1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Getting thrown off a launch!

Discussion in 'Space Launch Questions' started by Disco, 5 January 2018.

1. Disco

Disco Active Member

Windows Mobile
    23igolyq
    A Disco
    Bit of a rant now....

Joined a launch from a neighbour earlier. I checked on here and could see no mention of the launch from that player but I don't have many friends at the moment on this forum that I can see.

Anyway, he/she had added 576 points (blue launch) I almost never overtake the leader but I do make sure I can get 3rd place at worst so added circa 136 points (can't remember exactly but its all I had without using main stabiliser which would take me close to his total) and then logged off. There were 23 hours to go when I logged off. I came on again about an hour later knowing that I had things I could add again only to find I have been booted from the launch.....

Why/how is that fair? I get the etiquette that I've read on here. I'd hate it if someone overtook me but I'd make sure I couldn't be overtaken before starting one. I used the term "almost never" above. THat is the one occassion when after joining a launch almost immediately after someone else started, after 16 hours and me about to go to bed the "Captain" hadn't even added 500 points so I used my Powerful bolts and finished the launch to make sure i didn't waste what I had spent all day putting in.

Like I say, get the etiquette but booting someone for no obvious reason is pretty distasteful..... if you got the bits you'd put in back i'd be happier, but you don't....

I also get the benefit of following and joining a launch from this forum but most aren't on it..

Its clearly a team game at that stage, hence you can join a launch but the fact you can then boot people off is really crap. Especially when you can't communicate with them to tell them why and or refund the points/equipment they have put in.

Rant over.....

Deezer, Paulo1845, p2p and 3 others like this.
  2. Dan

Dan Active Member

iPad
    Dan's Small City
    Dans-*item*
    It could have been an accident. I have never booted any one so i don't know if there is a "are you sure?" popup that happens.

When i first started launching i got booted a few times because i didn't know what i was doing and found myself in the middle of launch rings somehow and was taking other people's spots.

I got booted once from a flight because i moved from third place to second place but was still well behind first place. Who ever it was didn't like it and they failed to realize that both second and third get the same rewards.

I have had horrible internet before and foolishly started a flight. Some times you come back a few hour's later and the flight has launched with me in 4th place and 0 points added.

It happens.

Find a reliable neighbor to launch with. The best would be one that starts a flight about the time that you would want to and routinely does it every 24 hours. Add 12 points and always get 2nd place. Build up your points then start your own launches.

3. Steveb

Steveb 150+ Star Club

iPhone
    03wjxkl8
    Icemansteve
    I have a red on the pad with a Ql if you want to join in mate

4. Disco

Disco Active Member

Windows Mobile
    23igolyq
    A Disco
    Thanks for your replies and kind offers. I don't have red yet so can't join but thank you for the kind offer.

5. LjGibbs

LjGibbs 150+ Star Club VIP Flyer Active Member

Windows PC
    20tkh9y6
    LjGibbs
    Paulo1845, Teboho, Dempsi72 and 7 others like this.
  6. Jostein

Jostein Active Member

Android
    04ygn6mm
    Jostein
    @Disco , Send me a friend request for future launches :)

7. Disco

Disco Active Member

Windows Mobile
    23igolyq
    A Disco
    thanks you. Request sent

8. Mudchute

Mudchute Member

Android
    041yal37
    Mudchute
    Hi, in relation to yours experience, I was thrown off of a launch, by @jeanmi13 (probably not here), after several hours of collecting things, with more than 400 points from my side. Quite frustrating

Dafsade likes this.
  9. david smith

david smith 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android, Windows PC
    209aba02, 20862zbj,04rn9r1c,20xwk96h
    GMRDR,GMRDR3,DS2, g reeper
    Sent invite from g reeper

10. Happy Helen

Happy Helen Well-Known Member

Android, iPad
    Happy Helen
    I’ve been dumped off a red launch?

@Fuel LANDING LAMP

I was enjoying helping?

Who is @Fuel LANDING LAMP please?

11. No idea, but hopefully he is NOT your neighbour now!

12. If you're launching with non forum neighbors that's your problem. It's a crapshoot otherwise

Jon Allen and Bob69bob like this.
  13. I think you were very unlucky.
    I prefer to join launches of neighbors who are forum members but timing wise it does not always work out. I've been kicked out of only one launch for no apparent reason so I just dropped them as neighbors.
    I'll send you a friend request, not that I start very many red launches.