Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Town hall and warehouse questions

Device
  1. iPad
Username
acpappas
i am new to the forum and have 2 questions to ask

1. Townhall. I am on level 16 and have reached my townhall maximum. In order to get a larger population I need to spend 150 bucks. Is there a way around this? I really don’t want to keep spending real money for the game. I have spent some to reach this point but don’t want to make it a habit

2. I am in the process of expanding my control tower. There are items such as a whiteboard, weather display etc needed to complete construction. I have noticed I have some in my warehouse. Is there a way I can use those items instead of either paying bucks or watching ads?

Thanks in advance

1. Townhall. I am on level 16 and have reached my townhall maximum. In order to get a larger population I need to spend 150 bucks. Is there a way around this? I really don’t want to keep spending real money for the game. I have spent some to reach this point but don’t want to make it a habit
In actual fact you don't really need to spend real money to upgrade a building although I prefer you watch the videos for upgrade building items. The one way of not spending money in this game is patience - BE PATIENT
Get neighbours of the same level as you because higher level neighbours won't be much of help because they have lost the ability to gift lower level building items (as soon as you level up your building items gift list changes).
Post in the trading section of the forum, most players read the trading section on a daily basis (more or less) and most of them have a support account or two and they can be able to help you
Be patient my next town hall upgrade will set me back 950 000 coins and there is no way I'm spending real money on this and neither will I be touching it in the distant future but this I do; I fly a lot and I launch a pad on a daily basis (this makes more coins than flying)
Once you have the ability to - buy a grand hotel which costs 300 silver tokens it will increase your city population by 300 and it will also give you 520 coins every 3 days. How do you get silver tokens?
Silver token are acquired through the space program (the green pad, blue pad and red pad launches). Everytime the spaceship returns depending on your position and the type of launch you will get anything from 1 to 20 silver tokens.
Another way of earning these precious silver tokens token is through excavation flights, what is this you may ask? First you buy excavation maps from DUKE then you fly to those destinations to get adventure maps which when you fly you will put together a collection 6 times to get an aztec pyramid or colosseum, stonehenge, etc which will increase your city population by 50. The game allows you to have 6 of each building, so, do the math on potential city growth without even touching your town hall.
Another way is to fly space maps these are maps rewarded to people who are in position 1 on a space flight (everytime you are No.1 on a space flight one of the rewards is the map). Once you acquired all the 5 maps you then fly them like crazy to get a quantum leap and every time you get 3 QLs you get:
Green maps - Abandoned spaceport add 50 to your city population + 75 coins evry 45 minutes
Blue maps - Space needle add 50 to your city population + 60 coins every hour
Red maps - Luna park adds 100 to your city population + 520 coins every 12 hours

So there are ways to increase your city population without even touching the town hall and all it needs is a bit of patience
However, at your level you need to find the right balance between passenger and coin buildings by this I mean you need to have enough passenger buildings to fill your terminal plus 10% while at the same time have enough coin producing buildings to allow you to grow your city, what I would also suggest is to shift your effort from the town hall and start to focus on your control tower (increase number of planes) and terminal (increase number of passengers).

2. I am in the process of expanding my control tower. There are items such as a whiteboard, weather display etc needed to complete construction. I have noticed I have some in my warehouse. Is there a way I can use those items instead of either paying bucks or watching ads?
If those items are in your warehouse (and not your gift list) when the time comes to use them they will be used automatically, so do not worry worry about them.

Thank you very much for replying to me. I very much appreciate it.
@acpappas To echo Teboho you need to treat this game as one for the long run. At level 16 I don’t think you can have a space program (maybe Green?) so the best thing to do is find neighbors here who can help you. Many of us only have neighbors from this forum because of the ability to communicate needs and help each other.

Find neighbors who have planetariums and other space buildings (pads, training centers, control center, astronaut academies) to visit daily. Those 5 visits every day will help you get collections that pay 300 or 2000 coins and the experience points will help you level up faster as well. There’s a list on the forum somewhere, but just send them a message before adding as many of them may not know you are from here.

The buildings just keep getting more expensive, but I haven’t upgraded my Town Hall beyond level 6 because of the Grand Hotels and Space buildings. Completing the events also give you buildings that generally increase population. You’ll find later on that other buildings will be more important to upgrade depending on your goals in the game.

One other thing I’d suggest is creating a signature of your needs that attaches to your posts here. You’ll see many of us with them. Capt WH Rollins has done a great job of writing a guide to you get one setup. You can look at any of his posts to find a link to it or go to the Guides part of the forum.

You’ll find this is a fun and addictive game but getting through those early levels can be a slog. Be patient with it, get some good neighbors and utilize this forum. It will make it much easier

In actual fact you don't really need to spend real money to upgrade a building although I prefer you watch the videos for upgrade building items. The one way of not spending money in this game is patience - BE PATIENT
Get neighbours of the same level as you because higher level neighbours won't be much of help because they have lost the ability to gift lower level building items (as soon as you level up your building items gift list changes).
Post in the trading section of the forum, most players read the trading section on a daily basis (more or less) and most of them have a support account or two and they can be able to help you
Be patient my next town hall upgrade will set me back 950 000 coins and there is no way I'm spending real money on this and neither will I be touching it in the distant future but this I do; I fly a lot and I launch a pad on a daily basis (this makes more coins than flying)
Once you have the ability to - buy a grand hotel which costs 300 silver tokens it will increase your city population by 300 and it will also give you 520 coins every 3 days. How do you get silver tokens?
Silver token are acquired through the space program (the green pad, blue pad and red pad launches). Everytime the spaceship returns depending on your position and the type of launch you will get anything from 1 to 20 silver tokens.
Another way of earning these precious silver tokens token is through excavation flights, what is this you may ask? First you buy excavation maps from DUKE then you fly to those destinations to get adventure maps which when you fly you will put together a collection 6 times to get an aztec pyramid or colosseum, stonehenge, etc which will increase your city population by 50. The game allows you to have 6 of each building, so, do the math on potential city growth without even touching your town hall.
Another way is to fly space maps these are maps rewarded to people who are in position 1 on a space flight (everytime you are No.1 on a space flight one of the rewards is the map). Once you acquired all the 5 maps you then fly them like crazy to get a quantum leap and every time you get 3 QLs you get:
Green maps - Abandoned spaceport add 50 to your city population + 75 coins evry 45 minutes
Blue maps - Space needle add 50 to your city population + 60 coins every hour
Red maps - Luna park adds 100 to your city population + 520 coins every 12 hours

So there are ways to increase your city population without even touching the town hall and all it needs is a bit of patience
However, at your level you need to find the right balance between passenger and coin buildings by this I mean you need to have enough passenger buildings to fill your terminal plus 10% while at the same time have enough coin producing buildings to allow you to grow your city, what I would also suggest is to shift your effort from the town hall and start to focus on your control tower (increase number of planes) and terminal (increase number of passengers).

Thanks @Teboho (y)
Grand Hotel, Excavations, and Space Launch, and dont forget EVENT. The reward is a building that increase max population by 20. Some events are usually fairly easy.

Top Bottom