Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Are helicopters profitable?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03erdmzb
Username
Sandown Air
Well I ran Sky Captain for 24 Hours and flying 4 Helicopters as often as I could

A normal day I yield around 40,000 coins

But with Sky Captain I gained 215,989 coins

Thank you Sky Captain :)

Is it with the flight items required or after excluding the production cost?
Well, I haven't done exact calculations for my heli flights, but:
difference in income with / without SC is 175,989 coins. With my 6 Resource Bases, upgraded to lvl3 and without last two slots (didn't pay greens for that yet) I can produce (if I don't go away from the computer for a second) for 7:10 minutes 24x each of four resources for 1,728. It means I can do 102 cycles for 176,256 coins theoretically for 11:00 hours and it will mean 2,448 pcs. produced from each resource. If you fly Crossbill flights (type2 Heli) and you need Mech Plant items, you can produce 816x from all 6 Mechanical Plant items. My estimation is that with such resources you are able to do 250-300+ Crossbill flights.

I doubt any live person is able to come even closer to that production numbers so for me is obvious that there is an essential increase in the net income (less all coins needed for production of items).

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
In my experience, no. You have to spend gold just to get the supplies you need to make a flight. As i said already, I've removed all traces of helicopters from my city if possible and have no plans to bring them back. If I can't make profit then whats the point in having them?
What are your thoughts on this?
I don't really care about the profit. Coins are easy to come by in the game. As long as the coins keep going up overall... (y)

Flying the helicopters is like playing AC in the early stages of the game all over again.
I don't like the hassle you have to go through to get and keep them in the air. It's too hands-on and time consuming. I definitely don't like the prerequisites for flights and construction. :wtf: Yet another greens scam if you ask me...
I do like the idea, the new buildings and the animation of the helicopters. I do like the benefits of more stars and more 1x1 pax bonus buildings. Those things make it worth it... :joyful:
But I take it slow, one building at a time and flying those helicopters when I feel like flying helicopters...

matto

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20kcmgbxw
Username
matto
Is it with the flight items required or after excluding the production cost?
Just checked the cost of my recent Niagara Falls flight. Adding the production costs to the fuel cost and taking away the coins awarded - I make a LOSS of 120 coins. And as you move up the difficulty levels the costs just increase. Time to stop me thinks?:banghead:

Device
  1. Android
Username
laurelossman
I can’t say that I’m particularly enjoying this part of the game. I’ve finished with the first 2 helo types and moved onto Goldfinches. It’s a massive step up. I’m refusing to maintain the pace anymore, though. I’ve sold off all of the first 2 types and sold their pads. I’m only running 2 helos now, usually one at a time. I’m over the tapping frenzy :wacky:.

View attachment 11209
It is a fun little diversion, it also helped me get over the 500 star goal. I don't spend a lot of time with them now though.

How did you discard your helicopter I would like to sell one so I can upgrade I have 3 of the same kind. Thank you.
Go to warehouse (brown box at the bottom of your screen) then tap on helicopters (at the top of the pop up box) once there all helicopters that are enroute will be marked "in flight" and those that are on the ground will be marked "sell". The you sell...

Top Bottom