Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

weekly alliance challenge - an observation

volly

150+ Star Club
I'm noticing in the weekly challenge there is a destination that you normally do not get. In order to get 3 stars the number of flights is simply not reasonable. The destination I have is Varanasi.
250 flights - one star
500 flights - two stars
1000 flights - three stars.

Fuel - 42
Passengers: 280.

Now to get this 3rd star you need 280,000 passengers. Do you know ANYONE who can get that many in a week? I don't. Remember - there is a timer running too so you WILL need to burn through LOTS of fuel to make it in a weeks time. 42,000 (42*1000) plus the 84 units each time you speed up. Say you speed up each flight so you get within the time limit - that is an extra 84,000 units which makes the total fuel needed 126,000.

280,000 passengers, 126,000 fuel. This is just stupid even posting the goal. No player can make this or if by some freak chance they could - would they want to burn through all those supplies that took months just to gather simply to get a star? Really?

Just my humble opinion here....

I'm noticing in the weekly challenge there is a destination that you normally do not get. In order to get 3 stars the number of flights is simply not reasonable. The destination I have is Varanasi.
250 flights - one star
500 flights - two stars

Fuel - 42

Now to get this 3rd star you need 280,000 passengers. Do you know ANYONE who can get that many in a week? I don't. Remember - there is a timer running too so you WILL need to burn through LOTS of fuel to make it in a weeks time. 42,000 (42*1000) plus the 84 units each time you speed up. Say you speed up each flight so you get within the time limit - that is an extra 84,000 units which makes the total fuel needed 126,000.

280,000 passengers, 126,000 fuel. This is just stupid even posting the goal. No player can make this or if by some freak chance they could - would they want to burn through all those supplies that took months just to gather simply to get a star? Really?

I figure if I can fly enough to complete the mission, that's great. As far as the stars, I figure the destination will repeat, and I will gradually work toward 3 stars. Stars from special destinations is very, very low on my list of "to-do's".

250 flights - one star
500 flights - two stars

Fuel - 42

... and the answer is again: consistency :)
Don't try to 3-* a destination in a week. To reach one task you need something like ~130 - 150 flights, so go after this goal. Once you fly several times to the same destination, you will earn all 3 stars from it.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
You don't have to fly it all in one week. You can wait for the destination to come up again.

Just because your city can't do it doesn't mean other cities can't do it either.

I almost have three stars at all of the powerful propeller driven alliance destination locations. I have seen cities with the Eiffel tower in it. Based on drop rates one would assume you nearly have to 3star the locations to get all of the items.

Just keep building your city. We will all get there at some time. It might seem unreasonable to you now but eventually it will be seen as doable then you will look at is an an accomplishment when it It's all done.

In a month i am just flying to these cities and they repeat or i just click change and it will show up the city i want.
Maracay
Riga
Dhaka
Pattaya
using PPD plane and i never do the 1000 flights in a week even if i can i did not so let take with me more time now i almost completed the 1000 flights for all and i will change the PPD to TP next time and then big planes and so on the time i start PPD is the time to save the flight items need it for the other planes to be ready for the next.

In a month i am just flying to these cities and they repeat or i just click change and it will show up the city i want.
Maracay
Riga
Dhaka
Pattaya
using PPD plane and i never do the 1000 flights in a week even if i can i did not so let take with me more time now i almost completed the 1000 flights for all and i will change the PPD to TP next time and then big planes and so on the time i start PPD is the time to save the flight items need it for the other planes to be ready for the next.
Good luck changing plane type. Last 2 weeks, I got rid of all my PPDs and bought turboprops several days before the start of the week. Still got PPD flights and had to sell the turboprops and rebuy the PPD planes.:mad::mad::mad: I think I am forever stuck flying PPDs.:(

Good luck changing plane type. Last 2 weeks, I got rid of all my PPDs and bought turboprops several days before the start of the week. Still got PPD flights and had to sell the turboprops and rebuy the PPD planes.:mad::mad::mad: I think I am forever stuck flying PPDs.:(
:LOL: i have in my account HMYH 7 PPD no TP and Husam account 5 PPD and 1 TP if you want to change planes now the best time before the reset time ;)
The PPD is my favorite plane no need flight items 40 minutes to repair (drop and buy new very cheap) 40 min fly time break down a lot :LOL:
I would love to keep flying with it maybe the this week is my last time to use it and say good bye to it.

