Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What do you dislike about the game?

I am at the point, where new land will cost me 20$... Sometimes there are the 300%-offers buying some airport cash for real bucks, but what I still want to see is a way of changing coins to airport cash. For example 50000 coins for 1 airport cash or similar. That would help.

Biggest is that the last update (I guess 2 versions now) has been incompatible with any DROID phone eg. DROID, DROID 2, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX.

Required drops for building upgrades are probably less than 1%.
Spare parts like jet engines and tires are extremely rare as well.
Longer period buildings for passengers and coins are a joke. Why build a building that is 2x2 that takes 24 hours to drop a paltry sum of coins?
Fuel storage is too small, 90 I believe is the new max.
Limit of 6 buildings of a type is stupid, especially with the example in point 3.
The scams like how you have heard of many people spending real money and never getting bucks. How the two different download their other game to receive bucks, and of course you never do.
Lack of any real information from support to emailers or the general public. What is the point for their stupid facebook page then? Their own website is garbage.

This forum rocks BTW.

thorozar' pid='325' dateline='1336086502 said:
Biggest is that the last update (I guess 2 versions now) has been incompatible with any DROID phone eg. DROID, DROID 2, DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX.

Required drops for building upgrades are probably less than 1%.
Spare parts like jet engines and tires are extremely rare as well.
Longer period buildings for passengers and coins are a joke. Why build a building that is 2x2 that takes 24 hours to drop a paltry sum of coins?
Fuel storage is too small, 90 I believe is the new max.
Limit of 6 buildings of a type is stupid, especially with the example in point 3.
The scams like how you have heard of many people spending real money and never getting bucks. How the two different download their other game to receive bucks, and of course you never do.
Lack of any real information from support to emailers or the general public. What is the point for their stupid facebook page then? Their own website is garbage.

This forum rocks BTW.

I totally agree with you. But I have to mention one point to the different amount of coins you get from different buildings:

When you get to the higher levels, with flights lasting 3 and more hours, it is getting very dull, just tapping on some buildings and earning coins every 2-10 minutes, when you know your planes arrive in 3 hours. If you do not intend to play the game all the time permanently, you might get more coins from a building, that gives coins every e.g. 6 hours, than a building that gives coins every 10 minutes, although the building giving coins every 10 minutes, would give you more coins tapping on it 36 times within the 6 hours. Which would be worthless, if you just start your game every 6 hours. So for some people the buildings that seem not so profitable at first glance, are more attractive, than a building that is more profitable in terms of figures.

Should have added that these annoying popup messages about the most popular items to waste your bucks on is very annoying. I accidentally bought one and of course game insight will not reimburse me.

Also having to have the game "active" to repair a plane if you don't have the part is stupid. All other buildings the timers run down if you quit the application, but not repairs. Normally I have one or 2 that need repairs and I have to leave the game open and just power my display off for 4 to 8 hours for the plane to finish.

PS Dave:

They gave the boiler plate response that they know about the issue and are working on it, not holding my breath.

RosieAir

Airport City Addict
Three things I like least about this game

- the huuuuge divide between what coins you can earn and some of the ridiculously high costs for building stuff.

- the Cynical design of the Rockfest challenge that means you wont be able to complete it without spending real money on power amplifiers!

- The fact that there is no way to swap coins for airport money.

thorozar' pid='372' dateline='1336149317 said:
Should have added that these annoying popup messages about the most popular items to waste your bucks on is very annoying. I accidentally bought one and of course game insight will not reimburse me.

I am so angry right now. Those popular items popped up on my screen just as I was making my aircraft take off from the runway and I ended up spending 26 airport cash right now on a Collections Chest. WTF. Assholes.

D

Deleted member 5399

Theres a few things that I dislike, mainly the cost of some items!

If I want to buy an extra piece of land, it will now cost me 600,000 coins! How impossible would you say it is to get that amount of money!
@Dave
If you were to ask this very question today what people dislike about the game, I certainly can tell you what I think.
First and foremost is get this Alliance thing out of the game. Already I am seeing people running off into their little groups, gossiping about this person and their alliance, or griping because some alliance keeps making the top 5 list, and supposedly like AnderL and yuzu, the entire alliance is cheating.
As a Windows player, I thought I've met some wonderful people here in forums. Lots of laughs; loads of fun. But now we all go our separate ways, forming our little groups and psssst, pssst, about this one and that. All it does is create hatred. QL parties will become a thing of the past too. It will come down to only those within an alliance can participate.
My second gripe is small in retrospect of the first one Dave.
I feel that the upgrade for Windows although still full of glitches, could have been a better deal. Many who upgraded and already level 55, it did not take very long to reach level 60.
But my gripe is land expansion. One can only build up and not outward, lest they make their city look like a jumbled mess. I can now add 700 more or so to my population, but where do I put them? Building up and a player is forced to wait days for both construction, followed by 1-3 more days before the building supplies passengers. Which of course takes us back to the competitiveness of the alliance and shuffling passengers to and fro.
As you recall, again, first there were complaints of individual cheaters. Now it will be alliances instead.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I totally agree with @KenDuckySmith about the Alliance Game. GI/404 took a fun game where neighbor helped neighbor and turned it into anything but fun. Now we have neighbors angry at neighbors. We have players leaving alliances to go with new ones. We have players in alliances unhappy because one or more of their team members are cheating and they are afraid they themselves will be punished. And pretty much everyone is angry at the players who cheat and/or have so much real money they can buy their way to the top ranks ... and at GI/404 for letting it happen.
I also agree about land expansion. Why does GI/404 offer so many new reward buildings when we don't have the space to put them. Yes, the warehousing of buildings is helpful, but it doesn't solve the real problem.
I don't want Mission to Mars or other "game advancements" until these basic problems are fixed.
Cheers,
Tom

