Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Are helicopters profitable?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I've barely invested into helicopters. I would only use them if there is a building I want to get. Seeing that there aren't any, my helicopter upgrading efforts have ceased months ago. I'm waiting for the offers to fit better into my city plans. I would never use helicopters to gain profits....only to obtain certain buildings with nice bonuses

It is a fun little diversion, it also helped me get over the 500 star goal. I don't spend a lot of time with them now though.
Me neither help me to get over the 500 star.
But i like Heli and spend time flying and saving items i am sure there is more destinations and start from now saving flight items.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Like many things in this AirportCity game - helicopters need to be understood and taken advantage of. In terms of profit - I get 191 coins for each completed Crossbill flight - as opposed to 149 coins from each Delta flight. Now it may cost over 100 coins to get each Crossbill flight in the air, yet each flight also takes just 20 minutes, compared to a Delta flight taking over 4 hours. Helicopters are for when you have an hour spare to sit at the game and work them. You need to find out what materials are needed next and keep producing them. Thats a completely different game to my Delta - I may launch it at breakfast, do a mornings work, then accept the landing during my lunch break and send it off again. Different aspect to the game.

Remember that helicopters may also be a chance to obtain flight items without sacrificing planes. I am currently flying crossbills to Angel Falls. Apart from items for the Conquering heights collection, you may also have spare propeller, navigation module, gyroscope, and altimeter drop - very seldom it's true, but a Dice bonus can be worked very effectively for 6 hours on helicopter flights that only last 20 minutes. Look carefully at the helicopter flight menus and see what flight items could be dropped - they are different for every flight. A sparrow flight to Banff, for example, may give you flight catering, oscillating beacon, passenger seat, and landing gear.

Those of you (and me) that keep playing because we like the challenges that the aircraft game gives, need to recognise that the helicopters are not the same. They may not be to everyones liking. But they are different. Spend a couple of hours looking at them, testing them, and maybe you end up with a squadron of crossbills keeping your Jumbos in the air.

In my experience, no. You have to spend gold just to get the supplies you need to make a flight. As i said already, I've removed all traces of helicopters from my city if possible and have no plans to bring them back. If I can't make profit then whats the point in having them?
What are your thoughts on this?
Well, to fly helicopters you really need airport side land expansion. You should pay for it with greenies, but at least you can't fill the airport side like you could utilize the city side so there is a free potential.
After building all necessary buildings you do NOT need any gold to fly helicopters. You obtain some easy stars (48 at the moment) and like andy said, you could get some items (flight and repair) to fly your planes. Especially interesting are Gyroscope / Altimeter as you can't get them from flying planes - until now the only option was to receive them as a gift.
On top of it the money you get from heli flights is relatively good, so once again - if you get enough land on your airport side, go and start flying them ;)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Getting some of the items is a bit much though....just for one flight. I think I will focus on building the items first. If it's anything like how long it takes to fly planes to complete collections, I'm going to need to build my stock for many months.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, to fly helicopters you really need airport side land expansion. You should pay for it with greenies, but at least you can't fill the airport side like you could utilize the city side so there is a free potential.
After building all necessary buildings you do NOT need any gold to fly helicopters. You obtain some easy stars (48 at the moment) and like andy said, you could get some items (flight and repair) to fly your planes. Especially interesting are Gyroscope / Altimeter as you can't get them from flying planes - until now the only option was to receive them as a gift.
On top of it the money you get from heli flights is relatively good, so once again - if you get enough land on your airport side, go and start flying them ;)
Wait...why dont you need gold to fly helicopters? You always need to purchase the basic ingredients, no?

I can’t say that I’m particularly enjoying this part of the game. I’ve finished with the first 2 helo types and moved onto Goldfinches. It’s a massive step up. I’m refusing to maintain the pace anymore, though. I’ve sold off all of the first 2 types and sold their pads. I’m only running 2 helos now, usually one at a time. I’m over the tapping frenzy :wacky:.

345FDD6E-18B6-4C65-B24A-7AAC05EC19F4.jpeg

I can’t say that I’m particularly enjoying this part of the game. I’ve finished with the first 2 helo types and moved onto Goldfinches. It’s a massive step up. I’m refusing to maintain the pace anymore, though. I’ve sold off all of the first 2 types and sold their pads. I’m only running 2 helos now, usually one at a time. I’m over the tapping frenzy :wacky:.

View attachment 11209
:wacky: i know your feeling with these items :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
I ran my crossbill with business-class yesterday, and it gave me a decent profit (slightly below 1000 coins) per run :) . For a 20 / 40min. flight, this is about as profitable as it gets. I hang on to the heli's for a while, but won't operate it on a daily basis.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It’s the common miscommunication with this game. Most people assume you mean gold tokens when you refer to Gold. That’s why I only ever refer to gold coins simply as “coins”.
Oh ok got you. I always say tokens for silver and gold, and coins for common currency...just like you

Top Bottom