in a started launch, I have decided a few month back to stop joining your launches as I do not trust your launches. Now I read you hijack launches because it is your rule..... If you ever hijack me like that, I will delete you as a neighbor as I don't put in half the points at start but do take care it launches.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
azqldw2
Username
.Shinobi273
Okay my bad, it seems like common etiquette is against me. S8S, that was a one time thing. I suppose I could have tried to contact you after the fact to try get you to help me get a cheap first place. I guess I don't really trust other people to help me out when it isn't in their common interest. I'm glad you are upfront about the fact that you would have failed if I hadn't intervened. Is 1000 points to Lukasz next launch reparation enough?

For my other rules:
-I never abandon a launch. Even if it doesn't look like it will succeed I'll keep putting up points on the non-items. (flip, I'm not sure what you are talking about, I have only failed maybe 3-4 launches ever due to only a few hours when I join and no one has put any kind of points on.) I believe you have saved a couple of my launches when I fell asleep and only needed 100-200, so thanks for that. As for multi-accounts, I would recognize your accounts working together and treat them as one person. I usually just take launches slow so that might explain low scores hours in. I usually wait till 12 hours or less remaining to start pumping items. If someone takes first on my launch, I'm fine as long as they put in half the required points.
-I would steal silver chests for less than a PEB. I'm not sure about this one, I feel like there is a lot of competition when there is a clear 1st place and 3 people vying for silver. Most of the time it is strangers also so who knows what they are going to do. I try to get a solid 2nd so I don't have to worry at all.
-As for the first place, since putting more than half is too tall an order, just never exceed the launch limit? If someone is near 1/3 just let them have it? Is the initiating player entitled to first place?

Lukasz s8s flip123 I would appreciate responses.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
You can better ask someone who does more launches as I only launch sometimes (and sometimes forget I joined a launch) but common rules are I think:
1. normally the initiator has first place unless he/she says on the forum you can overtake him/her.
2. check the forum for the launch, people put their launches on it, which position they want, quick or slow, how many are in etc etc...
3. between forum members (at least some groups) the position you enter is the position you take unless... put on the forum you can overtake, but this rule is more flexible. (I also break this rule sometimes when I join just before I go to bed)

I personally try to start with 1/3 or a little more to show I am serious with the launch (Jpjpjp999 I put in more because off the non forum neighbors I have) Than add slow stuff so people can join.....

1) If you want 1st place, start you own launch.
2) Don't do your own launch if you don't have enough fuel, arrange a joint launch with forum members instead.
3) If you are too lazy to start your own launch (like me ;)) join a fellow forum member's launch.
4) Do not hijack a launch unless the launcher is unable to do it himself and request assistance.

You should treat people who join your launches as friends who willingly contribute points (however little) to help you get the Gold. But friends should not eat your lunch (even if they are hungry) without your permission.

Good friends will always help each other out and you will never be lonely in space.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
Shinobi273
your excuses :LOL: Everything what you have written :D but... you have joined and hijacked that launch beetween 23h and 22h30m to go so there was plenty of time for another members or for me to put something more. As you usually makes slow mo launches but if they are not yours... well done mate, well done.

eot

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
azqldw2
Username
.Shinobi273
Lukasz are we good now? I defended your launch from Kev for over 20 min. He couldn't steal it without me being able to just steal it back. 2000/3000 point on the launch with me at 588 and him at 568.

Feel free to hijack me anytime Lukasz.

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
You can better ask someone who does more launches as I only launch sometimes (and sometimes forget I joined a launch) but common rules are I think:
1. normally the initiator has first place unless he/she says on the forum you can overtake him/her.
2. check the forum for the launch, people put their launches on it, which position they want, quick or slow, how many are in etc etc...
3. between forum members (at least some groups) the position you enter is the position you take unless... put on the forum you can overtake, but this rule is more flexible. (I also break this rule sometimes when I join just before I go to bed)

I personally try to start with 1/3 or a little more to show I am serious with the launch (Jpjpjp999 I put in more because off the non forum neighbors I have) Than add slow stuff so people can join.....
2) Don't do your own launch if you don't have enough fuel, arrange a joint launch with forum members instead.
3) If you are too lazy to start your own launch (like me ;)) join a fellow forum member's launch.
4) Do not hijack a launch unless the launcher is unable to do it himself and request assistance.

You should treat people who join your launches as friends who willingly contribute points (however little) to help you get the Gold. But friends should not eat your lunch (even if they are hungry) without your permission.

Good friends will always help each other out and you will never be lonely in space.

Shinobi273

I agree on Lukasz and Bali Hi. However I try to launch with 5 people because then you have maximum rewards against minimal resources(everyone that joins in addition means less fuel for others). But if someone in the launchteam can't wait because of some reason. Be my guest and add more.

But you can turn things back anymore, so lets help eachother in the future(y)

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22

Could not have said it better myself! Bill

javi

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Javi+ items needed
The way the math works out, if you add half the points required for the launch plus half of the points for a PEB, the offending neighbor can not get close enough to use a PEB and complete the launch. For instance, for a green rocket that requires 1600 points to complete:

1600/2 + 360/2 = 980

the offending neighbor would have to get within 360 points of your total to pull even with you with a PEB, so:

980 - 360 = 620

the sum of the points invested to the launch at this time to complete the launch would be:

980 + 620 = 1600 --->Launch complete! The neighbor can't get close enough to you to use the PEB without first completing the launch.

Applying the same logic to the remainder of the launch types:

Blue: 2000/2 + 360/2 = 1180
Red: 3000/2 + 360/2 = 1680

This being said, I usually start off a launch with 2 points or more than these values, just to be sure. I have had a guy who joined my launch within the opening minute and added enough PEB's to complete the launch before I could get to these values. The only other drawback to this is that I get a lot of players that just add 56 or so at the beginning and don't add any more, knowing that since I have more than half of the points invested, I am more than likely to finish it on my own regardless of their participation, so it is almost a free ride. Usually I do get a good samaritan that will ad a few hundred points initially and add more throughout the lauch.

Hope this helps.

I would like to complete your post in case of multiples players (I hope my maths are correct:D)
If you want to be first and trusting the others players on board. The first place should put more than:

(Tlaunch - Tcontributions) /2 +180

Ex. for a blue launch (Tlaunch=2000): if 2nd and 3rd put each 300, the Tcontribution=600. Thus the 1 player should put more than (2000-600)/2 +180= 880.
The first place will be protected from a 4th player but not against the 2 already in launch.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rwaybi
Username
Bulldog
Lukasz , I apologize that I came in above you on our launch today and I hope you don't think I hijacked it .I was just trying to put in 500 points for a silver chest and the other guy jumped in. once again I apologize and I hope that there is no hard feelings because we work together well and I want to be welcomed on future launches. Have a great day

Your friend,
The Bulldog.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a541hyo
Username
lukehome
Lukasz , I apologize that I came in above you on our launch today and I hope you don't think I hijacked it .I was just trying to put in 500 points for a silver chest and the other guy jumped in. once again I apologize and I hope that there is no hard feelings because we work together well and I want to be welcomed on future launches. Have a great day

Your friend,
The Bulldog.

Hi Bulldog,

you don't have to apologize. There is no problem. I will continue with launches, so see you soon my friend!

Lukasz

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
McAwesome
Username
McAwesome
So for the noob here. Does the launch happen automatically when you reach the 1600/2000/3000 mark?

Then doing a timed launch could help against hijacking by reaching the mark faster and less chance of someone not 'invited' seeing it and taking 1st.

Top Bottom