:LOL: i have in my account HMYH 7 PPD no TP and Husam account 5 PPD and 1 TP if you want to change planes now the best time before the reset time ;)
The PPD is my favorite plane no need flight items 40 minutes to repair (drop and buy new very cheap) 40 min fly time break down a lot :LOL:
I would love to keep flying with it maybe the this week is my last time to use it and say good bye to it.
I won't fuss too much if I get PPD flights again this week, still need more drops from Maracay. I just found it odd that I would get PPD flights when I had no PPDs.:confused::confused::confused:

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
I assume you used to have PDDs in one of Event Hangars. That's a glitch I suffers from as well: if you had a plane in an Event Hangar before (I can't say the exact time interval) the game keeps considering that you still have that type of a plane somewhere even when the "illegal" planes are all gone. I opened a ticket about that and GI seems trying to fix it.

I assume you used to have PDDs in one of Event Hangars. That's a glitch I suffers from as well: if you had a plane in an Event Hangar before (I can't say the exact time interval) the game keeps considering that you still have that type of a plane somewhere even when the "illegal" planes are all gone. I opened a ticket about that and GI seems trying to fix it.
Thanks. I think I did at one time have PPDs in my card hangars before they were deemed "illegal". :p:p:p Maybe that's the problem. I just took a snip of my warehouse showing no PPDs, and if I get those destinations again, I'll submit a ticket. It's really hard trying to prove a negative to GI, but hoping they are able to fix it.

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
Thanks. I think I did at one time have PPDs in my card hangars before they were deemed "illegal". :p:p:p Maybe that's the problem. I just took a snip of my warehouse showing no PPDs, and if I get those destinations again, I'll submit a ticket. It's really hard trying to prove a negative to GI, but hoping they are able to fix it.
Yes, you should open a ticket too. They have acknowledged the problem but haven't solved it yet. I hope they will.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
@Bob1977 thanks for the heads up and @crescent moon for sharing your experience ...

The next time Antayla appears for me, I will have three stars and 10 Selfie Drones. Same for Riga. I have all the others 3-starred and 10 collectibles. My plan is to drop the PPDs once these are all mastered with 10 of each collectible, and then move on to the TurboProp destinations.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Well - happened again. No PPDs in hangar, reserve or warehouse, but got 2 PPD alliance destinations. I'll send in a ticket. I changed one of the destinations and got Maracay rather than Cypres - can use a few more drops from that one, plus work towards stars.
I got a turboprop flight without any TP's in my hangers. The other two missions were both Jumbo flights - yet I have only two Jumbo jets!

The obvious conclusion is that we are not supposed to be able to second guess alliance missions. Perhaps with a strategic objective of making us buy new aircraft every week. So maybe putting a ticket in will elicit a negative response from GIS who have merely changed the game.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Using some s3 planes, vintage weathervane and jet packs then you could for the lower level planes hit 1000 flights (with extra fuel needed for sending them away). I can't play as intensively as I would like due to my work but can easily manage 500 deltas a week.

Use the bonus' to your advantage and use them wisely ;-)

slanghanger

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Slanghanger
Username
Slanghanger
absolutely the same problem here.. i get since weeks for my first task PPD flights and for my third task i get turboprop flights (over 1100+) i already sell all my planes except 7 p.deltas, 1 jet and 1 jumbo. nothing happens.. i opened now a ticket, lets see what they write back.. this is really frustrating :(

It is not only a problem with event hangars. On a support account I recently started doing
alliance tasks as a fill in until we fill the spot. I have never had event hangars on that game.
I do however have a reserve hangar. Quite some time ago when going to purchase a delta
I bought a falcon. :banghead: Being that they are so costly I got a reserve hangar and stuck the thing
in there. Well since I don't have the resources, fuel or passengers to fly falcons I decided to sell
it last week so it would not be in my alliance tasks. Well lo and behold I again have a falcon task
even though that account only has 5 jets. So evidently the reserve hangar can also cause this issue.

Top Bottom