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
My top 5 peaves -
1. Untested new versions - Release a beta with some actual users. I'm sure plenty of people here would be glad to help. Don't update everyone with broken code and then make out like it's all ok. Maybe release one new feature at a time. After 3 years (and probably longer) of the same crappy release problems, you think they would try something different.
2. Time traveler error - cheaters are still cheating and it does nothing except block decent players from playing.
3. Support's attitude - Ivan being here is helpful but support is not. They are always acting like you are trying to get one over on them. 1st response is always "prove it" even when you send the information with the initial ticket.
4. Annoying popups. At least when they offer (and actually pay), it helps.
5. The world map and the alliances. I started playing AC because it was different than the other games. People were helping people, there was no competition. They introduced space travel and you had to work together for space flights. Next came the world maps and prizes for the top flyers, now people begin cheating. Lastly, the alliances were added and the only way to fly to certain destinations is to cheat to the top. Make it even more unfair and give the cheaters extra cheating people to contribute to their cause. If I wanted competition I'd go play Clash of Clans or one of the other million games out there.

Progress is about time or money. The cost of buildings is part of the game. If you want to wait, ok. If not, buy some coins or greens with real money and get it now.

AC is about helping friends so lighten up with each other - it's just a stupid game and should be fun. I don't have time to be mad at you for stealing my launch or joining someone's alliance, or because I sent you something but you didn't return it (I'm in debt to many of my friends lately - Thank you for all your gifts.)

Great forum - Thank you to all the moderators that keep it running! You do an awesome job.

AJ

1200+ Star Club
Immortals
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04XT0XC2X
Username
AJ
Regarding the Alliance feature, there is one thing that player's need to understand that "it's for those player's who have achieved almost everything in the game" and not for those who have started or in midway. I don't know why some player's go for Alliance map's but they should think whether they are in need of those? What will they do with Alliance map's? Fly to that Alliance destination for getting star's? I have seen some player's joining an Alliance even when they haven't completed all Adventure destinations.
Player's like @greensmith, @DarekK and other good 500+ star player's are the ones who should go for Alliance map's because they have done everything in the game and of course at high level, challenges are always high so getting 3 star's in an Alliance destination isn't easy but if you will keep going, you will surely reach there.
For other player's who are in midway or started, firstly focus on making more adventure buildings from which you can get items for those Alliance collections. I understand Alliance is a new thing but think practical as what you are going for, if you haven't done special destinations then don't go for Alliance map's.
And regarding Cheater's, they will keep coming back no matter what happens because they want everything easy way but Alliance isn't for them as well. They are just there because it's a new thing in which they can score easily.
Everything needs time, so be patient and I hope Alliance becomes clean so that evey player who is in "Need" of Alliance map's can get them. :) (y)

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
I totally agree with @KenDuckySmith about the Alliance Game. GI/404 took a fun game where neighbor helped neighbor and turned it into anything but fun. Now we have neighbors angry at neighbors. We have players leaving alliances to go with new ones. We have players in alliances unhappy because one or more of their team members are cheating and they are afraid they themselves will be punished. And pretty much everyone is angry at the players who cheat and/or have so much real money they can buy their way to the top ranks ... and at GI/404 for letting it happen.
I also agree about land expansion. Why does GI/404 offer so many new reward buildings when we don't have the space to put them. Yes, the warehousing of buildings is helpful, but it doesn't solve the real problem.
I don't want Mission to Mars or other "game advancements" until these basic problems are fixed.
Cheers,
Tom
Maybe G! think.. "If there is just one coliseum or Louvre in the world, why they can´t store one and build a new reward building?"

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
Friends list mess - some players showed with wrong (old) names and levels, me included to some people. Can't visit them, they can't visit me, incidentaly deletion due to "unknown" name on friend list.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
angelique
And wrongful "time traveller / cheater" reward whenever an update or timelight change occurs. It happened to me twice. U can't actually do anything when this happens, except if you have been wise enough to backup your game every do or so. But after this new update, you find out that your visitors cannot see any update you have made in your game. I do not even want to open up the topic of the players unfairly competing in the "world cup" of the weekly flights. Some further game rules need to be developed there.

Top Bottom