Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - November 7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flew 4 turbos and 3 Deltas, completing 3 stars in both Giza and Cerveteri. I had the best drop rates during the first 2 days of the events with Giza and was quickly able to build vaults. This resulted in the catch 22 game of vaults not dropping, terminal full of possessed, but no straitjackets. Luckily good neighbors ;) and the side quest has helped in that area. Using spyglass does help drop rate. (When you first wake, load game, start bonus, click planes, send them out, click vaults, perhaps rush a couple). After the patch that changed the landing lamps not required to fly to Giza, it basically only dropped slabs. Cerveteri proved to be the destination to complete that part of the quest, luckily I had been saving up beacons, couldn't have done it without my stash.
Having finished all parts of the event now, I am leaving it open until I complete the last star of Dahshur. Please do not send me any more event items, I have plenty of everything.

I wish everyone good luck in drops and please let me know if you'd prefer any specific items from me via pm or tag.

Hope everyone has a great day and hopefully you are with me in enjoying a 3-day weekend with Veterans Day this Friday. :D

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
204zj1df
Username
a jim s
I am beginning to think that completion of the current event is looking unlikely. Having lost the last event due to a 5 day communication outage by by my telecom company - I decided to try again with this one. However critical to gaining enough necessary items to complete collections, are visits to tombs and therefore the usage of posessed passengers - however I can only seem to find one destination that uses these within the range of aircraft at my disposal. These are Turbo Prop flights to Dahshur. At the start of the exercise I was flying mostly jumbos plus one Giant and one of the new Thunderbirds. Having fairly quickly built 5 tombs I found none of my available destinations used posessed passengers - so I ended up purchasing two turbo props which required me to put one of my Jumbos into reserve hanger and then sell one of my larger aircraft at a loss, to create hanger space. Even if I maximise flying time - and it is difficult for me to access the game more than three times a day at the moment, I am only using about 114 posessed passengers a day and with my terminal at capacity with them now that is only 6 visits a day to tombs which in any event seem to have a slow drop rate of essential items. Am I missing a flight destination that will use several hundred posessed passengers a flight and if so what aircraft (I don't yet have capacity to fly Falcons) All the jumbo flights to their haunted destination use normal passengers only, as did the giant and Thunderbird ones. With only 3 days to go and with 11 collections left to complete it is beginning to look impossible without spending a fortune in $$ on Bonuses or selling an replacing most of my existing fleet with aircraft I wont need after the even. Any ideas guys or should I just abandon this and cut my losses
I just collect the possessed and right then use the straight jackets I have acquired to fly Dashur and burn up fuel until I run out of jackets or possessed.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
If only it could be Christmas every day until Dec 25th!

Does anyone know if a spyglass works on buildings\(i.e.: vaults) as well as flights? - may have to use some of those 10 greenies to get one on the last day!!!

In my experience, not really. I got 1 item from the vaults besides Strait Jackets. (Which are virtually every click.)

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift
If only it could be Christmas every day until Dec 25th!

Does anyone know if a spyglass works on buildings\(i.e.: vaults) as well as flights? - may have to use some of those 10 greenies to get one on the last day!!!
Spyglass worked on the vaults for me. I got a straitjacket every click (without was about every third click). My first spyglass gave me 7 items from 4 vaults/20 clicks. The second spyglass gave me 8 items from 6 vaults/30 clicks. I just built those extra vaults because I had so many slabs in the warehouse. Without the spyglass I was getting 1 or 2 items per day. My sister, on the other hand, says that a spyglass made no noticeable difference for her and she didn't even get an large increase in straitjackets.

Wish the bonuses ran for 6 hours and 1 minute.

Thanks @Ten33go and @skiv - I hate wasting greenies, so will wait until the last day. My event score is 4,2,5 - but the fifth Ancient Ritual only needs 1 item, and for the last 3 Whispers in the Walls, I have enough of 3 items, just need 5 items to drop from the vaults across three days! - fingers (and everything else) crossed.

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift
Send an invite to you @skiv i can help you with some optical systems ;)
Thanks Peter! I've sent you an invite from my fuel account (skiv-no-gifts) so that I can send fuel-20.

To my other friends and neighbours - I've finished the event and now have enough Oscillating Beacons to get my three Cerveteri stars. I'm going to settle for two stars for Dahshur - just can't do 150 more flights there. So now I'm concentrating on getting any remaining stars before I sell those extra TurboProps I bought and also doing my first Adventure Map flights. I've read the forum guides and have made a plan but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I've changed my name to request Landing Lamps (for those final TurboProp stars) but would appreciate anything anyone wishes to send.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me
Username
Snow: Item Needed
Just realised I don't actually have everything required for Town Hall 6, so could I get 4 Calculators and 2 Cash Counters from my neighbours please :love:

