Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - November 7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5399

Okay I left off @wydaho cath as I gifted 2 rounds on Monday.
Bed early last night so didn't catch the reset.
Picking up now where I left off later Monday night starting in night flyer1

TbombToronto

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wstqxer
Username
Tbomb
Hey Everyone, I haven't been receiving or been able to send any gifts for the last two days for some reason. Looks like it is now working so I am flooded with gifts! Will be doing my best to catch up today and tonight!

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
w3itnf6
Username
DAVID_TOAD
Many thanks @wydaho for the cooling chamber - my 4th Flight Catering Facility is now complete, and hopefully I will no longer have to resort to scrounging meals of this group!!

Currently now saving up my 400000 coins to upgrade my mission control centre, so will start pestering everyone for antennas of various types soon.

Best Regards

Dave

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Flights to Giza are only getting me slabs! ugh And everytime I speed up my Giant it breaks, what a worthless plane.

The giants can really be a pain. The breakdown rate definitely seems off though doing the last couple events I
noticed an uptick in breakdowns on smaller planes as well. When I originally went through the smaller plane destinations
the breakdowns were noticeably less. Then they pushed out falcons and thunderbirds and it seems the rate was changed
for all of them. Of course they deny this as well as some players for some reason.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me
Username
Snow: Item Needed
Checking in since I haven't posted in a while :D

Just in case anyone needs it, I can now gift a Hardness Tester from Snow. The game seems to think I'm up to Repair Base Level 6 (even though I didn't upgrade it) and gave me the mission and new gift item when I levelled up to 50 o_O

I haven't seen it being requested in anyone's siggy, but if you guys want it let me know (y)

...also gifts are out. Thanks for all the incoming gifts :love:

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I am beginning to think that completion of the current event is looking unlikely. Having lost the last event due to a 5 day communication outage by by my telecom company - I decided to try again with this one. However critical to gaining enough necessary items to complete collections, are visits to tombs and therefore the usage of posessed passengers - however I can only seem to find one destination that uses these within the range of aircraft at my disposal. These are Turbo Prop flights to Dahshur. At the start of the exercise I was flying mostly jumbos plus one Giant and one of the new Thunderbirds. Having fairly quickly built 5 tombs I found none of my available destinations used posessed passengers - so I ended up purchasing two turbo props which required me to put one of my Jumbos into reserve hanger and then sell one of my larger aircraft at a loss, to create hanger space. Even if I maximise flying time - and it is difficult for me to access the game more than three times a day at the moment, I am only using about 114 posessed passengers a day and with my terminal at capacity with them now that is only 6 visits a day to tombs which in any event seem to have a slow drop rate of essential items. Am I missing a flight destination that will use several hundred posessed passengers a flight and if so what aircraft (I don't yet have capacity to fly Falcons) All the jumbo flights to their haunted destination use normal passengers only, as did the giant and Thunderbird ones. With only 3 days to go and with 11 collections left to complete it is beginning to look impossible without spending a fortune in $$ on Bonuses or selling an replacing most of my existing fleet with aircraft I wont need after the even. Any ideas guys or should I just abandon this and cut my losses

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
Visiting neighbor museums don't seem to count for me.
although I completed the two museum quests it was only bu spending airport cash to speed up the process - at first I mistakenly thought that "historical museums" encompassed all types of museum (inc aircraft and natural history) since all museums are by their very nature "historical". They should have been specific with "History Museums" and not "historical". I also found visiting neighbours museums both fruitless and counter productive because it prevents me collecting space items to maintain the fuel stocks that I need.

@gbswales no you are not missing a destination for the possessed, Dahshur is the only one.
It is definitely a catch 22. I had to just let them empty out quite a bit then used a spyglass when
I had free time to collect all 6 vaults during the bonus for 30 clicks total. I did that twice along with
constant flying of 5 turbo props. They really seem to be upping the difficulty for events though this
one wasn't quite as bad as the last.

wkndcmpr

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
032gofkw
Username
Wknd- item needed
I have been flying 4 turbo props non stop many hours a day, using large amounts of fuel and am currently at 1/2/3 of completed collections. drops are very rare and most of the drops I do get are duplicate items. 3 days to go will not be enough time for me either. This will be the 2nd event in a row i will not finish, not from lack of trying for sure.
I refuse to spend real $$ on this game just to complete an event.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Username
gbs
seems I am not alone then - it is quite unfair of them to put such dependence on one type of aircraft like this as most of us keep no more than one of each older aircraft for occasional map collecting etc. When I have maximum stars and have completed all the maps for one aircraft then I would generally retire it completely rather than spend $$ on additional slots for storage. Before the last one I usually ignored all the quests though that does mean that I haven't managed to amass the collection of special and interesting buildings I saw on other sites. The last quest made its presence felt in a big way so I decided to give it a go at the five day point I was seeing a sudden improvement of drop rates and was looking like I might complete it but thanks to british telecom I never got the chance with the telephone and internet outage I suffered for 5 days. I guess this is what made me try again, well that and the fact that I am finding my general gameplay motivation flagging a bit.- Some days running the airport feels like a chore that I have to find time for and that is not what I feel I should get out of a game. If the incentives they provide become too difficult (or expensive) then it makes me wonder how much longer I will continue. Finding another non-competitive, uncomplicated yet high calibre game with a good community like this one is proving difficult however

D

Deleted member 5399

Gifting for Thursday November 10th
night flyer1............ From @Kris AKA Okie to @Cath 1 O/B no jack
Will resume from there in night flyer2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom