Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Your experience with excavation maps

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
Guys, anyone here has good experience with excavation maps? I don't wanna spend 2,000 gold on each map so it seems the only way is to get them from the Map Chest which obviously has a very poor drop rate. Is there any bonus we can use to increase this rate or you think it's worth the investment on buying map from Duke's Airship?

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Me personally, I would never spend greenies on adventure / excavation maps, so yes: Buying them with 2000 coins is the best way imho. For the first collection, this will amount to 10k coins per Duke's visit since you can only buy 5 maps at a time. I used to fly them overnight because they take 6h to complete, and I was building up a steady stash of adventure maps this way.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Guys, anyone here has good experience with excavation maps? I don't wanna spend 2,000 gold on each map so it seems the only way is to get them from the Map Chest which obviously has a very poor drop rate. Is there any bonus we can use to increase this rate or you think it's worth the investment on buying map from Duke's Airship?

There is a user guide on the subject matter

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Experience, Yes.
I’d never buy a map chest, always use gold. The ‘excaction’ maps are like flight items, good for 1 flight.
Dice, GD, Spy Glass, Sky Capt will all increase the chance of a chest dropping when flying these flights.

Reading your post, I’m getting the impression you don’t quite understand how it all works.
AD49EDF3-9A2A-4B18-A55F-CD0073ADB851.jpeg

You need a lot of excavation maps to get the stars (100 flights for Owls, 600 maps for Condors). This will cost you a lot in the long run. As others have suggested, if this seems expensive now, maybe hold off for a while. Buying 5 at a time will take a while to purchase enough to complete stars.
Conducting the map flights should be fairly normal business.
Personally, I don’t bother with bonuses for flying excavation ’maps’, as like many others I do this in slow time.

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
Experience, Yes.
I’d never buy a map chest, always use gold. The ‘excaction’ maps are like flight items, good for 1 flight.
Dice, GD, Spy Glass, Sky Capt will all increase the chance of a chest dropping when flying these flights.

Reading your post, I’m getting the impression you don’t quite understand how it all works.
View attachment 26502

You need a lot of excavation maps to get the stars (100 flights for Owls, 600 maps for Condors). This will cost you a lot in the long run. As others have suggested, if this seems expensive now, maybe hold off for a while. Buying 5 at a time will take a while to purchase enough to complete stars.
Conducting the map flights should be fairly normal business.
Personally, I don’t bother with bonuses for flying excavation ’maps’, as like many others I do this in slow time.

thanks for sharing your experience. At the moment I have 11 aircrafts in my fleet and I've done all regular destinations for Owl to Jumbo. So when I don't participate event I fly them to Excavation destinations.

Instead of spending 2,000 coins on specific destination map I'd fly to a general region (for example "The Ancient World") which once a while will drop a map chest for a destination in this region. My plan is to collect special building not for bonus so I have no rush.

Anyway I've completed all the "general" destinations and sub-destinations are still far to be accomplished. I guess I should take your advice: slow it down and stock the maps first.

so buying is the best way to get the maps
KelviN, buying is the only way to get excavation maps. As @Barkmi4 (Mike) said, excavation maps are flight items.
I also fly excavation maps either overnight or when I’m low on other resources. I don’t use speed ups nor bonuses when I fly those excavation destinations (unless they’re on for some other reason)

Last edited:
actually it can be dropped from regional flights. For example, maps to Vinci, Florence, Valencia, Caprese, Siena can be dropped a map chest from "Excavations: Southern Europe" which map I obtained from watching ads.
Nope. Florence, Valencia , etc are not excavation destinations. They’re adventure destinations

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
actually it can be dropped from regional flights. For example, maps to Vinci, Florence, Valencia, Caprese, Siena can be dropped a map chest from "Excavations: Southern Europe" which map I obtained from watching ads.
The maps you are referring to (Vinci, Florence etc) are usually referred to as Adventure maps on the forum.
Excavations are the single use flight items, and have excavations within the name. I think this is the source of some confusion on this thread.

arghh hahaha I think I misunderstood the label. So yeah, I was talking about adventure destinations. Excavation maps I have no problem cos I always can watch ads.
Well, I never buy adventure maps. Nor spend videos to get excavation maps. I just buy excavation maps every Monday and Thursday from Duke and fly them to get chests.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
And I can tell you that few days ago (after I updated to the 7.11 version with new bonus system), I ran 100 adventure flights to Tollan with SkyCaptain bonus, and I got 16 Obsidian Knives.

I also ran 10 flights Excavations Map: Mesoamerica, got 8 Map Chests. Also with SkyCaptain active.

I fly 10 excavations per day with my videos and speed their return with fuel. I get about 1 drop per day using no bonus. I then do a map run about twice a week after accumulating fuel from gifts and space flights until I get 36 drops from each destination. It took me a couple of months each to get 6 pyramids and 6 Colosseums, now working on the 3rd set.

Top Bottom