Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Would you pay a subscription fee for this?

Would you pay $5 a month for these game features?

• Yes

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 48 69.6%

• Total voters

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Seriously? Why are you worried about competing with others when it comes to your city? What difference does it make? Not much.

Seriously? You think its fair to give advantages to people so they can get higher ratings / rewards in launches and destinations??? It makes a lot of difference to the fairness of the game - although to cheaters and those that want to win at all costs, it will feed their overinflated egos. I bet you want participation ribbons every time you compete at something too. SMH

volly

150+ Star Club
Seriously? You think its fair to give advantages to people so they can get higher ratings / rewards in launches and destinations???
Higher ratings - only you care. Again - can you name who was #1 in ratings 2 years ago without looking it up?? Not trying to make you look stupid, just making a point here - when it comes to ego - ego is only important to the person who has the ego.

It makes a lot of difference to the fairness of the game - although to cheaters and those that want to win at all costs, it will feed their overinflated egos.
I could care less if it feeds their egos. I do not care what they think. Why do you care what they think? Seriously. It is just a game and if they get a higher score or better rewards - so what? You worried they will rub it in your face or something? Let them. All it shows is they think it makes them feel important. The ONLY way they get validated on that importance is if I agree to validate it. Well, I don't so they are made powerless. Its simple - if nobody cares then their ego will starve.

I bet you want participation ribbons every time you compete at something too. SMH
Nope. Don't have any. Couldn't care less about that sort of thing. I don't feel the need to prove myself superior to someone else. If anything, I think of everyone as superior to me in one way or another. In that, I learn.

Relax. Its just a game. So what if they beat you or get a higher stat. Will that actually harm you? no.

Here is something for you to think about - @Toboho - good player and started playing months after I started playing. He has already passed me on leveling up and I play every day. He also does better than me on the game. I'm happy for his success and the fun he has playing. So what he has better stats than me now? It doesn't make me any less of a person or Toboho any better. We are both just gamers who like to play.

You will notice I'm NOT attacking you. I disagree with you. I still think of you superior to me in one way or another and I can learn from you.

Relax, and enjoy the game. Tomorrow is a new day.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Seriously? You think its fair to give advantages to people so they can get higher ratings / rewards in launches and destinations??? It makes a lot of difference to the fairness of the game - although to cheaters and those that want to win at all costs, it will feed their overinflated egos. I bet you want participation ribbons every time you compete at something too. SMH
@Blue Aero - you make a valid point. Then I read your signature (ok, I know you have been playing for at least three years) but 7600 FC, 1600 blankets, 1900 lollipops etc. :arghh: I wish I had that problem - 100 limit is such a massive drawback to those of us playing for less than a year, it makes competing in the Alliance missions a near impossibility. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

GIS may have the best intentions with their "initiatives" but frankly they are missfiring on all cylinders with some of the "initiatives" in the last year. Imposing a 100 item limit on new players, then offering a "subscription service" offering no breakdowns and fair weather.....:stop:

Free2Play - I believe playing your game has become like playing football on a sloped pitch. If you want us to buy some advantages - sell us a removed 100 item limit. ;)

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
@Blue Aero - you make a valid point. Then I read your signature (ok, I know you have been playing for at least three years) but 7600 FC, 1600 blankets, 1900 lollipops etc. :arghh: I wish I had that problem - 100 limit is such a massive drawback to those of us playing for less than a year, it makes competing in the Alliance missions a near impossibility. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

over 12,800 flight catering now. --- I PAID to upgrade my production facilities and to place a limit does not give an incentive to people to upgrade --- they shot themselves in the foot on the 100 item limit - that hurts them as much as it hurts the players. Whoever makes their decisions for them are idiots and have no clue on what they are doing.

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport

GIS may have the best intentions with their "initiatives" but frankly they are missfiring on all cylinders with some of the "initiatives" in the last year. Imposing a 100 item limit on new players, then offering a "subscription service" offering no breakdowns and fair weather.....:stop:

Free2Play - I believe playing your game has become like playing football on a sloped pitch. If you want us to buy some advantages - sell us a removed 100 item limit. ;)
the limit can be lifted

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I am pleased to hear that Ashport has had his handicap removed. @AshPort I wish you well for achieving that.

I raised a support ticket, and asked nicely - they rejected it completely; dismissing it with a “stock answer” (our management team are considering this or something like that). As a competitive Alliance member I am unimpressed with GIS and their 100 limit, so yes I am seriously angry with their attitude. I paid a good number of greenies to upgrade my F.C. and blankets factories - and I have to accept a huge loss of both types of when I am not flying lots of flights using those facilities and if I get an Alliance task requiring using either - my factories cannot keep up after the first 3 or 4 days. I cannot wait to waste more money buying furniture, sweet and pharmaceuticals factories with 100 item limits. :mad:

I am pleased to hear that Ashport has had his handicap removed. @AshPort I wish you well for achieving that.

I raised a support ticket, and asked nicely - they rejected it completely; dismissing it with a “stock answer” (our management team are considering this or something like that). As a competitive Alliance member I am unimpressed with GIS and their 100 limit, so yes I am seriously angry with their attitude. I paid a good number of greenies to upgrade my F.C. and blankets factories - and I have to accept a huge loss of both types of when I am not flying lots of flights using those facilities and if I get an Alliance task requiring using either - my factories cannot keep up after the first 3 or 4 days. I cannot wait to waste more money buying furniture, sweet and pharmaceuticals factories with 100 item limits. :mad:
Hassle them. That's what he did. Alliance, paying, greenies etc. Hassle, hassle, hassle. No one can do it for you!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I do agree that the 100 item limit was single handedly the worst decision ever made by GI in terms of adjustments. I'm glad I started playing before it was imposed, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
As for the competition, I'm with @volly on this one in terms of not caring about the competition. They don't define my city, and has nothing to do with my goals. However, I agree with @Blue Aero in regards to removing cheaters, because even though I may not be gunning for the top spot, I would like to know that if I did actually get 3rd rank fairly, a cheater wont get 1st and knock me down to 4th. I see both points.
Bottom Line: The cheating problem is no easy fix; it will be around for a while. It has little impact on my game, so I dont sweat it. 100 item limit is an easy fix, and it impacts thousands of players. Let's tackle that.

Top Bottom