Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - August 22, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatHappenedNow

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
see signature
Username
WHN or WHN2
Well both of my games updated and I lost 10 hours of progress (fuel, flights time, passenger refresh) and I lost all of my neighbors except 2-3.

I'm not sure backups will work any more. It seemed to re-load profile from the network upon first load after update. Maybe the trick is to remove network connection prior to opening game on new version the first time.

GI is the worst company at rolling out software upgrades. Did anyone's neighbor list make the jump to the new version?

I also now have P10 instead of F20 on both accounts!!! That is enough right there for me to quit!!!

Don't expect any gifts since I have virtually no neighbors except gamerader.

Also my friend code in games shows as "Temporary unavailable". But I accepted a new invite from gamerader2 on whn2 so maybe my old code works?

Well both of my games updated and I lost 10 hours of progress (fuel, flights time, passenger refresh) and I lost all of my neighbors except 2-3.

I'm not sure backups will work any more. It seemed to re-load profile from the network upon first load after update. Maybe the trick is to remove network connection prior to opening game on new version the first time.

GI is the worst company at rolling out software upgrades. Did anyone's neighbor list make the jump to the new version?

I also now have P10 instead of F20 on both accounts!!! That is enough right there for me to quit!!!

Don't expect any gifts since I have virtually no neighbors except gamerader.
sent invites from gameradar2

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Agree - I am very, very nervous, and have just taken a backup in case!!! - may not work after n upgrade, but in case of a "roll-back" or restore of the old version!

DAILY INSTRUCTIONS
1) Open file explorer, click on the view tab and just to the right of the header ensure the box, Hidden files or items is checked.
2) You can manually save the game each day if you feel comfortable with that, by going to: This PC. Click on C/users/username/AppData/Local/Packages/xxxxxxAirportCityxxxxx/LocalState
3) In this folder there is a SaveProfile.bin file. Copy and paste it, preferably on another drive, SDCard, Thumb drive, but not on the same drive you are using for OS. Note that again unless the hidden items box is not checked under the view tab, a user cannot see the AppData folder. (I also do this with playerpref.dat)
4) If you save a shortcut on your desktop, it is eveen easier.
RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS
1) If your game should happen to crash and revert back to level 1, all you need to do is get the game to level 5 first, close the game and the LocalState folder is created along with the first SaveProfile.bin file.
2) Go to where you saved your own bin file earlier, copy it and paste it into the LocalState folder, replacing the one already there.
3) Open the game once again and you should be right where you left off.
NOTE/WARNING
Some players can use this technique to cheat. It works for me as purely a back up for lost games, and is only recommended in that context.

I lost infrared cameras in the update :( and lost you as neighbor - along with 2/3 of my neighbors. I'm not liking this at all

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me
Username
Snow: Item Needed
Woahh game update!
I went from 44 neighbours to 2 (only gameradar and Brickhouse managed to stay in my list (y)), and got a new neighbour that I have no idea who it is. Anyone know who "sob-mihail" (level 26) is?

@david smith - accepted your gameradar2 request
Anyone know who "Server Rack left" (level 16) is?

Gifting list changed significantly - like most people my Fuel 20 became Passenger 10, so no more Fuel 20 from me it seems :notworthy:

spearman78

150+ Star Club
Comeback Flyers
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0477AFB5P
Username
spearman78
A few words of advice about this update:
Having two Android games that have been updated for a couple of weeks, beta some things to look out for:

1. Your gifting list will change, so hey ready to change your signatures.
2. You're going to "lose" neighbors temporarily. Once your neighbors update their games, they SHOULD appear back on your last. On that note, you can now readd a neighbor that was previously deleted.
3. Yes, the display is HUGE, but thankfully can be zoomed.
4. Apparently Windows players will FINALLY be able to exchange gifts with Android and iOS players. My Windows game is receiving gifts from my Android games; I'll confirm that the opposite works when my gifting cycle resets. I'll try a cross platform launch as well.
4. Thanks to #3, we may see a ton of friend requests happening.
5. This didn't happen on either of my Android games, but it happened in Windows...you might lose some progress and have your friend code changed.
6. Send in return no longer works for items you used to have, like level 7 and up items for Control Tower, Terminla and Town Hall.

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
@Brickhouse - Depends on how you have your updates configured, though one person had it manually, and it updated his games anyway.

Btw, did you receive the Cash Counter I just sent from Ten?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom