Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Displaying the runway a guest plane needs

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Sometimes, the biggest runway is blocked by another plane and so it is useless to click on the green radar to accept a plane that would need that blocked runway. To avoid clicking in vain, the green radar could display the runway(s) of the waiting guest plane(s) like the blue radar displays the time until the next arrival of a plane. It could possibly even allow to accept the second before accepting the first since the second might be able to land on a smaller runway.

So instead of this:
guestplanesrunway.jpg
it could look like this:
guestplanesrunwayshown.jpg
to give the additional information.
As another bonus, it could be allowed to click on the left or the right half of the radar to select which of the two to allow.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Sometimes, the biggest runway is blocked by another plane and so it is useless to click on the green radar to accept a plane that would need that blocked runway. To avoid clicking in vain, the green radar could display the runway(s) of the waiting guest plane(s) like the blue radar displays the time until the next arrival of a plane. It could possibly even allow to accept the second before accepting the first since the second might be able to land on a smaller runway.

So instead of this: View attachment 7104 it could look like this: View attachment 7106 to give the additional information.
As another bonus, it could be allowed to click on the left or the right half of the radar to select which of the two to allow.
Imagine clicking 4 or 5 on 4.5 inch phone. Not sure the feature would be introduced.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Imagine clicking 4 or 5 on 4.5 inch phone. Not sure the feature would be introduced.

That's why I said that would be an added bonus. But the type of the runway should be readable on any device since it would be the same size as the time until the next arrival. It would not cost huge resources to display this information and some might find it useful even without the option to select the other. If it's too small to offer this choice right on the radar, it could still be offered in the dialogue that pops up then. Like "guest plane for 5 and guest plane for 4" and you could click accept on either of both.
But simply knowing "two planes for runway 5" while 5 is busy would save us the click or the tap until the runway is free again.

So instead of this: View attachment 7104 it could look like this: View attachment 7106 to give the additional information.
Remember, a huge number of players don't click, they tap - often with fat, clumsy fingers!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
When you enough play,you can biy huge lands and some coins in the pocket, you can buy 5 or more runways.....
You need more than 1 or 2 runways, for better drop rate (not proven but I feel it).

I will get there, it's just my fourth week now and I'm quite content with what I achieved so far.
I have four runways actually, I kept the first one on purpose because it is so tiny and there are enough small guest planes coming. In addition to that, I now have 3, 4 and 5 and once I earned enough to buy 6, I'll delete 3.
What I meant with my post was that it is pointless to click or tap on the green radar if you know that the one runway that is big enough for whatever is coming next is not available right then, so better wait and then click. It's good that the problem will pass later but for the new and intermediate players this would be a good addition and I doubt that it would cost much, neither in performance nor in coding.

Device
  1. Android
I will get there, it's just my fourth week now and I'm quite content with what I achieved so far.
I have four runways actually, I kept the first one on purpose because it is so tiny and there are enough small guest planes coming. In addition to that, I now have 3, 4 and 5 and once I earned enough to buy 6, I'll delete 3.
What I meant with my post was that it is pointless to click or tap on the green radar if you know that the one runway that is big enough for whatever is coming next is not available right then, so better wait and then click. It's good that the problem will pass later but for the new and intermediate players this would be a good addition and I doubt that it would cost much, neither in performance nor in coding.
You will have problem buying runways too.
Cost too expensive.
I think start from level 5 or 6.
And soon you cant land most of your guest planes.

Forget building the biggest runways you can, build the red launch platform then do adventure flights. I did not build a level 7 runway until very recently and I still have not yet bought the condor plane

You say you have been playing 4 weeks, I would suggest you are trying to level up to fast. AC is a progressive game, no matter what you try it takes time. As you progress the larger aircraft you buy will just eat up all your resources, you are going to need a lot if fuelmand passengers, if you get the red launch platform it will help you get money and fuel. If you start adventures they will give you collections items.

If you see a landing plane and you don't need it because you don't have the runway there will be ones behind it that you do need, if you wait and leave it because you have not got that runway then you will miss the ones behind it that you do need and could use.

The gameplay at the beginning does seem slow and everyone has the urge to do things as fast as they can.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I'm not sure if the problem is that your runways are occupied or that the guest planes are to big for any of your runways.

It is about them being occupied. Ever since I had to reject planes that needed a runway 4, I made it a priority to have the fitting runway when I level up. So I'm saving already for runway 6 at level 51 now that I'm still level 44. I know that others would wait longer with it but I like it this way.
Having runways 1, 4, 5 and 6 instead of 1, 3, 4 and 5 will also allow me to accept two guest planes of level 5 at the same time which I currently cannot, so I don't just benefit from being able to accept planes that request runway 6 explictly.
The problem with clicking on the green radar when the runway is still busy is that you either need to click on "accept" to then click again on "ok" when it tells you the runway is still busy and I just don't like to keep clicking in vain. An alternative solution would be to say "accept as soon as the runway is clear" so that I don't need to go through the whole thing again. I think the display of the needed runway would be the easiest solution since it would not change the game play and you could not accept a plane while the runway is still busy but you could avoid those frustrating clicks that only need to be repeated a couple of seconds later to get what I wanted in the first place. Basically, it is about spending as little time on the game as possible while still progressing as fast as possible. "Don't make me click in vain." is something that surely helps there. ;)

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I would suggest you are trying to level up to fast.

No, I don't. I wish I could get the money and drop the points I get but I don't see an option for that. :)
I still use four jets, two deltas and one powerful delta to not lack passengers or fuel and keep them all in the air all the time.
Red pad is next on my list and I'll see how things move on from there.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
For those wondering why a runway would be blocked, here is a screenshot of right now.
As you can see, I had two deltas taking off and soon, the powerful delta will come in followed by a jet and so on. There are situations where even more passengers are needed in a short time and therefore, I like to fill the terminal to the brim. Therefore, I filled it from houses until I got to one below the limit and now I'm waiting for the smart house to "produce" the next passengers. In the meantime, I got a small plane on runway 1 that brings me two passengers and a big one that brings me 8 is waiting on runway 5 while the radar shows the next coming in. I want to keep both planes sitting there until I collected the passengers from the smart house, and only then add those as a bonus.
If I now knew that the incoming plane needs a runway 5 (as it actually did), I could simply ignore it until I got all done that I have planned to do. This way, I first need to click to find out and then I need to click again later after completing this.

PS: I use the same "trick", letting four planes with fuel sit on their runways to have four more fuel waiting there for me in the morning.

waiting for smart house.jpg

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Why does anyone need more than 1 runway???

I've been playing with only 1 runway this entire time. Aren't extra runways a waste of expensive land?

Not in my view. Some even suggest that drop rates might be better with more than one runway but I don't know if that is true. To me, it is simply convenient to let guest planes come in while own planes take off since I save time spent on waiting until they all do it one after another. Since I accept many planes, that actually saves me a lot of time and I mean real time I spend on the game and that I can use otherwise, not virtual time in the game.

Top Bottom