Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City 7.0 Beta is Out, What's Next

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Only two guest planes to be serviced at the same time is one of the features that we had to settle for now for the same reasons there're just two runways: it all should run in 3D on an average mobile device. Up to 14 planes of your own & 2 guest planes are a significant burden already. Later on, we might get back to having more guest planes being serviced at the same time.

D

Deleted member 9675

I did manage to upgrade to level 3 runway and actually saw the tunnels in action for passenger loading/unloading

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I don't think CBMs would even save the game now. Looks like Update 7.0 is going to be a gigantic, pile on, plane crash.

I was going to say it's been unusually quiet lately, but then I saw this post in the other thread and calmed down. Everything's fine, as usual.
Thanks for everyone's support and kind words!

And here are some more reasons to love us or hate us, depending on your perspective:
  • Shorter flight times for Training Flight, Small Village, Egypt, and Cyprus - already in the Beta
  • Updated parameters for Cottage, Side Wing, Townhouse, Mansion, House with a Pool, Eatery, Grocery Store, Flower Shop (generally they've got better and/or faster returns) - already in the Beta
  • Five new music tracks in an addition to the classic Airport City theme that run about 16 minutes total - coming soon
  • Background sounds when you zoom in on certain key buildings like Town Hall, Terminal, Control Tower, as well as general 'city sound' in the city area - coming soon
  • Last, but not least, important changes to the max. amount of buildings of the same type on the map: upon updating to 7.0 version any buildings above the general limit (that is currently 6 for all building types) will be moved to inventory. This rule, along with a limit of 100 per item type in the warehouse, will enforce the idea of the same rules for everyone going forward (and I kindly remind you here that CBMs were limited time offers like special events or any other offers)
Cheers!
Ivan.

• Last, but not least, important changes to the max. amount of buildings of the same type on the map: upon updating to 7.0 version any buildings above the general limit (that is currently 6 for all building types) will be moved to inventory. This rule, along with a limit of 100 per item type in the warehouse, will enforce the idea of the same rules for everyone going forward (and I kindly remind you here that CBMs were limited time offers like special events or any other offers)
Time to use up those friend in need bonus. Guys your going to lose you 10 planetariums!

Last, but not least, important changes to the max. amount of buildings of the same type on the map: upon updating to 7.0 version any buildings above the general limit (that is currently 6 for all building types) will be moved to inventory. This rule, along with a limit of 100 per item type in the warehouse, will enforce the idea of the same rules for everyone going forward (and I kindly remind you here that CBMs were limited time offers like special events or any other offers)

Wow, it’s getting better and better... Instead of introducing some special bonus (sold for real money, GI should need money to pay devs’ salaries, uh?!) which would allow players to choose one building to increase max number to 10, you’re removing the 10P from player’s, who most probably paid real money to buy 10 Planetariums.
Sometimes I get the feeling one who is implementing recent strategy changes is working for your competitors.

I was going to say it's been unusually quiet lately, but then I saw this post in the other thread and calmed down. Everything's fine, as usual.
Thanks for everyone's support and kind words!

And here are some more reasons to love us or hate us, depending on your perspective:
  • Shorter flight times for Training Flight, Small Village, Egypt, and Cyprus - already in the Beta
  • Updated parameters for Cottage, Side Wing, Townhouse, Mansion, House with a Pool, Eatery, Grocery Store, Flower Shop (generally they've got better and/or faster returns) - already in the Beta
  • Five new music tracks in an addition to the classic Airport City theme that run about 16 minutes total - coming soon
  • Background sounds when you zoom in on certain key buildings like Town Hall, Terminal, Control Tower, as well as general 'city sound' in the city area - coming soon
Cheers!
Ivan.
Consider me kindly reminded that CBMs were a limited time offer but how does that further your objective of making the game fair for all. Players with CBMs have a huge advantage over those that don’t.

Similar to other buildings in the game, why not have CBMs available once a certain game and skill star level is reached.... level 80 and 750 stars seems fair to me.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Consider me kindly reminded that CBMs were a limited time offer but how does that further your objective of making the game fair for all. Players with CBMs have a huge advantage over those that don’t.

Similar to other buildings in the game, why not have CBMs available once a certain game and skill star level is reached.... level 80 and 750 stars seems fair to me.

I would argue that players with lots of money to spend have a huge advantage over those that don't, which is a sad reality not just for free to play games, but our life in general if we substitute 'players' for 'people' here. Limited time offers are limited time offers in our game or in any other game that are available when they're available. They might be back some day, they might not.

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Anyone is happy with this change? 🤣🤣

Please enlighten me why should I be happy for this shorter flight times for these 4 destinations?

Well, this forum is supposedly for all Airport City players, including low level ones, not just the ones who are being rude and in the 150+ star club.
You are welcome.

