Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The News IS that GI has hit us with a really great update again

I have been playing for nearly 7 years now, seen some great, stupid, bad and crazy changes in this game. The best update they did is to help us not filling up guest planes with our fuel and not loading up the guest planes with passengers, before we could get them of the runways wow that seams a long time :whistle:ago.
Of course all games have to make money so they can run them and improve them and support there customers as we are the most important as we pay them to carry on there business;). I think you getting where im going with this now. When i first started playing this game i thought is was great sending a plane of thinking whats going to come back with something so i could gain a collection and progress my game ; Free 2 Fly !!!! it was great. Oh whats happened in 2017(n) now nothing comes back :eek:, what am i doing wrong. O there been another update, that what happened stupid should have guest. so i will go to the planetariums i will get something there to get more drops to launch good idea:D, O nothing there how do i get up the rankings like everyone else (n),i know i will fly to all the space destinations, and get me some collections, cant wait i get some cases on these, when they come back. O not much there either.
Right next plan go to get some Sky Captains and use these to help me, fly planes fly :cool:, bring me back some collections. O nothing much there (n).
So what am i doing wrong, O i forgot its not called Free 2 Fly any more stupid me:cautious:. Its called Airline Tycoon!!!!! a business,,person of exceptional wealth, power, and influence.RIGHT so now i have lots of money i can buy lot of them bonuses, fly planes fly bring back sum collections. Yes it works:) so now i know i have to spend loads of money i get it now, but im rich, i can do ;)(y).
Come on Gi this game was great to play, now every update you are squeezing the fun out of it and how you doing this
1. Lets stop them launching, [that was a great part of the game now you have killed it for most of us]
2. By stopping the Planetariums dropping like they did and its getting dyer
3. The drop rate has got the worst ever wow:eek:
4. Making players to buy stuff to progress there game, because they cant finish events and collections
5.Land expansions wow they are increasing and increasing.

So i think that it from me, so please Ivan if you reading this can we get at least a better drop rate and more drops so we can get are rockets in space again. Then maybe alot players will buy credits again and spend money to have fun, dont get me wrong it is still fun and a challenge but you could make it so much better again. Things have changed but not really for the good:cry:

All the best your friendly neighbor Philip G

Last edited:
Good point Philip! Can't agree more.

Last week i sent my planes to excavation map destination, hoping to get some maps, I got only 3 maps from 161 flights! (2%)
So, I thought that bonuses can maybe help me getting better results, starting to fly for "spy glass" destination but the same old **** works also there - 92 flights to Malta, Canary Islands and Baly island bring me total "0" drops.

I really don't care paying for getting extras (like more land, more bonuses, better drop rate, etc.) as long it's really extra, currently with new drop rates it's mean you can't get nothing without bonuses, but you can't also getting enough bonuses without spend greenies, this is where the fun stops.

GI, please don't be so greedy, fix back the drop rates, let us continue enjoying this game

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Good point Philip! Can't agree more.

Last week i sent my planes to excavation map destination, hoping to get some maps, I got only 3 maps from 161 flights! (2%)
So, I thought that bonuses can maybe help me getting better results, starting to fly for "spy glass" destination but the same old **** works also there - 92 flights to Malta, Canary Islands and Baly island bring me total "0" drops.

I really don't care paying for getting extras (like more land, more bonuses, better drop rate, etc.) as long it's really extra, currently with new drop rates it's mean you can't get nothing without bonuses, but you can't also getting enough bonuses without spend greenies, this is where the fun stops.

GI, please don't be so greedy, fix back the drop rates, let us continue enjoying this game
I got NO drop at all from Mesoamerica in 30 flights

Natholian1

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Natholian1
I see more and more complaints about this. It's turning people off the game. I also see that most of the recent reviews in the App Store are only 1 or 2 stars and it's all about how it's become a money grabbing exercise by GI. If they make it impossible to play sooner or later people will stop. Probably sooner.

Now let's wait and see a typical GI response which isn't a response at all....

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
<snip>
3. The drop rate has got the worst ever wow:eek:
Personally I have noticed that the drop rate hasn't changed much if any - last week I did 500 Powerful Delta flights on Alliance maps and got 36 items back when using Golden Dice and also Sky Captain, which has been about average from since I started doing these maps 1 year ago.

5.Land expansions wow they are increasing and increasing.

Unfortunately they have always been increasing when you reach certain milestones in expansion, this has been a feature for as long as I remember.

The rest I agree ;-)

I got NO drop at all from Mesoamerica in 30 flights

Were you using any Bonus? Use Dice when flying any Excavation destination, then Golden Dice when flying the maps (Tollan etc).

<snip>

As above, use Dice when flying Excavation destinations as this is the bonus to use. SpyGlass is only good for sidequests and events.

Using the correct Bonus' when flying really does help your droprates, as using an incorrect bonus is just a waste of greens or warehoused bonus.

Natholian1

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Natholian1
Personally I have noticed that the drop rate hasn't changed much if any - last week I did 500 Powerful Delta flights on Alliance maps and got 36 items back when using Golden Dice and also Sky Captain, which has been about average from since I started doing these maps 1 year ago.

Unfortunately they have always been increasing when you reach certain milestones in expansion, this has been a feature for as long as I remember.

The rest I agree ;-)

Were you using any Bonus? Use Dice when flying any Excavation destination, then Golden Dice when flying the maps (Tollan etc).

