Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What is your airplane fleet and strategy

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
In the early stages I had various types of planes - but for some specific tasks it is better to have same type of planes (adventure or any special destination plights). Also you should adopt your fleet based on amount of passengers/fuel to have most efficient fleet.
For Events - maybe it is better to have different kinds of planes.
At later timepoint of the game - it's easier to switch the type of plane (as coins don't have same value as in early days of the game).

Right now, I have one turboprop in storage, one delta flying to Nice for stars and 5 jet completing for stars as well. I had planned to switch to delta/powerful delta as soon as jet flights are completed but I noticed some people had a different strategy so let's hear what is your system and your fleet.

My new support game "b5li" is at Level 41, with 6 hangars, 3 Deltas + 2 Jets + 1 Powerful Delta + (2 Jets in the Reserve Hangar), so it is probably similar to what you are planning to do.
  • Before you upgrade to a Powerful Delta, make sure you have upgraded to Terminal Level 6 (520 passengers), otherwise you won't have enough passengers for P. Delta planes(280).
  • You should also build 2 or 3 Catering Facilities, as most Delta / Powerful Delta flights require Catering (I'm building my 2nd Catering Facility because I just found out I ran out of Catering pretty fast).
Do you really need to upgrade Town Hall Level 6? It cost a lot of coins to upgrade. I'm still at Town Hall Level 4, but I've skipped building Duty Free, Baggage Hall, Opera Theatre, Private Clinic, so I am still at 469/500 population.

Oh, and you might want to invest in extra slots in your reserve hangar. Turboprops are cheap enough to sell, but Jets you may want to keep if you are going to do the Roman Holiday Excavation flights / Outer Limits collection in the near future.

I will add your game later tonight, please check your incoming request.

Last edited:

captain_jack

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
fox /item
This is my current fleet:
fleet.png
(+ 2 jets in reserve)

Now I'm trying to reach 3 stars in all Delta destinations as soon as possible and then focus on excavation flights (and also waiting for new event - don't know what types of planes will be needed, but I think all).

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Right now, I have one turboprop in storage, one delta flying to Nice for stars and 5 jet completing for stars as well. I had planned to switch to delta/powerful delta as soon as jet flights are completed but I noticed some people had a different strategy so let's hear what is your system and your fleet.

As said above there are a few factors to consider - depending on what type of passenger buildings and terminal storage among just the few. Depends on what you are wanting to do with the game - if it's star collecting then maybe upgrade 1 or 2 of your jets to a Delta but keep some smaller planes for future events and also to fly to Cape Canaveral and North Observatory (for coins / completed space collections / launch ready chests for future launch fuel).

The thing I see quite often is people who upgrade too fast - and as Bali has said you run out of catering quite quickly with too many big planes (been there myself), the game is not meant to be completed in a few months - it will take years, enjoy and savour it.

For reference - I only really fly my 6 Giants as I am collecting stars between quests, but my fleet is 1 x Falcon, 6 x Giants, 3 x Jumbos, 2 x Powerful Deltas and 6 x Turboprops (in event hangers which is a now fixed bug - I fly these to Turkish Coast for landing lamps when I have extra fuel)

@Bali Hi I accepted both your two games requests. Feel free to make suggestions ;)

My terminal is already at level 5 (did the upgrade very recently). I was going for the town hall but your comment made me wonder if it's better to upgrade another building ? Like control tower to have a extra hangar ?

I would rather upgrade the Control Tower than the Town Hall. Extra hangar is always welcome.

Since you already have a Red Launch Pad, it would be quite easy to do launches & collect silver tokens, then you can buy a Grand Hotel (300 population) instead of upgrading the Town Hall.

Build another Catering Facility (80,000 coins) since you only have one at the moment. 2 Flight Catering per day is not enough to keep your Deltas / Powerful Deltas / Jumbos flying!

@Jgm85 You are right, I'm not really in a hurry to upgrade planes since right now, I'm collecting stars in all my jet flights (I have all the stars in turboprop so mine is stored). My main thing I worry is about how to feed passenger with powerful delta/jumbo/giant so I take things slowly.