Sebastian

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Pooley79, Poolex79, 03aszb1j (Poolez79)
Username
Pooley79, Poolex79, Poolez79
Last, but not least, important changes to the max. amount of buildings of the same type on the map: upon updating to 7.0 version any buildings above the general limit (that is currently 6 for all building types) will be moved to inventory. This rule, along with a limit of 100 per item type in the warehouse, will enforce the idea of the same rules for everyone going forward (and I kindly remind you here that CBMs were limited time offers like special events or any other offers)

...unfair I think for long time players.

Its easy.
Every „too much build“ building that will go back to the warehouse is compensated with 100 Greenies.
I think it is a good deal for everyone. Players can buy something else, an G! does not loose angry players who would stop playing.

Its only fair.

Last edited:

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Well, this forum is supposedly for all Airport City players, including low level ones, not just the ones who are being rude and in the 150+ star club.
You are welcome.

I was low level once, and even then the original longer timer was not much a hassle for me.

So I dont see why it will impact the new player that much.

Oh wait, I see it now. They will feel more engaged for the first few days feeling like ooh I can progress fairly easy, spend some money to progress quicker, and ........

Shorter flight times for Training Flight, Small Village, Egypt, and Cyprus - already in the Beta
I'll definitely enjoy flying to these area ad nauseum because these are the only areas AC players fly to.
Five new music tracks in an addition to the classic Airport City theme that run about 16 minutes total - coming soon
I'm sure while listening to these tracks we will be enjoying clicking on eateries every 30s.
I rest my case.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I was low level once, and even then the original longer timer was not much a hassle for me.

So I dont see why it will impact the new player that much.

Oh wait, I see it now. They will feel more engaged for the first few days feeling like ooh I can progress fairly easy, spend some money to progress quicker, and ........

That's what I've heard about video games in general. They start easy and become harder later. It's good we're on the same ground here!

"Last, but not least, important changes to the max. amount of buildings of the same type on the map: upon updating to 7.0 version any buildings above the general limit (that is currently 6 for all building types) will be moved to inventory. This rule, along with a limit of 100 per item type in the warehouse, will enforce the idea of the same rules for everyone going forward (and I kindly remind you here that CBMs were limited time offers like special events or any other offers)"

I kinda saw this one coming in a way unfortunately

Interesting times ahead indeed!!! Wonder how they will deal with pay-back of time and/or dollar spent by the 'old timers' for their 'surplus' buildings legitimately obtained.

Interesting times ahead indeed!!! Wonder how they will deal with pay-back of time and/or dollar spent by the 'old timers' for their 'surplus' buildings legitimately obtained.
With a free MSB2 to get the change of acquiring a planetarium? 🤣 :banghead:
(Sorry, couldn’t resist it)

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW

Unfortunately, I dont think there will be any compensation for spent time/greens/dollars.

It’s been said before although I can’t seem to find the post anymore.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
6 buildings per building type rule was introduced in February, 2015. That's 4,5 years ago — 4,5 years to reap the benefits of having more buildings than anyone else who has joined since then. Seems long enough.

Also, there's a number of players who came from a browser version of Airport City with a profile transfer recently and according to that version's rules there were no limits for certain buildings at all, hence legitimely having tens of Rocket Gardens, for example. Those players did nothing wrong but are reported as cheaters by everyone else on a daily basis. Will our updated rules upset them? Certainly. Will it bring peace of mind for most other players who know they'll be playing on equal terms now? Absolutely.

I didn't say it was an easy decision.

Sebastian

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Pooley79, Poolex79, 03aszb1j (Poolez79)
Username
Pooley79, Poolex79, Poolez79
6 buildings per building type rule was introduced in February, 2015. That's 4,5 years ago — 4,5 years to reap the benefits of having more buildings than anyone else who has joined since then. Seems long enough.

Also, there's a number of players who came from a browser version of Airport City with a profile transfer recently and according to that version's rules there were no limits for certain buildings at all, hence legitimely having tens of Rocket Gardens, for example. Those players did nothing wrong but are reported as cheaters by everyone else on a daily basis. Will our updated rules upset them? Certainly. Will it bring peace of mind for most other players who know they'll be playing on equal terms now? Absolutely.

I didn't say it was an easy decision.

Absolutely agree, and because players who have more than 6 buildings of a type (and nothing did wrong) should be get a compensation for bringing the 6+ buildings into inventory after update.

I think 100 Greens for each building is a fair deal for everyone.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Absolutely agree, and because players who have more than 6 buildings of a type (and nothing did wrong) should be get a compensation for bringing the 6+ buildings into inventory after update.

I think 100 Greens for each building is a fair deal for everyone.
If I sell one my redundant buildings (which I have plenty of), I get a measly amount in coins and have to wait the full re-building time when I replace the sold building with one of my warehouse-buildings. Why should any other situation be rewarded greenies? Let alone 100 each?

Top Bottom