Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The facts: Launch Ready Blue Chests Random Rates...

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Wondering what the random rates look like when opening a Launch Ready 'blue' Chest for space fuel? Well, I have tried to gather the facts opening all incoming blue chests and will try to continue to do so...

We'll hopefully see the evolution of the rates into stable numbers.

No bonuses are active during opening. I open them by batches of 100.

The total with this week's take included (400 chests):
tumblr_o85crdC6IM1vnm0gno1_1280.png

Wondering what the random rates look like when opening a Launch Ready 'blue' Chest for space fuel?

Hi @Wasted Eagle

Very interesting !

To help me with my tired old eyes, am I right :-

PEB 7%
MS 8%
LFT 14%

Which would mean that 3 in every 10 chests, on average, would contain one of these items.

I don't like to think of myself as average, but in this instance chance would be a fine thing :)

Regards
Harcourt

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Hi @Wasted Eagle

Very interesting !

To help me with my tired old eyes, am I right :-

PEB 7%
MS 8%
LFT 14%

Which would mean that 3 in every 10 chests, on average, would contain one of these items.

I don't like to think of myself as average, but in this instance chance would be a fine thing :)

Regards
Harcourt
Thank you for the feedback. I'll help those 'tired old eyes' by adjusting the size. (y)

You're right: on average it should almost be a 1 in 3 shot for high valued items...

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Wondering what the random rates look like when opening a Launch Ready 'blue' Chest for space fuel? Well, I have tried to gather the facts opening all incoming blue chests and will try to continue to do so...

We'll hopefully see the evolution of the rates into stable numbers.

No bonuses are active during opening. I open them by batches of 100.

The total with this week's take included (400 chests):
tumblr_o85crdC6IM1vnm0gno1_1280.png

A really brilliant piece of detective work with your blue chest launch figures. This is the sort of thing I've had in mind for sometime myself, but not the time to do it

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Checked!

Update: Interesting numbers on the 'old' thread, @Kesh .
I will continue my effort for a couple of reasons:

1. G! keeps changing the game (only 5 excavation maps from Duke, really!?:mad:) and since Gt City's numbers are a year old, it's reasonable to assume G! also fiddled with the random rates.

2. Those numbers aren't the same as mine, so far. Maybe after a 1000 or 2000 chests the numbers will be the same. Then I'll consider this debunked and end the thread.

3. Honestly? Who doesn't like a nice pie chart? Or pie in general... :ROFLMAO:

I'll make a nice comparison when I hit the same number of chests opened as the 'old' one... (y)

Last edited:

Løssnus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Username
Usernamelkkkkkkk
Here are my results from 557 boxes, First 300 was opened with Golden Dice active. Divided into batches/series of 100 boxes
I`m a bit surprised that the amount of Solid Fuel is not higher, I have around 1700 of them, but thats probably because 6 place and lower on red launches gives Solid Fuel
2016-06-08_00-26-36.png

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Here are my results:
Additional Stabilizer250.25520.20770.21
Explosive bolt190.19490.19680.19
LFT110.11380.15490.14
Main Stablizer80.08250.10330.09
PEB30.03130.05160.04
Small Fuel Tank100.10300.12400.11
Solid Fuel250.25520.20770.21
total1011.002591.003601.00

[th][td]batch
1[/td][td]%1[/td][td]batch
2[/td][td]%2[/td][td]both
batches[/td][td]%both[/td][/th]
I sadly waited to long to publish and I forgot which batch was with Golden Dice, I think it was the second one.

Hi All,

I have been recording the contents of the Launch Chests for the last 28 days.

Here are the results as Pie Charts.

Launch Chests.jpg

Launch Chests2.jpg

With regard to my main game, I average 15 chests per each day's neighbour visits.

I used to click on Planetariums etc as quickly as I could. I then decided to slow down my clicks so that the coins dropped from the first item disappeared before clicking on the next item.
This seems to me to be more productive.

I also stopped opening all the daily haul of Launch Chests immediately. Instead I would open chests until I had a run of 5 chests all with the lower value items. I would then stop.

I don't know whether all of this actually helpful, but at least I feel more in control !!

For comparison, @Wasted Eagle had :-

PEB - 7%
MS --- 8%
LFT --14%

The second graph is for my support game. It has a restricted list of neighbours who want to be able to take part in the weekly Friday Green Small Item Launches.
Currently it has 6 hearts and averages 6 chests per day.
I also try to maximise the items required for green launches.

As a result the stats merely show the value of having neighbours with Planetariums will lead to more chests.

All this talk of pies is making me hungry !

Regards
Harcourt

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Hi All,

View attachment 3538

View attachment 3539

With regard to my main game, I average 15 chests per each day's neighbour visits.

I used to click on Planetariums etc as quickly as I could. I then decided to slow down my clicks so that the coins dropped from the first item disappeared before clicking on the next item.

I also stopped opening all the daily haul of Launch Chests immediately. Instead I would open chests until I had a run of 5 chests all with the lower value items. I would then stop.

I don't know whether all of this actually helpful, but at least I feel more in control !!

PEB - 7%
MS --- 8%
LFT --14%

The second graph is for my support game. It has a restricted list of neighbours who want to be able to take part in the weekly Friday Green Small Item Launches.

As a result the stats merely show the value of having neighbours with Planetariums will lead to more chests.

Regards
Harcourt

An excellent piece of work, very well done, it really is worth doing. If I just had the time I would do the same.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Hi All,

View attachment 3538

View attachment 3539

PEB - 7%
MS --- 8%
LFT --14%

Regards
Harcourt
Great work! I'll update mine later this week. I almost have the stats for 800 more chests... :D

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
here is some basic statistic from me. First number represent LFT, second MS and third PEBs. It was done on sample of 100 chests per round.
8/9/11, 21/11/6, 14/13/6, 12/9/7, 11/9/6, 12/7/5, 13/8/8, 22/7/5, 20/7/7, 14/13/8, 15/13/4
During all time golden dice and sky captain were active. It was opened during several different part of the day (mostly morning between 9-11).

P.S. - wish I could repeat the first batch

Top Bottom