D

Deleted member 5399

I sort of, kind of, flubbed on the gifting today.
I know I sent out gifts this morning and finished with @wydaho cath.
However where tooth used to be that was yanked, hurt like the dickens this morning, making much of my head hurt as well.
So I popped some pain med and when came to, it was just about dinner time, and just sat down for a moment to add some land to my airport side in nigh flyer1, and do some shifting around.
I got so caught up in doing that, I forgot to log into night flyer2 and finish gifting. Before I knew it, the clock reset, so I started off with @wydaho cath and finished with @Cosmic Blue AKA yar.
Actually that's probably a good thing as there are some lol neighbors who still insist on having special characters like ' " @ or others before their usernames; putting them so far at the bottom of my neighbor list, that even those neighbors, whose language I do not speak, write, or know how to type a letter backwards, are still higher on the neighbor list than @yenta613 @Laosge or @Starry.
Thus I managed to finish those above @wydaho Cath and make it to @Cosmic Blue where I can now pick up from the letter y and work my way to the top in night flyer2 city.
Sorry but the pain got the best of me, and so did the hammer that knocked me out cold.

Comet18

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Comet18
Count me among the crew who is not very fond of events. I play with my few spare minutes a day. It seems to win an event; this game must fill the hours of a full time job. I don't consider that commitment very fun. Just my thoughts. I have a slim chance of completing this event unless items start dropping like pouring rain; and that won't happen, as Giza is in the desert.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
204zj1df
Username
a jim s
gifts out for the next 36 or so hours.

Final completion of the event appears out of the question for me. Then again, I never have succeeded in completing any event.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20shiqz9
Username
joeyzee
Hi All;

So far at level 15 after blowing up a couple of times. Seemed to have missed some items for upgrades as I learn this game. Am will to take advice and/or trade for items!

Have figured out a couple of things - ignore the terminal capacity and just keep adding passengers (doesn't seem to matter if I have 75 or 45 for 45 capacity). Similarly, I keep making fuel and doesn't seem to mater if I have 55 or 85 units. They get all used eventually...

Playing on Windows PC (W-10)
Username/Friend Code: Joeyzee/20shiqz9
In-Game Name: not sure....see above

Items Required:
- seashell from Cyprus (somehow missed collecting all those before I got rid of the powerful propeller plane
- 5 cigar boxes from Egypt (same comment as above)
- Control Tower level 2: Dispatcher console and projector. Could use this to build 4th hangar (currently only 3) and collect 2 above
- Flight School: textbook (x2), flight helmet (x2), flight goggles (x2)
- Airship dock: rope block (x2), sandbag (x2)

Items You Can Send:
- have lots of Cockpit Glass (7), Empennage (9), generators (2), light engines (12), turbine (4)

All new to me, so forgive my newby-ish post and ignorance. Any help appreciated. Advice too, as I am not putting "real" money into this.
J

Comet18

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Comet18
Hi All;

So far at level 15 after blowing up a couple of times. Seemed to have missed some items for upgrades as I learn this game. Am will to take advice and/or trade for items!

Have figured out a couple of things - ignore the terminal capacity and just keep adding passengers (doesn't seem to matter if I have 75 or 45 for 45 capacity). Similarly, I keep making fuel and doesn't seem to mater if I have 55 or 85 units. They get all used eventually...

Playing on Windows PC (W-10)
Username/Friend Code: Joeyzee/20shiqz9
In-Game Name: not sure....see above

Items Required:
- seashell from Cyprus (somehow missed collecting all those before I got rid of the powerful propeller plane
- 5 cigar boxes from Egypt (same comment as above)
- Control Tower level 2: Dispatcher console and projector. Could use this to build 4th hangar (currently only 3) and collect 2 above
- Flight School: textbook (x2), flight helmet (x2), flight goggles (x2)
- Airship dock: rope block (x2), sandbag (x2)

Items You Can Send:
- have lots of Cockpit Glass (7), Empennage (9), generators (2), light engines (12), turbine (4)

All new to me, so forgive my newby-ish post and ignorance. Any help appreciated. Advice too, as I am not putting "real" money into this.
J

I sent you an invite;please accept. I don't have many of your current needs but will continue watching your signature. keep it up to date and make post something every few days.
Someday you will have to buy the plane and fly to cyprus and egypt. We can not gift those items. I don't think there is any need to rush filling those if you are past them (my opinion, everyone plays differently). Every weekend and sometimes in between watch for codes to enter in the game for good freebies. @Mike47 posted one today *dinofun404* .enter that as if a friend request in the game including the stars, you'll get 10 greenies. This one is rare and special but nearly every Friday there is a weekend code for a few greenies and some coin. watch for it.
One advise. Never upgrade your repair base until you have all the items needed to complete it. You will not be able to repair any planes until you complete it with all the items, and rest assured, every plane will land needing repairs. Also, before you buy a plane, make sure you have the structures it will need - correct repair base level, correct runway and correct hanger. It's not fun to have a shiny new plane and no runway suitable for takeoff. That's all for now. Welcome aboard. Ten33 will post a standard group welcome with a lot of useful info. And the forum has several help areas and never be afraid to ask. Someone is always happy to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom