Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

4.7.12 Update is out

I have not updated, so I'm not very sure about this.

I was under the impression that if you left a regular plane in the special hangar before you update, it will remain in the hangar and you can still fly them. However, you can't switch them out and can only sell the plane.

Once you update, you can no longer put a regular plane in the special hangar.

Anyone can confirm this??

I have not updated, so I'm not very sure about this.

I was under the impression that if you left a regular plane in the special hangar before you update, it will remain in the hangar and you can still fly them. However, you can't switch them out and can only sell the plane.

Once you update, you can no longer put a regular plane in the special hangar.

Anyone can confirm this??
I have 2 S3 turbojets in my card hangars. I can fly them without a problem. I cannot move them to the reserve hangar, I can only sell them. I can't add any other planes to the one card hangar not in use. (Luckily, I still have a few more S3's in my warehouse, so not a problem to sell them.)

So I can still fly 14 planes. (for now)

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Yes. Is possible to use small hangar.
Eg. Christmas Hangar. Put a sleigh from your warehouse in the empty hangar. With all big hangar used buy a new plane and when ask you to use reserve hangar choose the hangar you put the sleigh. Note that the sleigh will be moved to your reserve hangar.
Didn't try on iOS.
@Juvenal @Bali Hi @Gt city @HP-

Eg. Christmas Hangar. Put a sleigh from your warehouse in the empty hangar. With all big hangar used buy a new plane and when ask you to use reserve hangar choose the hangar you put the sleigh. Note that the sleigh will be moved to your reserve hangar.
Didn't try on iOS.
OK - that worked with buying a plane. Put a plane of hearts in card hangar, bought a turboprop and it let me swap them out. But, I couldn't use one of my S3 turboprops from the reserve hangar or the warehouse - it had to be a purchased plane. But at least I can now use my card hangars! Thanks.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Ok, I started 2 experiment games installed from this update version. Both Android. On both games, I noticed that sometimes the # of hours of the flights do not change even though time lapsed from the time I left/closed the game. Sometimes, even overnight. I was sending flights to Egypt/Cyprus so they should only take minutes. I read that some experienced this also. Did this happen to anyone who updated their Android game, not a game that was installed from scratch? I think this is a huge problem. I cannot imagine sending a 6 hour flight and go to bed and find it is still 6 hours by the time I wake up. And is there a workaround?

OK - that worked with buying a plane. Put a plane of hearts in card hangar, bought a turboprop and it let me swap them out. But, I couldn't use one of my S3 turboprops from the reserve hangar or the warehouse - it had to be a purchased plane. But at least I can now use my card hangars! Thanks.

You only have to use a sleigh/plane of hearts if there is currently no regular plane in the hangar.
Once a regular plane occupies an event hangar you can continue to "rotate" planes by purchase
and pushing the current plane to reserve hangar.

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Petapann1
I did update (on iPad Pro) and for the last 24 hours the game will not load ......loading......loading......nothing happens it doesn't launch. The device is new, the iOS is latest - anyone else unable to launch the game?

Can someone help me with this please? I still cannot access the game - if this isn't the right forum, which is? Thank you

Last edited:

Deetee04

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Deetee03
Username
Deetee03
Didn't try on iOS.
It does not work on iOS....:(

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Ok, I started 2 experiment games installed from this update version. Both Android. On both games, I noticed that sometimes the # of hours of the flights do not change even though time lapsed from the time I left/closed the game. Sometimes, even overnight. I was sending flights to Egypt/Cyprus so they should only take minutes. I read that some experienced this also. Did this happen to anyone who updated their Android game, not a game that was installed from scratch? I think this is a huge problem. I cannot imagine sending a 6 hour flight and go to bed and find it is still 6 hours by the time I wake up. And is there a workaround?

My main game has this issue. Only workaround I have found is to leave the game open but if you get one of the pop-ups (that Ivan promised would go away) then it stops the timer so not much help either. On the brighter side, I never miss out on any of my bank producing greens.

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
@diwata and @drivefast99 I often had this problem, the best way to stop it (99% of times) it to visit Madlen before exiting the game, it is a total pain to have to do it every time to ensure it saves but it's better than not being able to send gifts/visit/planes not ready.

It's not about the game saving in this instance. The timer is not moving after exiting the game. I can have 15 fuel, leave the game for an hour, return and still have 15 fuel. Flights haven't moved, no coins to collect, etc. Game stays frozen in time from the exit to your return.

I've done everything I can think of except deleting the game and restoring to a fresh install.

There're pop-ups and there're pop-ups!
Those that were for in-game goods (eg. Popular or New promotions) are gone.
Those that promote other GI games in exchange for Airport Cash will stay (sorry).
there is a minor problem, when I click on launch pad to join other people's launches they aren't there, so I half to back out and visit a neighbor, then click on the spaceship then they're there

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
It's not about the game saving in this instance. The timer is not moving after exiting the game. I can have 15 fuel, leave the game for an hour, return and still have 15 fuel. Flights haven't moved, no coins to collect, etc. Game stays frozen in time from the exit to your return.

I've done everything I can think of except deleting the game and restoring to a fresh install.

That's the exact issue I have in my 2 experiment games. I think it is a big problem considering we have long haul flights. Makes me feel better waiting to update. (Aside from the current issues of losing progress and losing stuff and all.)

Alfonz Senki

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
main: alnmgae, support: 04ms6v1e, 2nd support: a0o8r60
Username
main: AS-..... (the item I need the most), support: AS-no_gift!
I experience this "backwards-time-traveling" as well sometimes with my gifting game and as a consequence I'm unable to send gifts for that day, because the game thinks it's still yesterday :(
I think it's not a random event at all. It happens if the game can't save your progress status correctly (due to a crash). In this case, next time when you start the game, it has to use the last correctly saved status.
Now we can start to discuss 2 separate questions:
A) Why do we have crashes?
B) Why AC doesn't save a time stamp along with the game data, and avoid "losing time"?
My theories:
A) I experience crashes only on my weakest phone, when it's overheated. So, I feel, it's not 100% fault of GI, since the game runs without crashes on decent devices. It's my fault, that I (and I guess many of us) want to run it on weak phones as well, because I don't want to spend a lot of money to buy new phones. On the other hand it's Road404's fault, that they wrote a game that overheats the processor very fast. My suggestion to Ivan, is to implement a switch in the options to turn of all the animations. At least.
B) to prevent time-travelling. Imagine:
GI: you are time traveler! You send out 12 planes every 5 minutes!
Player: no, I just try to play, my phone crashes after 5 minutes, not my fault!
Who is right in this situation? The costumer, of course. Instead of blocking them, GI just sending them back in time, so their planes are still flying, problem solved ;)
Solution: try to avoid crashes. If you feel your phone starts to be warm, quit and let it cool down again!

Eric The Great

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Eric The Great

I'm on iOS and this happens to me, post upgrade, occasionally. Fuel number doesn't move.

Top Bottom