Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Username + urgent needs

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Are all platform users able to update their username to include urgent need items if is it limited to certain platforms and/or devices? I use an iPad and IPhone; therefore I know IOS users are able to, but not quite sure about others. I also ask the question because it seems the easiest way for game players to get the item(s) they need the most. There are still a few members that send me items that they want instead of looking aypt my name or here at my signature that I update frequently. And, of course, I still have neighbors that I had before joint this forum that does the same thing.

zica

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
AZica
Are all platform users able to update their username to include urgent need items if is it limited to certain platforms and/or devices? I use an iPad and IPhone; therefore I know IOS users are able to, but not quite sure about others. I also ask the question because it seems the easiest way for game players to get the item(s) they need the most. There are still a few members that send me items that they want instead of looking aypt my name or here at my signature that I update frequently. And, of course, I still have neighbors that I had before joint this forum that does the same thing.

you can make this in your game name in windows and on android platform...
I have 4 items in my game name...i update my signature...i even made the spreadsheet with what i need....i send also pm with urgent needs....and i'm still receive other items....to bad i can not store more than 100 items....

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
I have 4 items in my game name...i update my signature...i even made the spreadsheet with what i need....i send also pm with urgent needs....and i'm still receive other items....to bad i can not store more than 100 items....
Thanks...now I know Android, Windows, and IOS are all capable. Just need to determine other platforms and Yeah... the 100 item limitation is frustrating. It should be at least 250 since a lot of the alliance quest exceed 100 flights.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Well, some users may only update their own excel sheets once a week, with the items you need and they will send you that or those items for a week, until they update it again. Some do this on a daily basis, other on a 3-4 day basis. Some users tend to look at gamename first, and/or then forum. Other just send whatever items they like to send or need. And you also probably have a lot of non-forum neighbours.

Don't expect that all gifts given to you are the ones you need, because you do level up and gifts change according to that.

I would rather appreciate the gifts given, rather than be given no gifts at all. And then it is up to you to decide if you want to gift them back.

If you told players what you need, and they still send you the wrong items, then it's simple. Stop gifting them.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
Well, some users may only update their own excel sheets once a week, with the items you need and they will send you that or those items for a week, until they update it again. Some do this on a daily basis, other on a 3-4 day basis. Some users tend to look at gamename first, and/or then forum. Other just send whatever items they like to send or need. And you also probably have a lot of non-forum neighbours.

Don't expect that all gifts given to you are the ones you need, because you do level up and gifts change according to that.

I would rather appreciate the gifts given, rather than be given no gifts at all. And then it is up to you to decide if you want to gift them back.

If you told players what you need, and they still send you the wrong items, then it's simple. Stop gifting them.
Thanks for the feedback.
I posed this question to better understand other platform capabilities. It's not a matter of not appreciating gifts or expecting all to be of immediate need. I've included my gifting policy in my signature so my forum neighbors will know that while I appreciate any and all gifts, I will gift back first to those who have fulfilled my immediate needs. Personally, I don't plan to stop gifting a neighbor just because they don't gift what I need, but I do decrease the gifts that I give to them. I feel if they take the time to give me a gift then they deserve something in return but it doesn't have to be all the time.

Device
  1. Windows PC
I use Windows and Android. Whenever I change my needs in my maingame, I edit my name and manually force an update (typing "test" thingie). When I then enter my Android game, I can see that my Windows game-name has been updated, either by letting the game automatically update itself or that I have to do the "test" thingie in my android game. I am not sure how often AC updates their servers though.

I use Windows and Android. Whenever I change my needs in my maingame, I edit my name and manually force an update (typing "test" thingie). When I then enter my Android game, I can see that my Windows game-name has been updated, either by letting the game automatically update itself or that I have to do the "test" thingie in my android game. I am not sure how often AC updates their servers though.
Does typing “test” still work? I’m not getting the invitation from n2486?

Thanks for the feedback.
I posed this question to better understand other platform capabilities. It's not a matter of not appreciating gifts or expecting all to be of immediate need. I've included my gifting policy in my signature so my forum neighbors will know that while I appreciate any and all gifts, I will gift back first to those who have fulfilled my immediate needs. Personally, I don't plan to stop gifting a neighbor just because they don't gift what I need, but I do decrease the gifts that I give to them. I feel if they take the time to give me a gift then they deserve something in return but it doesn't have to be all the time.
I have a gifting policy in my sig as well, “If you send me something that I don't need/want (but you do), do not expect a return gift. Do your homework!! (y);)

If someone wants to guess my needs, I guess I won’t be sending anything back :hilarious::D.

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
I have a gifting policy in my sig as well, “If you send me something that I don't need/want (but you do), do not expect a return gift. Do your homework!! (y);)

If someone wants to guess my needs, I guess I won’t be sending anything back :hilarious::D.
:LOL:Great policy(y)..I’ll make it my policy to remember that ;)

Jan0987

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03b27s4r
Username
Jan-
Once in a while, I will see the same player with two different game names (different needed item appended to root game name), both in the Incoming gift tab, as shown in the screenshot below. Then I usually guess which name is the most recent. (@Nightfish, I hope you don't mind that I use your game name as an example.)
Nightfish-050118.PNG

Once in a while, I will see the same player with two different game names (different needed item appended to root game name), both in the Incoming gift tab, as shown in the screenshot below. Then I usually guess which name is the most recent. (@Nightfish, I hope you don't mind that I use your game name as an example.)
View attachment 12821
2 different accounts? One before reset, then he changed his game needs but screen didn't update.?

Jan0987

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03b27s4r
Username
Jan-
2 different accounts? One before reset, then he changed his game needs but screen didn't update.?
Just the one account, and the screen updated, but also carried the previous name at the same time. I think the gifting subroutines may not have been tested thoroughly, because when I go to the Neighbors icon and scroll to a neighbor I want to gift to, and click on the little icon with the yellow gift box and red ribbon on it on a green background, it gives me a message, "Attention! You can't send any more free gifts today. Wait until tomorrow.". But then when I go back to the main screen and tap the 3-persons icon, and then the large yellow box/red ribbon icon, and go to the Incoming tab, I can gift normally to 20 people, and the Outgoing tab says "Today you can send 20 more free gifts".

View attachment 12821
The name on the gift is what it was when the gift was sent. The only real way to know is to add neighbour “test” before returning gifts (it updates all acc names from the server) and double check the name in your neighbour list.

Top Bottom