Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Aircraft Repairs

There are no required items in storage. If one of my Delta planes goes into Repairs and I don't have required items, the Speed Up button is available but then it takes me to a screen to show what I'm missing with the option of paying greenies.

With the two planes mentioned previously, the Speed Up button is a greenie button as per http://imgur.com/a/l8mDQ
l8mDQ

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
There are no required items in storage. If one of my Delta planes goes into Repairs and I don't have required items, the Speed Up button is available but then it takes me to a screen to show what I'm missing with the option of paying greenies.

With the two planes mentioned previously, the Speed Up button is a greenie button as per http://imgur.com/a/l8mDQ
l8mDQ
Ah, I understand now. I have never seen that before.
Ialways get the option to speed up and then it takes me to the screen where it shows which item I need to use.

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Woah! So Giants and above, plus any S aircraft need airport cash to repair? I'm getting ready to purchase my first Giant and first S2 plane, so I need to be prepared to pay greenies for repairs? I'm assuming their break-down rates aren't any better than lower-level aircraft?
Or just wait for the timer to get to zero then cost nothing apart from not being able to fly :-(

Woah! So Giants and above, plus any S aircraft need airport cash to repair? I'm getting ready to purchase my first Giant and first S2 plane, so I need to be prepared to pay greenies for repairs? I'm assuming their break-down rates aren't any better than lower-level aircraft?
You only need greenies to speed up the repair. Otherwise, you wait 12 hours. (I think it's 12, it goes up to 24 hours for a Condor)

Tip for people buying their first giant with only one repair slot. Wait until you go to bed before you put it in to get repaired. Hopefully it is in it's own hangar. I finally got my giant its own hangar.
@benfly, what do you mean by its own hangar? That if it is the proper hangar for a giant, then it will be possible to put another plane in the repair base?

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@benfly, what do you mean by its own hangar? That if it is the proper hangar for a giant, then it will be possible to put another plane in the repair base?

Teresa
You need only one hanger made for a giant, you can store your other giants in lower level hangers but loading time is reduced. Each of the planes from powerful delta on should have the same level hangers for all planes of that type.

But since lower level players do not have the coins to both upgrade hangers and planes at the same time. You buy a hanger for the type of plane you have and use the old hangers for others on that level.

example you buy one giant and build the hanger for that type of planes, when you buy other giants you can store them in lower level including the ones for turboprops.

When the loop hole which is being slowly closed, you could have used event hangers to fly out of. It is still possible but very difficult.

I think by the end of this year GI will have eliminated that loop hole and a few of the higher level players will possibly lose between 4 to 8 planes depending on the number of event hangers used.

Basically my giant spent most of the time in the reserve hangar and when it was in use, it was in a level 2 hangar. I didn't use it that much because it takes 12 hours for repair and I didn't want to waste time I could have spent using my turboplane. Since no other planes now use that hangar, no plane will be inconvenienced when my giant needs repaired, like today. It will sit in it's hangar until bedtime, then it will get repaired as I sleep.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Thanks @Cosmic Blue and @benfly123 . I think I got it. My highest level planes are powerful deltas, but I didn't noticed I needed a special hangar to keep it... now I'm planning to buy a jumbo, but it would take me a while... I'd rather update control tower first (to lvl 8), already have half the amount needed :D

It is not a special hanger, hangers are ranked from level 1 to level 7

To get the best use in loading you need to have one level 4 hanger for powerful deltas.
level 5 hanger for jumbo and giant
level 6 for falcon and Thunderbird
level 7 for condor

The same applies to repair base to enable your planes to be repaired, unlike hangers you cannot repair higher level plane in a lower level repair base.

level 4 for powerful deltas
level 5 for jumbo and giant
level 6 for falcon and Thunderbird
Level 7 for condor

The best method is to build up your repair base before buying the higher level plane jumbos and up as the breakdown rate is high and you cannot use repair items only greenies to speed up or time till repair finished. The time required is between 12 - 24 hours.

Top Bottom