Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android G! wants to rob out players!

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
I had no idea people were still flying more than 14 planes? How did that work?
Quite simply: those who had taken advantage of the bug and had more than 14 planes flying before the update (that was supposed to eradicate the bug) could keep flying their 14+ planes even after the update, as long as they did not need to sell, swap or buy planes, in which case they had to land them all and put them back in the reserve hangar. Thus, the update eradicated only half of the bug - it prevented you from sending off > 14 planes, but it never addressed the issue of those that were already out there. I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard to code in some mechanism to prevent you from re-sending any planes in excess of 14, but they didn't. Instead, they have been accusing those users of cheating and banned them from the game, all because of their previously flawed programming!

Quite frankly GI seem more like a totalitarian regime than a commercial enterprise and the way they treat their long-term paying customers defies any logic! Shame on you, GI!

This is really a strange approach. The player is banned for the mistakes of developers, which were never corrected or adjusted, nor communicated via Facebook or any other channel. I was saving fuel for more than 3 months (collected 14 alarm clocks, one single family ticket and building VCs together with PAX pod), I have spent more than 7 hours yesterday and 5 today to make finally 550k PAXs (I have prepared all the maps for Condor destinations in the last 4 months). How is it possible that some guy (switching between Russian alliances and no PAX pod) is capable to make 1+M every week? I do not get it. Seems to me the rules are pretty flexible from GI point of view. I found out recently many old players I had on friend list got blocked recently. What is going on? The approach from GI was never fair, I recall some cases from 2013 and 2014, but this is way too much for me to be punished for not breaking any rules. In the past they were banning players for misusing the bugs (looks like we are getting there again - I got today info that Cajsa from FireHouse was blocked probably for more than 14 planes in the game).
Yep mr Fly-every-week-over

This is really a strange approach. The player is banned for the mistakes of developers, which were never corrected or adjusted, nor communicated via Facebook or any other channel. I was saving fuel for more than 3 months (collected 14 alarm clocks, one single family ticket and building VCs together with PAX pod), I have spent more than 7 hours yesterday and 5 today to make finally 550k PAXs (I have prepared all the maps for Condor destinations in the last 4 months). How is it possible that some guy (switching between Russian alliances and no PAX pod) is capable to make 1+M every week? I do not get it. Seems to me the rules are pretty flexible from GI point of view. I found out recently many old players I had on friend list got blocked recently. What is going on? The approach from GI was never fair, I recall some cases from 2013 and 2014, but this is way too much for me to be punished for not breaking any rules. In the past they were banning players for misusing the bugs (looks like we are getting there again - I got today info that Cajsa from FireHouse was blocked probably for more than 14 planes in the game).
Yep mr Fly-every-week-over-one-million-pax problaby hits the 2 million this Sunday because the Russians are scared To loose from a level 8 alliance. Its amazing how he do that every week. No magic square in his city, no VC, never in the top of launches. Oh he is rich of course and spend tons of money on greens 🤷🏽‍♀️ Whatever

The below doesn't explain all situations mentioned here so far but unsure if everyone is familiar with this page on GIs website:

Where it states:

"Above, you can read the main things we consider as a breach of our Code of Conduct and are worthy of a penalty.
Though, that’s not all of them; please read below about other unacceptable behaviour:

Asking for, or providing personal contact information
Game Insight employee impersonation
Attempts to phish other players' accounts
Payment refund abuse
Using a bug for an unfair advantage, instead of reporting it to developers
Messing with Matchmaking
Match fixing
Encouraging other players to break the rules"

The below doesn't explain all situations mentioned here so far but unsure if everyone is familiar with this page on GIs website:

Where it states:

"Above, you can read the main things we consider as a breach of our Code of Conduct and are worthy of a penalty.
Though, that’s not all of them; please read below about other unacceptable behaviour:

Asking for, or providing personal contact information
Game Insight employee impersonation
Attempts to phish other players' accounts
Payment refund abuse
Messing with Matchmaking
Match fixing
Encouraging other players to break the rules"

You are right, this could explain the ban of players using the plane bug. But it is so easy to fix it, just not allowing to send out any other plane if the actual number of planes is higher than number of stands plus choppers could be done the same way. If I recall there was a bug where I have seen literaly 100s of Rocket Gardens in cities and nobody was banned at that time. Couple of months later they use different scaling of breaching the rules?

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
You are right, this could explain the ban of players using the plane bug. But it is so easy to fix it, just not allowing to send out any other plane if the actual number of planes is higher than number of stands plus choppers could be done the same way. If I recall there was a bug where I have seen literaly 100s of Rocket Gardens in cities and nobody was banned at that time. Couple of months later they use different scaling of breaching the rules?

Interesting reading, indeed?
OMG! How the heck do they expect users to be loyal to them by reporting bugs when all they do is call these users liars? Of couse we won't report any bugs or other issues unless they seriously affect our games in a catastrophic manner and there is no solution left but to file a case with Support.

So you do contact support, and find it's just a waste of time and energy! The first thing that happens is nothing - they do not respond for 72 hours. When they do respond, it's only to call you a liar - there is nothing wrong with the game/your account/GI servers etc. When you insist, they demand evidence, i.e. screenshots. When you send screenshots they are refused because there was no time stamp copied into the image! And so it goes on, you know the story - at least long-time users such as myself ("only" 3 years 9 months) will know what happens if you contact support - you just bang your head against the proverbial brick wall and if you're lucky you will get 3 greenies in compensation for GI making all your planes go AWOL in cyberspace.

