Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Building Cost vrs Efficiency

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
@bluejay I havent posted in the launch forum yet...need to gather more resources. I have a few powerful explosive bolts, but I hold on to those for dear life lol. I'm gonna focus on adding some new neighbors first, then gather resources
Feel free to add me also i launch almost daily and in about a week or two wil be getting me first batch of QL's

Jega001

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042fq3o0
Username
Jega001
But with so many solid rocket fuel at my disposal, I now have a way to get rid of them.
You will never get rid of them.:)

And I'm in the group that hijacked people here when I was new. I didn't understand the rules but I'm getting the hang of how this works now. Thankfully someone very nice finally pointed out my mistake and I apologized. My recommendation would be once you build up a good base of nice neighbors who have Planetariums and have the resources to finish a red launch on your own if things go south look in the space launch section for some people doing launches and join with them or even post your own thread. There are a lot of nice people here always willing to help you out!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
You will never get rid of them.:)

And I'm in the group that hijacked people here when I was new. I didn't understand the rules but I'm getting the hang of how this works now. Thankfully someone very nice finally pointed out my mistake and I apologized. My recommendation would be once you build up a good base of nice neighbors who have Planetariums and have the resources to finish a red launch on your own if things go south look in the space launch section for some people doing launches and join with them or even post your own thread. There are a lot of nice people here always willing to help you out!

By the way, what's the usual etiquette when it comes to group launches? Know we're getting a bit off topic, but it's still relevant since launches are the main money makers

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
If somebody posts 'all places open' then its a free for all and no positions are reserved. If somebody posts 2-3 open then that means first is reserved and you should not pass the person who has reserved first place. Sometimes if somebody posts 576 then it is unusual to pass them again unless all posts available has been stated. It is best if you can get in a launch group then you can communicate properly with your fellow fliers. I may well be corrected on a couple of points but this is what i usually watch for especially if randomly joining a fellow forum member launch. If i do this i usually message them and ask what they are looking for people to put in if they haven't posted the launch on the forum.

If somebody posts 'all places open' then its a free for all and no positions are reserved. If somebody posts 2-3 open then that means first is reserved and you should not pass the person who has reserved first place. Sometimes if somebody posts 576 then it is unusual to pass them again unless all posts available has been stated. It is best if you can get in a launch group then you can communicate properly with your fellow fliers. I may well be corrected on a couple of points but this is what i usually watch for especially if randomly joining a fellow forum member launch. If i do this i usually message them and ask what they are looking for people to put in if they haven't posted the launch on the forum.
You forgot to add that anytime some flies with me first time there seems to be an unwritten rule that I get hijacked :D

Jega001

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042fq3o0
Username
Jega001
The 576 rule is you put in one of each item and it adds up to 576. That is usually considered to be first. I was completely unaware of that one before coming here as well. One other extremely important rule, if you are in a launch where multiple QL's are participating, never ever launch before all QL's get on-board.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Oh ok I got you. So only the person in first place does that, and everyone else keep their score below that? Or is it something each participant does?

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
The 576 rule is you put in one of each item and it adds up to 576. That is usually considered to be first. I was completely unaware of that one before coming here as well. One other extremely important rule, if you are in a launch where multiple QL's are participating, never ever launch before all QL's get on-board.

Ok, now i have a question, what are the rules of launch etiquette when someone sets up a launch and puts in 576 but then doesn't keep adding for several hours. I've been stuck in those launch situations and haven't known what to do. It's hard to launch a red rocket even with three or four people if everyone has to stay under 576.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
...unless the launch has that many participants where adding up to 576 isn't needed. I wonder the same thing. What if the leader gets caught up in something and can't complete the launch?

Jega001

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042fq3o0
Username
Jega001
Well...The 576 rule usually only happens with QL's. Now it's always up to the person setting up the launch sets what the rules are. With QL's if you're sitting around for hours you're doing it wrong. In my experiences it goes like this. As people join a launch the person who's turn it is to be first or the first person to put 576 in claims first. Everyone else stays behind that, until all the people who are trying to get in the launch get in or at least until the OL's get in. Then the person who claimed first usually puts in ~1000. Spots 2-3 put in about 500. If the combination with everyone else isn't enough to get off the pad it's usually the person who put in 1st will try to get the launch off the ground usually with some assistance everyone else. Remember with QL's once they are all in the launch the faster you get off the ground, the faster you get back, the faster you get off the ground again.

Without QL's 1st usually puts in about 1700 to keep anyone else from claiming first.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
This is not much help but I'm still at the stage where every bit counts and as we say in German "Wer den Pfennig nicht ehrt, ist des Talers nicht wert." - something like "Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves." or literally translated "He who doesn't value the penny doesn't deserve the pound." ;)
If you have a 2*2 spot free in your city and collected the chess table often enough, you can build a chess club and when it is completed after 4 hours, you can delete it again and earn 130 which is actually more than the 90 you'd earn with it every 4 hours. I have a pile of them collecting dust in my storage and this way, I can at least make use of them once.
If you have other buildings in your storage that you don't want to use, you can do the same with them. I've actually first sold a smart house to make room for the chess club since I also have a pile of smart houses sitting in my storage and I currently don't need all the passenger producing builings I have to keep my planes in the air all the time.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
This is not much help but I'm still at the stage where every bit counts and as we say in German "Wer den Pfennig nicht ehrt, ist des Talers nicht wert." - something like "Take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves." or literally translated "He who doesn't value the penny doesn't deserve the pound." ;)
If you have a 2*2 spot free in your city and collected the chess table often enough, you can build a chess club and when it is completed after 4 hours, you can delete it again and earn 130 which is actually more than the 90 you'd earn with it every 4 hours. I have a pile of them collecting dust in my storage and this way, I can at least make use of them once.
If you have other buildings in your storage that you don't want to use, you can do the same with them. I've actually first sold a smart house to make room for the chess club since I also have a pile of smart houses sitting in my storage and I currently don't need all the passenger producing builings I have to keep my planes in the air all the time.

That's not a bad idea if you have buildings that you want to get rid of. I tend to hold on to all buildings I get; you never know when they can come in handy. And though the building contributions are small, they certainly add up. I used to go for variety, but now I only put coin buildings that have the highest per hour rate. I've found that buildings that give an average of 40 per hour or more are considered worthy investments from a coin building standpoint...if they don't cost an arm and a leg to obtain.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
That's not a bad idea if you have buildings that you want to get rid of. I tend to hold on to all buildings I get; you never know when they can come in handy.

I doubt they'll allow more than 6 of any kind apart from planetariums and such, so keeping 6 of each should be sufficient.

And though the building contributions are small, they certainly add up. I used to go for variety, but now I only put coin buildings that have the highest per hour rate. I've found that buildings that give an average of 40 per hour or more are considered worthy investments from a coin building standpoint...if they don't cost an arm and a leg to obtain.

With the average per hour, you should keep in mind the space they require. E.g. the bowling earns me 59 per hour but takes 2*2 fields while the pharmacy "only" earns 19 per hour - but on just one field.

Top Bottom