Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Alliance Tasks....I don't get it.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
I have looked at the three alliance tasks that I have been given. They seem impossible to complete in 7 days. I do not understand how the changes made in how Alliances work, is improving Airport City. Am I missing something? Other than 3,000 of every damn item, and 300,000 in fuel. It seems to me that you would need all that and 30 planes with a reserve hanger of 100 slots to complete alliance tasks, within the time limit.

It hardly seems worth it anymore, to even try to grow your alliance. It seems as if it is now impossible to get alliance maps. Maybe I should just go back to working on the adventure maps and launches.

Does GI even KNOW what they are doing anymore? Does anyone understand what GI is doing?

Okay...Stick me with a fork. I'm done. LOL

Generally lower level alliances with lower level member have easier tasks.

My tasks for the week
Dhaka - 42
Barcelona - 38
Sao Paolo - 215

We got two points last week, two points we wouldn't have otherwise been given. Because all of my tasks are doable, my team will likely get 4 points. This is a good way for new alliances to get new points. I agree, I feel that the upper level alliances with upper level members are not being treated fairly.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Hi.

My alliance tasks this week are:

Bali Island -285 flights
Minneapolis - 304 flights
Winnipeg - 1950 flights

My alliance is level 2. Only the Bali Island task might get completed in time, and doing so will use up all 256 of my landing lamps. The Winnipeg task is actually 3900 flights (1950 Winnipeg and 1950 Turkish Coast).

I would not call these EASY tasks by any means. I call these tasks unreasonable and impossible to complete.

I think this is a fault in the AIport City game, not an improvement.

Generally lower level alliances with lower level member have easier tasks.

My tasks for the week
Dhaka - 42
Barcelona - 38
Sao Paolo - 215

We got two points last week, two points we wouldn't have otherwise been given. Because all of my tasks are doable, my team will likely get 4 points. This is a good way for new alliances to get new points. I agree, I feel that the upper level alliances with upper level members are not being treated fairly.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Hi.

My alliance tasks this week are:

Bali Island -285 flights
Minneapolis - 304 flights
Winnipeg - 1950 flights

My alliance is level 2. Only the Bali Island task might get completed in time, and doing so will use up all 256 of my landing lamps. The Winnipeg task is actually 3900 flights (1950 Winnipeg and 1950 Turkish Coast).

I would not call these EASY tasks by any means. I call these tasks unreasonable and impossible to complete.

I think this is a fault in the AIport City game, not an improvement.
is your alliance full? If you are alone in it this alliance? This looks like a goal for more players. According to my understanding, task are generated based on alliance levels and should be approximately evenly distributed among alliance members.

There doesn't see to be any rhyme nor reason to the alliance flights. We are level 9 with 18 members.
My own flights are
Dhaka (powerful propeller driven) 292
Macau (condor) 175
Boston (thunderbird) 525
There are some in my alliance with more flights, some with less. I thought for a while that individual star level might be a factor, but there are those with several stars less than me with the same number of flights.

At least my condors aren't breaking down this week. :D:D:D (love those Macau flights)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I have looked at the three alliance tasks that I have been given. They seem impossible to complete in 7 days. I do not understand how the changes made in how Alliances work, is improving Airport City. Am I missing something? Other than 3,000 of every damn item, and 300,000 in fuel. It seems to me that you would need all that and 30 planes with a reserve hanger of 100 slots to complete alliance tasks, within the time limit.

It hardly seems worth it anymore, to even try to grow your alliance. It seems as if it is now impossible to get alliance maps. Maybe I should just go back to working on the adventure maps and launches.

Does GI even KNOW what they are doing anymore? Does anyone understand what GI is doing?

Okay...Stick me with a fork. I'm done. LOL
Canuck Cowpoke,
GI knows exactly what they are doing. They are betting most of their chips that players will spend real money to buy the fuel, passengers and items necessary to complete these new Alliance tasks.
But they are wrong. These tasks don't improve AC, they just complicate it.
What they don't seem to grasp is that the rewards they offer are fairly worthless. Lots of effort and/or lots of real money to earn poor prizes does not motivate anybody.
I put in a lot of play time to earn one of the three tasks the first week. What did I get? A Bronze chest. Yes, that's the same reward I would get if I came in fourth on a Lunar flight.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Well, they calculate....
Dont blame them, they calculated
Base on the world maps
You know, the world map, where anyone can do thousand flights everyweek.....
Than they average it.....
So base on what all the back up user can do, they implement it to you....
So dont complain, if cheaters can do so can you.....
:p:p:p

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
There doesn't see to be any rhyme nor reason to the alliance flights. We are level 9 with 18 members.
My own flights are
Dhaka (powerful propeller driven) 292
Macau (condor) 175
Boston (thunderbird) 525
There are some in my alliance with more flights, some with less. I thought for a while that individual star level might be a factor, but there are those with several stars less than me with the same number of flights.

