Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What i need from my neighbors

zica

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
AZica
Hi..because one of my friends from forum advised me to write what i need in my game name because it is hard to check every day in the signature of each 20 neighbors you want to give what they need..... i made this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11V9qBtPwfIgsuUhFjQiRylGISLrgiiec8zfeUxckHkc/edit?usp=sharing

anyone can complete 5 items or more, what they really need and will update immediately..it will be easy for everyone to give what really needs the neighbor...

What do you think about this @Captain WH Rollins , @Harcourt ,@Speed @benfly123 @david smith, @Robobobo888 , @Bob69bob @Davescharf @Pit1024 @TeresaLisboa a.s.o. ?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
What do you think about this
Honestly my initial reaction was "Oh hell no!" because I imagined if it caught on then I would be asked to go update a separate spreadsheet maintained by every person that I trade with...

But then I thought about it a little more and realized that if lots of my trading partners update a single shared spreadsheet (started by @zica ) then I could go there and see for multiple people all in one central place what items they want. And I realized how much more awesome that would be than checking all their separate signatures and game names.

So now I'm hoping that this catches on, but not with every person keeping a separate spreadsheet.

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
Hi..because one of my friends from forum advised me to write what i need in my game name because it is hard to check every day in the signature of each 20 neighbors you want to give what they need..... i made this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11V9qBtPwfIgsuUhFjQiRylGISLrgiiec8zfeUxckHkc/edit?usp=sharing

anyone can complete 5 items or more, what they really need and will update immediately..it will be easy for everyone to give what really needs the neighbor...

What do you think about this @Captain WH Rollins , @Harcourt ,@Speed @benfly123 @david smith, @Robobobo888 , @Bob69bob @Davescharf @Pit1024 @TeresaLisboa a.s.o. ?
you champ

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20t569fm
Username
Eilonwy92

I requested you as a friend...

zica

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
AZica
I'm not sure about this
If you have lots of people in that sheet, wouldn't it become difficult to find someone?
And I can't manage to update it either. Perhaps it's because I'm trying to do it on my iPad.
I'll try tomorrow on a PC
you can use a CTRL+H to find the name in spreadsheet....

zica

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
AZica
I put mine in order according to your level.
Wireless compass - not at level 41 - then flight catering - not at level 20 then-....
it is not only for me..it is for everybody....everybody can see what you need and update their needs and you coud see there what your neighbors need....one spreadsheet for all...not 20 signatures to check...

This is interesting.. Are you trying to have this for everyone in the forum? or trying to build a trade group of 20 people? This will be very useful to find what your neighbors need. But maybe not good for building items? (since you may get more than enough gifts for one item..)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
  4. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for code
Username
Speed

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Thanks @zica for creating this spreadsheet. It is much appreciated that you are trying to simplify, yet allow us to all fulfill our needs.

I tend to gift by the usernames that include the needed item first and then look at signatures in the forum for those who only provide their username without needs. I like this concept because we all need mutliple types of items than what the character allowance provides in our username. However, I am skeptical to this causing more work for myself. Maybe, this will work better for others who tend to look at all signatures before gifting. Now, I'm willing to give it a try since you created it to help all of us. But, I still have a couple of questions @zica .

Can multiple users use it at the same time? If so, what happens if more than one user saves the info at the same time or does it auto save periodically?

Thanks again!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
Can multiple users use it at the same time? If so, what happens if more than one user saves the info at the same time or does it auto save periodically?
Google Sheets is constantly saving as changes are made. If you're looking at it at the same time someone is editing you can actually see it change!

Amusing story, I had a coworker who preferred to read by highlighting each bit of text about a dozen words at a time with her mouse as she read it. So when we were on a teleconference discussing a Google document, we could tell exactly what part she was reading (and how fast!) based on what she was highlighting at any given moment. Good thing that there weren't a bunch of us with the identical habit, because that would be quite a confusing muddle to look at!:ROFLMAO:

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Google Sheets is constantly saving as changes are made. If you're looking at it at the same time someone is editing you can actually see it change!

Amusing story, I had a coworker who preferred to read by highlighting each bit of text about a dozen words at a time with her mouse as she read it. So when we were on a teleconference discussing a Google document, we could tell exactly what part she was reading (and how fast!) based on what she was highlighting at any given moment. Good thing that there weren't a bunch of us with the identical habit, because that would be quite a confusing muddle to look at!:ROFLMAO:
:LOL:Thanks. It's been a while since Imused google docs and had forgotten until I exactly what you said happened while I was inputting my info. Funny I had an experience at work where a coworker kept putting the cursor in blank fields that others were trying to use. She would leave it there while doing something else and we always had to contact her so we could have access to that blocked field.

zica

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
AZica
This is interesting.. Are you trying to have this for everyone in the forum? or trying to build a trade group of 20 people? This will be very useful to find what your neighbors need. But maybe not good for building items? (since you may get more than enough gifts for one item..)
i want to be for everyone...if i have there a part of my neighbors it will be easy for me to send the gifts....

if you update your signature you can update the spreadsheet also...and you will nor receive more items for buildings....

i think if we will ask more neighbors to complete will help us all...

Top Bottom