As above, use Dice when flying Excavation destinations as this is the bonus to use. SpyGlass is only good for sidequests and events.

Using the correct Bonus' when flying really does help your droprates, as using an incorrect bonus is just a waste of greens or warehoused bonus.
One shouldn't 'have' to use dice....

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Break2clear
Username
Break2clear
My personal take is, GI is making this game increasingly difficult for newer / intermediate players. Those with an extensive airport and advanced buildings have no issues grinding out bonus week in, week out; the rest have to grind bonuses (SC,SG) by normal flights and the decrease in drop rates (no bonus) isn't helping. The updates are making progression harder, where developers from other games seek to make progression easier over time so that newer players can catch up to current meta.

To cite another example, the weather station is assigning me flights beyond my level, which effectively makes it unacheivable.

My personal take is, GI is making this game increasingly difficult for newer / intermediate players. Those with an extensive airport and advanced buildings have no issues grinding out bonus week in, week out; the rest have to grind bonuses (SC,SG) by normal flights and the decrease in drop rates (no bonus) isn't helping. The updates are making progression harder, where developers from other games seek to make progression easier over time so that newer players can catch up to current meta.

To cite another example, the weather station is assigning me flights beyond my level, which effectively makes it unacheivable.

I've had that too -- and you lose all progress on the weather station - which is just nuts!

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
jgm85

I think you are spot on - I feel for newer players and even intermediate as things have got real bad in the past few months. 100 limit/ no drops from neighbours planetariums / higher level players not being able to gift lower building items, it has become a huge slog for those players. I think if I was in that position I would be giving up.

As to the weather station issue, drop GI a line as this seems like a bug in my opinion, it should only give you a task that you are capable of finishing.

I think you are spot on - I feel for newer players and even intermediate as things have got real bad in the past few months. 100 limit/ no drops from neighbours planetariums / higher level players not being able to gift lower building items, it has become a huge slog for those players. I think if I was in that position I would be giving up.

As to the weather station issue, drop GI a line as this seems like a bug in my opinion, it should only give you a task that you are capable of finishing.

Hi there it is hard starting out i remember that day , 1 thing that GI has done that i do think has benefited everyone is lifted the 100 item limit, i know this as i have a baby game and that was lifted on the last update. :)

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Username
jgm85
Hi there it is hard starting out i remember that day , 1 thing that GI has done that i do think has benefited everyone is lifted the 100 item limit, i know this as i have a baby game and that was lifted on the last update. :)

Oh have they? I was not aware of this. This is good news to hear as the game would be practically impossible with such a limit when you reach the higher levels. Thanks for the info.

I so think this weather station, is great feature but you are so right, i wish i could use in my baby game but a cannot, i dont understand why GI has set it they way they have maybe because its a basic program it cannot change depending on your planes that you have. However for my main game its great getting the bonuses every 3days :). So for the lower level players it rubbish (n)

SS1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hwuqah
Username
SS1
100 item limit lifted? That there are a few fluke items that have quantity 101 probably isn't the best measure to assume the limit is no longer in place. Try and get 102 of that item.
The 100 item limit is no doubt the single greatest progress block this game has ever seen. It's affects are so far reaching that there could be a dedicated forum header on the topic. Some could argue It's a different game pre/post that change.
Software so many times is developed/maintained in a bubble. Knee jerk changes are made to promote or prevent certain activities. Many times the full affects of sweeping changes aren't fully understood by the party making the changes. What i find interesting about this item limit change is the extreme of 100 that was settled on. So there are long time players who have thousands of items in their warehouses. And the developer thought it was the right thing to do make the limit 100, not 500 or even 1000, but all the way down to 100. This reflects the disconnect of how differently the developers think or want the game to be played rather than understanding and recognizing the reality of how the game is actually being played.
To change that after 5 years is a "daring" (using a nice word here) move.

Last edited:
100 item limit lifted? That there are a few fluke items that have quantity 101 probably isn't the best measure to assume the limit is no longer in place. Try and get 102 of that item.
The 100 item limit is no doubt the single greatest progress block this game has ever seen. It's affects are so far reaching that there could be a dedicated forum header on the topic. Some could argue It's a different game pre/post that change.
Software so many times is developed/maintained in a bubble. Knee jerk changes are made to promote or prevent certain activities. Many times the full affects of sweeping changes aren't fully understood by the party making the changes. What i find interesting about this item limit change is the extreme of 100 that was settled on. So there are long time players who have thousands of items in their warehouses. And the developer thought it was the right thing to do make the limit 100, not 500 or even 1000, but all the way down to 100. This reflects the disconnect of how differently the developers think or want the game to be played rather than understanding and recognizing the reality of how the game is actually being played.
To change that after 5 years is a "daring" (using a nice word here) move.

well my baby game is in a small alliance, and i have gathered 300 landing lamps and other items are in the 100,s now and other players have found the same thing, this was ever since the last update. So i hope everyone is happy a little:)

SS1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hwuqah
Username
SS1
well my baby game is in a small alliance, and i have gathered 300 landing lamps and other items are in the 100,s now and other players have found the same thing, this was ever since the last update. So i hope everyone is happy a little:)

What platform are you all on? I just tested it on android and the 100 limit is still there.
I hope they do restore it back as it should be.

Top Bottom