At least my condors aren't breaking down this week. :D:D:D (love those Macau flights)
I'm in same level alliance (alliance is full), have same number of flights for 2nd and 3rd task, plus 250 with turboprop. differences in number of flights is based on type of required plane. It's new for all of us, so i'm looking for reasonable explanations and conclusions.

Ask yourself this, how many alliance points were you getting before this new system came in? I bet it wasn't anywhere near 20 per week.

The challenges are not designed to be easy. The new destinations are also not designed to be 3 starred in one week. As time goes by, you'll get those destinations again and you can add more flights then. GI doesn't want people finishing the whole thing in a few weeks, it's a long term mission.

That's a good start. Now if they'll ease back on flight items needed for some of these it might work.

Last week I needed to ask for landing lamps for the first time to complete 219 flights to the Arctic. I finished with a couple days to spare but my alliance isn't going to want to spend the entire week flying for a 30% experience increase while sacrificing QL and adventure map runs.

The good news is someone seems to be listening and making improvements as we go along. I like the challenge of these missions but I don't want to feel like all I'm doing for a week is that

The alliance tasks concept is good and it gives chances for lower level players and lower level alliances to gain points that they would never be able to get at the old system. Don't target yourself or your alliance to complete at 100% - that won't be fun, it will be a chore! Discuss with your teammates and see if it's doable for some of you to do one task per person to reach 10% or 30% for the week. This would give you 2 or 4 points. If it's not doable, then fly your normal route or destinations that drop flight items and save some for next week. Remember, Airport City is a long term game!

My requirement drop significantly from last week. So I guess G! do listen to complain.
Last week:
250 Sao Paulo
219 Tallinn
500 Shanghai

This week:
112 SF
126 Jinquan
286 Santo Domingo

javi

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Javi+ items needed
with the reduced number of flights, the tasks are feasible, at 1-2 of them. the third may be hard, but the purpose is not to do the 3 tasks every week.
I start to like these tasks :cool:

with the reduced number of flights, the tasks are feasible, at 1-2 of them. the third may be hard, but the purpose is not to do the 3 tasks every week.
I start to like these tasks :cool:

That is of course dependent on your fleet. My 1st task has been easily achievable the other two not so much.
I have had a giant task each week which minus the flights I could do regularly would cost 25,560 fuel to finish
which is way more than I personally will ever be able to do. My thunderbird task would add another 14,760 to that
fuel need. So yeah just over 40,000 of extra fuel just is never going to happen for me. Perhaps I need to just take
a massive loss and sell all my larger planes. o_O

Device
  1. Android
The alliance tasks concept is good and it gives chances for lower level players and lower level alliances to gain points that they would never be able to get at the old system. Don't target yourself or your alliance to complete at 100% - that won't be fun, it will be a chore! Discuss with your teammates and see if it's doable for some of you to do one task per person to reach 10% or 30% for the week. This would give you 2 or 4 points. If it's not doable, then fly your normal route or destinations that drop flight items and save some for next week. Remember, Airport City is a long term game!

My requirement drop significantly from last week. So I guess G! do listen to complain.
Last week:
250 Sao Paulo
219 Tallinn
500 Shanghai

This week:
112 SF
126 Jinquan
286 Santo Domingo
But now, 99,99% alliance get only 3 kind of points, 0 or 2 or 4.
Is it fun?
The fun is personal, as you can get point, but the whole picture, higher levels are slowing down, and slower to help with this 0, 2 or 4.
Now, everyone should live with these 0, 2 or 4.

I feel like living in North Korea.

Device
  1. Android
Ask yourself this, how many alliance points were you getting before this new system came in? I bet it wasn't anywhere near 20 per week.

The challenges are not designed to be easy. The new destinations are also not designed to be 3 starred in one week. As time goes by, you'll get those destinations again and you can add more flights then. GI doesn't want people finishing the whole thing in a few weeks, it's a long term mission.
But
I wanna be like Mike.....

But
I wanna be like Mike.....

:LOL:(y)

IMG_2606.JPG

Top Bottom