Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Would you pay a subscription fee for this?

Would you pay $5 a month for these game features?

• Yes

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 48 69.6%

• Total voters

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Subscription services tend to create "Elite" player groups. That usually means "Elite" privileges, i.e. extras that dont necessarily make your gameplay better, just more luxurious. So we are more likely to get privileges like:
  • 24/7 in-game support concierge.
  • Ability to personalise aircraft
  • A special name badge that tells other players you are a subscriber
  • Ability to buy additional coin generating buildings (e.g. a church that pays 100 coins every time someone sends you a gift).
  • Ability to buy special bonuses (e.g. a mobile phone that allows you to converse with 4 other players for 6 hours).
  • Ability to deploy additional Charter Adventure Flights (e.g. buy a beaten up Dakota to fly to Afghanistan to collect a consignment of opium - pays 1,000,000 coins if successfully completed, but with risk of losing all your cash and passenger generating buildings if one of your neighbours tells the DEA what you are up to).
  • Opportunity to buy Shares in other Alliances for Greenies. The value of those greenies increase if that Alliance has a higher ranking that week, or decreases if they have a lower ranking. Player can cash in their Shares at any time after 7 days to get Greenies back.
  • New level of each Aircraft called the S4 Type. Costs lots more gold and silver tokens to buy, but carries half as many passengers for twice the coin generating value.
So there we have it - and of course a new airport lounge called "The First Class Lounge" - its an enormous building - takes up 6x6 airport squares, and pays 500,000 coins - but only once a month!

volly

150+ Star Club
i can now pay $14.99 for 96 greenies
but i think i could consider $5 month for a collection of 1 greenie per day, similar greenie cost, and no loss of videos too

great discussion though

on another game i pay $7.99 per month for token, 100 all up getting them 3 per day and 10 at purchase
that game i get 30 videos per day
Why are you doing that? Wait for a sale and get 336 for 29.99 .

Finlayson

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
GoHawks
Username
B.Finlayson
Select your quest item?

I have several collections that are lacking only a single item. Getting to select an Iceland Crest, for example, would allow me to collect a Spyglass. If I could make one selection per week it would feel that I can make good progress in the game and have at least the appearance of control.

Also would like in-game communication

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
I will not pay a subscription fee. If they are going to players who have money more advantage than they already have, then where is the fairness for the others?

If GI increased the drop rates for flights, I would be more inclined to spend money on greenies --- and what is this about the drop rate for trees? I've chopped down 10,000 trees (at least) and only have two collections completed. I no longer chop trees. People are more inclined to pay money if they get rewarded --- the drop rates are so dismal that I will not throw good money at it hoping to finish a collection. I used a sky captain bonus the other day and had fewer drops than I did before or after it was active.

When the game is fun and I'm seeing results, I spend money on greenies --- if I don't see results, I spend nothing. I do not trust GI to give them money every month with the hopes they will improve the satisfaction of playing the game. Their lack of income and desperation of getting people to spend greenies by decreasing drop rates / awards does not work - people spend money if they get results (like planetarium drop rate) I have spent a LOT of money on this game - and then GI changes the rules making the items I gladly spent money on nearly worthless and I will not fall for it again (IE: the money I spent on planetariums for one) The first year I played this game I spent $720. purchasing greenies ($30. every two weeks = $60. / month or $720. a year) Back when I was spending money on the game, the drop rates were decent - now they are so horrible I won't pay money to play.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I think the subscription service could be a good idea, but the Gold service offersPerfect weather conditions and zero chance of a breakdown - part of the challenge/fun is overcoming problems like you would in the real world -throwing money at your problems does not solve them, and makes gameplay worse.

Now what about removing my 100 item limit GIS? That would be real progress.

Top Bottom