Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.7.12 Update is out

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Hello all,
Has anyone updated to 4.7.12 yet?
I would like to know what changes are made before I update.
Thanks for any info.
Jay

The most important one is that we've supposedly fixed the issue some players had with losing progress after playing for a few hours or a few days. It's a strongly recommended update for everyone.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Its just a Technical Update..

Its for those who were having problems in game saving..

Those who hadn't this problem yet have a good reason to update before they encounter it. You've probably read all the horror stories from forum's members by now.

Hearts still not counting..
They were never supposed to go over the limit. There's a hint about that now when you tap your reputation level.

Hearts will start counting again when we introduce new reputation levels sometime in the future. That's in line now with how experience works: you reach top level, you stop gaining xp points until new levels arrive.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Those who hadn't this problem yet have a good reason to update before they encounter it. You've probably read all the horror stories from forum's members by now.

I haven't had the problem with losing progress because I haven't installed the update that introduces that problem. Does it fix any of the other problems caused by recent updates? Does it create any new problems?

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I haven't had the problem with losing progress because I haven't installed the update that introduces that problem. Does it fix any of the other problems caused by recent updates? Does it create any new problems?

Well, there are always some issues to be found. Airport City is alive thanks to you all who play and support us despite the issues which gives us opportunities to do new things — and occasionally break things, too, unintentionally. From my point of view, the best update is always the latest update, and it's also the easiest way for us to help you in case anything bad happens.

As for the "creating new problems" part: no, in general we don't bring you updates with an intention of breaking your game :) But you can always wait for more feedback from fellow forum members before updating.

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
Just updated my both games.
No visible change.
All tokens, planes, bldgs, unopened boxes/chests still there, which is good enough for me until the next real update. :D
If I encounter any new issues from this update, I will report back.

@Chad Ladwig There is no in-game notification for this update. I found out 4.7.12 update when I went to Google Play Store.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Per Ivan, it seems there is another tech update for both iOS and Android after this. So there are actually 2 updates, if I am interpreting this correctly. Wonder what issues are gonna be fixed by the next update.

piloot3

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ayn6jhv
Username
piloot3
@Jay J .

Does it mean, that I with my Samsung tablet 10.1 can update in the future?
Earlier you told me that Unity is just excluding a huge size of the Android market by taking such a shortsighted decision.
Or may I hope? GI only give me several standard answers.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Sky Elf
Username
Sky Elf
Well, there are always some issues to be found. Airport City is alive thanks to you all who play and support us despite the issues which gives us opportunities to do new things — and occasionally break things, too, unintentionally. From my point of view, the best update is always the latest update, and it's also the easiest way for us to help you in case anything bad happens.

As for the "creating new problems" part: no, in general we don't bring you updates with an intention of breaking your game :) But you can always wait for more feedback from fellow forum members before updating.

I didn't think you intentionally included code that broke the game. I was asking the other players if they had discovered any ways in which the new update unintentionally broke the game. Also, my understanding was that the iOS version of the newest update hasn't been released yet and I have to wait anyway.

Jay J

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Pls see signature
Username
jj- / minime-
@Jay J .

Does it mean, that I with my Samsung tablet 10.1 can update in the future?
Earlier you told me that Unity is just excluding a huge size of the Android market by taking such a shortsighted decision.
Or may I hope? GI only give me several standard answers.

I am not qualified to answer your question, but I doubt that it will change compatibility backwards.

My minime game is on Samsung Tab2 (android 4.2.2), which is the next model to 10.1. It appears that I barely met compatibility requirement for Unity, but it became so sluggish after 4.7.9 update and turns the tab off if I leave AC on for a while. Joining multi-QL parties is almost impossible now.

Main game jj is on Tab3 (android 4.4.2), which plays fine including multi-QL launches, but reboots itself if I play any longer than 10 min. Deleting cache and clearing RAM makes no difference for both devices.

Got another game on S7 (android 6.0.1), which I play only occasionally. It is the only AC game without any issues. The newer the better, I guess.

These problems happen only with AC, not with other games.
Unless future updates resolve these issues, I will have to get a new device for minime game if I want to continue playing AC.

I am not qualified to answer your question, but I doubt that it will change compatibility backwards.

My minime game is on Samsung Tab2 (android 4.2.2), which is the next model to 10.1. It appears that I barely met compatibility requirement for Unity, but it became so sluggish after 4.7.9 update and turns the tab off if I leave AC on for a while. Joining multi-QL parties is almost impossible now.

Main game jj is on Tab3 (android 4.4.2), which plays fine including multi-QL launches, but reboots itself if I play any longer than 10 min. Deleting cache and clearing RAM makes no difference for both devices.

Got another game on S7 (android 6.0.1), which I play only occasionally. It is the only AC game without any issues. The newer the better, I guess.

These problems happen only with AC, not with other games.
Unless future updates resolve these issues, I will have to get a new device for minime game if I want to continue playing AC.

Looks like Bali2 on my Samsung Tab 8.9 on ICS 4.0.4 will not make it too.
I wonder if upgrading it to a cyanogen ROM would make it possible to play the updated AC.

Sambhav Jain

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Sj_(items I need)

They were never supposed to go over the limit. There's a hint about that now when you tap your reputation level.

Hearts will start counting again when we introduce new reputation levels sometime in the future. That's in line now with how experience works: you reach top level, you stop gaining xp points until new levels arrive.

I have heard and read horror stories of all members

Even after update my game still not save itself...
Every time I have exit game.. I had to visit a neighbor to make sure my game progress is saved... If I do not do that.. I loose all my progress and I stand back from where i started

Top Bottom