Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS iOS 9 incompatibility with AC????

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
Tom ... That happened to me when I first switched to iOS 9 a few weeks back. You probably remember as I was one the first people to experience this issue and got all frantic on the forum. Mine would always revert back to my home screen. I never got the G! Splash screen.
@greensmith
Ramy

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Tom ... That happened to me when I first switched to iOS 9 a few weeks back. You probably remember as I was one the first people to experience this issue and got all frantic on the forum. Mine would always revert back to my home screen. I never got the G! Splash screen.
@greensmith
Ramy
@Rsorour
Ramy,
It didn't happen with iOS 9.0 or 9.0.1. It only started when I updated to 9.0.2. Odd.
Cheers,
Tom

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
@Rsorour
Ramy,
It didn't happen with iOS 9.0 or 9.0.1. It only started when I updated to 9.0.2. Odd.
Cheers,
Tom
Tom
I waited and thought everything was OK with iOS 9.02 but no!
Just a black screen and nothing else although the app is still open in the background:arghh::arghh:
@greensmith @Rsorour

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Three of my games are still running on iOS7 and the other 2 are still on iOS8. I have no intention of going to iOS9 anytime soon!! :nailbiting::bag:
Keep them like that until you are 110% sure everything is sorted, i am very frustrated with this game at the moment

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Tom
I waited and thought everything was OK with iOS 9.02 but no!
Just a black screen and nothing else although the app is still open in the background:arghh::arghh:
@greensmith @Rsorour
@Neil ellor
Same thing happens to me. When I close the app down and then reopen it, the game does start although it takes a while to do so. Did you try that?
Cheers,
Tom

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Yes Tom i have tried this an also reinstalling my back up which didn't work either
I am not sure what version my ipad is but it was from before 'Air' was produced I think, around 3 years old when I first started playing
so it may be an age thing, which is always my problem
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Yes Tom i have tried this an also reinstalling my back up which didn't work either
I am not sure what version my ipad is but it was from before 'Air' was produced I think, around 3 years old when I first started playing
so it may be an age thing, which is always my problem
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
@Neil ellor
I installed iOS 9.0.2 also on my iPad 3. No problems at all opening AC on it. This means AC on my iPad Air is working buggy while AC on a model introduced 18 months earlier works fine. Ramy also has an iPad 3 and his was buggy.
It's odd that the same version of AC running on the same iOS should work/not work so differently on devices.
Cheers,
Tom

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
@Neil ellor
I installed iOS 9.0.2 also on my iPad 3. No problems at all opening AC on it. This means AC on my iPad Air is working buggy while AC on a model introduced 18 months earlier works fine. Ramy also has an iPad 3 and his was buggy.
It's odd that the same version of AC running on the same iOS should work/not work so differently on devices.
Cheers,
Tom
All devices has the same iOS. How about memory? all devices has the same?
If all devices run with same memory or one device run with less memory than others than in my opinion G! has a server problem.
I think the same with android. Why I can visit some neighbors and these neighbors can´t visit my AC? Why I can visit some iOS players and others no if all iOS running in the same version of AC?

BTW I can visit, running android 4.0.4 in my old Samsung Galaxy tab GT-P7500, @greensmith and @Rsorour but can´t visit any game from @Neil ellor . With my suport game running iOS 9.0.2 in iPad 2 I can visit @Rsorour and will send a request to know what will happen.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Just my follow up my iPad is version 3 64gb. And GI may as well know I have 2 games on it! One standard I think is phone game version Ne2 and one HD version Captain tneil both on the iPad. I don't know anyone who has this?
Both games are stuck black screen won't open
I think it's all getting a little too much for GI v Apple they just do not have the resource
Very sad for me

Mrstepot

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Beckyp
Just my follow up my iPad is version 3 64gb. And GI may as well know I have 2 games on it! One standard I think is phone game version Ne2 and one HD version Captain tneil both on the iPad. I don't know anyone who has this?
I think it's all getting a little too much for GI v Apple they just do not have the resource
Very sad for me
Very sad for all of us! :(

Very sad for me

I was about to suggest that it's a memory problem or a combination of incompatible programs installed.
However, both do not seem to be a problem with your games.

Write to GI - Ivan seems to think more input would help them debug the problem.

I hope you and iOS problems will be resolved soon!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
!sexyraini
I'm not being funny, some of us pay money to play, it's been weeks now, why on earth have GI not resolved this issue? I expect better.

Adding some good news to this thread!!

I bought an iPhone 6S today which comes with OS9. I backed up my iPhone 4 and did a restore to the new iPhone not really expecting Airport City to work after reading so many problems with OS9.

Well....much to my surprise, it is working. Oh, just one problem I have found...I no longer have time to run for a coffee after starting the game....The iPhone 4 took over a minute to start, now the game starts in about 3 seconds....:)

I still have not updated my iPad's to OS9 and will wait and see how others are doing first.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Adding some good news to this thread!!

I bought an iPhone 6S today which comes with OS9. I backed up my iPhone 4 and did a restore to the new iPhone not really expecting Airport City to work after reading so many problems with OS9.

Well....much to my surprise, it is working. Oh, just one problem I have found...I no longer have time to run for a coffee after starting the game....The iPhone 4 took over a minute to start, now the game starts in about 3 seconds....:)

I still have not updated my iPad's to OS9 and will wait and see how others are doing first.
Positive news! Hope will be similar with new game on iPad Air... :whistle:

Device
  1. iPad
Username
!sexyraini
Don't panic folks, GI have closed my "ticket" as everything will be fine when they update AC. That's alright then.......whenever "then" maybe.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Can we change this thread heading to ' The forgotten' ?
4 weeks, still can't open my games.
@Sexyraini yes it's all sorted GI closed my ticket over a week ago
New iOS update still a black screen!!!!!!!!!!
What's going on 3 years of my life lost
@Dave Free2Play
Come on get it sorted:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
@eat007 how are you getting on?

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Can we change this thread heading to ' The forgotten' ?
4 weeks, still can't open my games.
@Sexyraini yes it's all sorted GI closed my ticket over a week ago
New iOS update still a black screen!!!!!!!!!!
What's going on 3 years of my life lost
@Dave Free2Play
Come on get it sorted:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
@eat007 how are you getting on?
I am just not sure @Dave can help you, or any other of us.

It is up to GI and the programming team. There was no update for us in Sept, not sure if it will be in Oct. But them might have bigger problems with implementing so many new features (and bugs, of course!). If they expect that new iOS update will solve the problems, then that could be the reason they are closing tickets as solved.
But yes, it must be hard to have non-playable game, and just waiting, waiting,....

Top Bottom