Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Aren't we (ios & android) due for Santa's Bad Day Quest?????

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
I autocompleted, got an ice hotel. Woo. Is there anything I can do? Oh, and I'm hit by the population bug. 2058/1140

No, there is nothing you can do but it is not a population bug but changes made to the game.

Only way to resolve your over population is to delete a mixture of residential and commercial buildings but be careful some of the residential buildings once gone can not be bought again. ie brazilian cottage and villas.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
jgottlieb

It is not one particular building effected almost all commercial builsings have population the worst ones are the water park, drive in theathre and car dealership, on the residential side it is the larger apartment buildings.

The best way to find out the population of the commercial buildings is to go into the toolbar - into the commercial building section and highlight the building, it will tell what population it uses.

The mix deleting is the best so that you don't lose too many passengers or coins. there are a couple of threads discussing this issue.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
pwcmvj
Username
pwcmvj
I found that Tom Greensmith's work-around did it for me. I deleted two commercial buildings and immediately built the reward building. It worked. My total population is still well over the limit and I gained the paltry extra 20 passengers as a result - but every little helps.

I found that Tom Greensmith's work-around did it for me. I deleted two commercial buildings and immediately built the reward building. It worked. My total population is still well over the limit and I gained the paltry extra 20 passengers as a result - but every little helps.

Yes, this workaround works if your population is at the borderline.
It is not very useful for those who have to delete 1/2 of the city.

Still not there, will cost me 8 greenies to complete the quest. Is it worth?

Unlike last year's Xmas quest which gives Xmas Tree that gives a rare item every 24 hours, this year's Xmas quest only gives an Ice Hotel that only produces coins.
The Ice Hotel doesn't give extra population/ passengers either and requires 2x2 land to build.

If you have a shortage of land or population, it is probably not worth it?

InCoNvEnIeNtE
Thanks for the info. As I am 1 refrigerator short of finishing the skating rink, I guess I am also 2 refrigerators short of building an igloo :(

For me, getting the items from the gift destinations was the tough bit .... I managed to get 1 x Igloo, 1 x Ice Sculpture Park, 2 x Ice Castle, 3 x Skating Rink but can't build any of them because I don't have Nitrogen or Refrigerator due mainly to a lack of Star Dust.
Having said that I only started just after Christmas after my tablet died taking my previous game with it. Still a few more hours to go so who knows what might happen.

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Unlike last year's Xmas quest which gives Xmas Tree that gives a rare item every 24 hours, this year's Xmas quest only gives an Ice Hotel that only produces coins.
The Ice Hotel doesn't give extra population/ passengers either and requires 2x2 land to build.

The Ice Hotel adds 20 to your population. See the image of Pakman on page 1 of this thread!

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2

Bali Hi, the Ice hotel does give +20 population

Last few quests didn't.... We could choose when to finish after completing all sub-elements.
I seem to recall that was also the situation last year with the quests prior to Santa bad day - i.e. We could choose when we completed them. I assumed last year that would also be the case but when the Santa quest became live but it autocompleted :(
I'm not taking any chances this year - after all this is GI we're talking about!

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Last year it started the 20th..... The year before the 15th.... When will it be this year......

As it is the first time for Jpjpjp999 I am waiting for it.... Have to build everything so is a real quest :)

I think I also recall that last year it eneded abruptly with many not able to complete
I have loads of bulidings that i didnt use because i was short of space and couldnt get the collection items

I have never complted this on any game, so this will be a challenge X3

Top Bottom