At first, when I gain levels, I get new cities and the further I level, the further I noticed I was way behind in terms of required stars so I had to change my strategy and concentrate on mastering every city. I also managed to get 3 stars for Cambridge and Sorbonne and 1 star for Stanford before the event run out.

The way the game is created is really pressuring people to go too fast, especially with events which require to get item X from city Y. Each new level add 1-2 more so I learned to ignore them. Right now, I'm trying to find a very efficient way to play the game by riding it instead to trying to beat the progress.

@Bali Hi Thanks, I'll modify my sig to gather the right items and Ignore the town hall for now. I totally forgot about Grand Hotel. I will build another flight catering building

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
My approach: "steamroll over it and never look back"
All planes of same type. Grind every destination one by one until 3 starred. When all destinations are 3 starred, sell all planes and move on to next type. Ignore quests, unless they're trivial.
When event is on then first grind the flight that matches your current fleet and build all necessary event buildings, then stash part of the fleet and buy/swap few planes to another model and grind that other destination to 3 stars as well.
Gather materials to upgrade Repair Base, so when you need the upgrade you can just click and be done with it.
Get 6 Catering Facilities while at Delta. Get 6 Laundries when at Jumbo.
The only really important building to upgrade is Control Tower. In fact now, when you can't use event hangars, I would try to get Tower material from neighbors and skip a type whenever possible. When not possible, move to next type as soon as you get the according Tower level.

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
When I started to play I used to fly with differents plane to different destinations but now have a different startegy. I decided to fly jets to all destinations before change to delta and build 3/4 flight catering buildings during this time. When I finished to fly all destinations for jets (normal, adventure and space destinations) I had almost all Catering (including gifted catering) I need to delta and powerful delta destinations. Yes! Spent a long time to finish with event quests, game bugs and a little break.
The same plan I'm using with Blanket, Lollipop and Beds
Today I have 12 jumbos flying to space and adventure destinations with all Blankets and 1/3 of lollipop that I need to normal destinations. The same I used to ask my good neighbors for flyght item.
Note: I'm thinking before finish all adventure and spacial destinations with jumbos fly some alliance destinations but I haven't all Beacons and maps I need.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Great topic! As some mentioned it depends on what you want to do...
I had no idea of excavation flights until 3 months ago, so started them. Then it occurred to me just how much work and airport land it would take! My poor little 1gig ram tablet will barely handle the size my airport is now so that's off the table for me. My tablet freezes with between 5 to 10 MB in memory so I have to close out, empty cache and go back in just to play.
So now, my strategy is to use the smaller planes for beacons and space items and others to complete collections. I found out the hard way about getting my 6 catering just to run 4 powerful deltas at once!

Last edited:

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Well, @Xilikon , here goes!

I started out grinding stars chronologically per plane type. Flying each destination as it came, stopping when three stars were attained and upgrading the fleet when necessary (became really expensive: 10 jumbos is 540k in coins on top of upgrading terminal, control tower, buying passenger buildings of more than 500k a pop...).

Now I fly a mixed batch consisting of 6 jumbos, 4 giants and 2 falcons (in reserve for now). The giants and falcons are S1 and S2 because they were still cheap before the update :LOL:. Still three-starring each destination as it comes per plane type. Sometimes I keep flying a destination for a while to get ranked ( :shifty: a non-issue before the update), to get interesting items (Plesetsk, the Observatories, Cape Canaveral...) or to get rewards unique to said destination (alpine house, mexican restaurant, sauna...).

The reason for this layout is simple: I can send my fleet up twice a day, more when I have more time. My city has the facilities to cope with my playing style: I will never run out of flight catering, blankets or lollipops if I keep on flying as I fly now. My passenger buildings yield at the right times to keep my terminal full, even leaving room for extra flights. I do space launches to get that extra fuel 150 or 300 to keep it all going. Keeping the same set of planes in the air also gives me a decent base passenger count for alliance work...

I still have to do all the excavations and other time-based maps/destinations. If and when I can find the time... :)(y)

Last edited:
Top Bottom