So no, I'm not going to report any bugs to GI, instead I would challenge them to remove that statement from their list of offences - they make their bed every time they create a new bug, so they should just accept sleeping in it!

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
If I pay to play. I must have a good game.
Why GI couldn't be punish for bad programming and I can't use his bugs? Why just for bad bugs I must accept something lost?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
If I pay to play. I must have a good game.
Why GI couldn't be punish for bad programming and I can't use his bugs? Why just for bad bugs I must accept something lost?
It's not cheating but it is part of the terms of service/code of conduct that you accept when you download the game.

There are bugs I have known about and not exploited (more than 6 buildings for example). I think G! was kind to just put the buildings back in the warehouse for players that were exploiting that bug. They could have deleted the buildings or even banned the game.

I think the same goes with flying more than 14 planes. If you choose to exploit the bug (and break the terms of service agreement), you should be prepared to lose a plane at random when they fix the bug ... and if I were a developer with G! I would program it to take the black thunderbird (essentially the best plane in the fleet)

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
The weird thing about that, is they compensated players that had more than 6 buildings. A spyglass and something else... I can’t quite remember.
But ban those with 14+ planes flying 🤔

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
The weird thing about that, is they compensated players that had more than 6 buildings. A spyglass and something else... I can’t quite remember.
But ban those with 14+ planes flying 🤔
I would suggest deleting the planes that shouldn't be flying.

I certainly wouldn't suggest putting it back in the warehouse and giving them a bonus.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
It's not cheating but it is part of the terms of service/code of conduct that you accept when you download the game.

There are bugs I have known about and not exploited (more than 6 buildings for example). I think G! was kind to just put the buildings back in the warehouse for players that were exploiting that bug. They could have deleted the buildings or even banned the game.

I think the same goes with flying more than 14 planes. If you choose to exploit the bug (and break the terms of service agreement), you should be prepared to lose a plane at random when they fix the bug ... and if I were a developer with G! I would program it to take the black thunderbird (essentially the best plane in the fleet)
I totally agree if they post about a bug that can't be exploit.
When is permitted and I have a 10 buildings they just retire my extra buildings and ok. They never said that will happen before did.

In any time they said that they change the rules and you can or can't have more extra buildings.

If in the next update they change this rule and you can have 10 buildings, are you build or not? Is it a bug or not?

The terms of service are BS

So what happens if I active a abut by complete accident, not intentionally going to cheat but have something happen good that should not have - according to the GI rules I get banned. Utter rubbish.

Every game has bugs, some are put in deliberately by the developers for many reasons.

GI are so poor at programming and quality checks, that’s it’s not just about bugs, it’s shocking poor programming, flights that don’t count, releases that have errors in them, the time travel farce that no other game seems to have issues with - and there are lots more. I’ve never come across a game that has so many errors, they change their terms of service as it suits them. What about when V7 came out and the said nothing would be taken away - seeing what’s going on now that it just a blatant lie.

If they have told Darekk that he can’t have those lollipops, where does it end, I’ve got 8000 FC, 2000 FH, 1500 SL and plenty more items in the high hundreds collected before the insane release of V7

Ive said it so many times, this is a fantastic game ruined by greed from GI. When they took over control of the game from Road 404 there was a change in attitude, yes of course all companies need to make a profit

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, it doesn’t affect me. But the approach between the 2 situations is slightly confusing.
Agreed. Rewarding a player who knowingly exploited bugs vs. banning a player that has resources leftover from prior to the 100 limit. An odd approach

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Is it fair to compensate with a spyglass who payed greens to buy the extra buildings? I don't think so.
The situation I recall was dozens and dozens of rocket gardens. They didn't pay greenies for them. And the buildings were only removed to the warehouse - not deleted. Then they were compensated for the "inconvenience" with a spyglass

The situation I recall was dozens and dozens of rocket gardens. They didn't pay greenies for them. And the buildings were only removed to the warehouse - not deleted. Then they were compensated for the "inconvenience" with a spyglass
Does seem unfair but perhaps due to it being a bug and their issue? Seems like because they were earned and therefore why not deleted?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Does seem unfair but perhaps due to it being a bug and their issue? Seems like because they were earned and therefore why not deleted?
I don't have a problem with G! putting the buildings back in the warehouse (although I think they should have extracted equivalent coin to cover the cost of warehousing the buildings). But their term of service prohibit exploiting a bug. Why would they reward the exploitation by saying sorry for the inconvenience. Here's a reward for your trouble? It completely contradicts their terms

I don't have a problem with G! putting the buildings back in the warehouse (although I think they should have extracted equivalent coin to cover the cost of warehousing the buildings). But their term of service prohibit exploiting a bug. Why would they reward the exploitation by saying sorry for the inconvenience. Here's a reward for your trouble? It completely contradicts their terms
Overall, I agree but I also don't know when their terms were published plus they are a bit hidden, perhaps so they have leverage, perhaps due in part from the numerous bugs and exploits. Unfortunately we'd really need the company's official response on the matter and not possibly just somebody's response from "support".

To me they should have been issued a warning, moved\deleted the buildings to their warehouse and no rewards. I can only guess that it came down to a question of the player's gameplay based on the presence of said buildings and stupidly the person they spoke to at GI felt they deserved something in return.

Just to remember that people who put some extra rocket gardens in their games didn’t exploit any hidden bug: that option was fully available, just going to warehouse and click building. No tricks, it was there for everyone to use it.
much like what happened for months with Duke’s shop: the buy more was there for everyone to use it.
not like extra planes, where you had to “trick” the system by choosing a plane from reserve hangar and tap the first stand at the exact moment when the guest plane was leaving the runway.

Top Bottom