Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The News IS that GI has hit us with a really great update again

volly

150+ Star Club
if you started your game before a certain date then the 100 limit does not impact you. Try starting a new game and see what happens. The 100 limit is there. Gi has said that is staying and is not going anywhere. Sucks really for it makes some task impossible. FOr example in my game I have a alliance task of 526 flights to Cape Canaveral. Pretty much impossible if you have the 100 limit unless you have 100 of the 300 unit barrels. (who has that anyway? nobody I've ever seen)
And would you burn through that for that task? It is not worth it.

if you started your game before a certain date then the 100 limit does not impact you. Try starting a new game and see what happens. The 100 limit is there. Gi has said that is staying and is not going anywhere. Sucks really for it makes some task impossible. FOr example in my game I have a alliance task of 526 flights to Cape Canaveral. Pretty much impossible if you have the 100 limit unless you have 100 of the 300 unit barrels. (who has that anyway? nobody I've ever seen)
It's ok. That's 8 thousand greenies that people no longer have to buy. (upgrading FCC, laundry, pharma lab, etc to the max).

And would you burn through that for that task? It is not worth it.
OK, @volly
A) I don't fly alliance tasks with fuel. I fly them with many aircrafts. E.g. now I have 169 flights with Jumbo and it is pretty much doable with 8 Jumbos, 3x8 flights daily (OK, you'll use 2x8 catalyst but almost no fuel). I have to admit, I go for 1 or 2 tasks weekly, never for 3 - for the third one I'll need much fuel and I'm still flying adventure maps.
B)
300 unit barrels. (who has that anyway? nobody I've ever seen)
Let me represent myself ;) 124 F300 on stock, waiting for my next Jumbo adventure flight these days. OK, I've collected them for a month or even longer - I don't exactly remember... Plus 70 more F150 - and all will be gone after 2 - 2 1/2 Jumbo adventure destinations.

100 item limit lifted? That there are a few fluke items that have quantity 101 probably isn't the best measure to assume the limit is no longer in place. Try and get 102 of that item.
The 100 item limit is no doubt the single greatest progress block this game has ever seen. It's affects are so far reaching that there could be a dedicated forum header on the topic. Some could argue It's a different game pre/post that change.
Software so many times is developed/maintained in a bubble. Knee jerk changes are made to promote or prevent certain activities. Many times the full affects of sweeping changes aren't fully understood by the party making the changes. What i find interesting about this item limit change is the extreme of 100 that was settled on. So there are long time players who have thousands of items in their warehouses. And the developer thought it was the right thing to do make the limit 100, not 500 or even 1000, but all the way down to 100. This reflects the disconnect of how differently the developers think or want the game to be played rather than understanding and recognizing the reality of how the game is actually being played.
To change that after 5 years is a "daring" (using a nice word here) move.
I have in my warehouse at least 9 items over 100, 3 of which are over 1000. Currently flying to Turkish coast so have 163 landing lamps. Not seen any sign of a 100 limit since j started playing in May 2017.

Cross fingers it continues

I have in my warehouse at least 9 items over 100, 3 of which are over 1000. Currently flying to Turkish coast so have 163 landing lamps. Not seen any sign of a 100 limit since j started playing in May 2017.

Cross fingers it continues
We are the ones who just made the cut. I believe the limit hit sometime during or right after the soccer event.

D

Deleted member 5399

For kicks I finished up my weekly alliance mission, (the one which was not excessive in flights) so I moved my planes over to Sacremento, a destination most of us know well that was great on drops. Uh yeah, nothing drops from the planes but the bird____ on the cockpit glass

SS1

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hwuqah
Username
SS1
Limit was lifted from my android game with the last update (no ticket raised), I believe they are scrapping that feature
@Below_Average_AC_Player

Barkmi4
, you are at level 78 so I'm assuming you have been playing longer then since May 2017 so the limit never should have applied to you anyway (until you move your game to a new device sometime in the future).

Talk about a shocker,, for all of us who came in right after that update in May and barely missed the no limit,,this limit is beyond a bummer,,, but stop and think for a moment of all of the long time players who will lose tens of thousands of items when they ultimately have move/restore their game, after their device breaks, gets lost, stolen, etc.... they should be the ones screaming now since the writing is on the wall for what is coming to their Airport City world. So in a year or so from now when that happens, there will be zero flexibility since it will be old policy at that point. They will have the 100 item limit and that's that. Long time players that are unaffected right now are being lulled to sleep but should be the ones up in arms over the 100 item limit.

It's not "if' but "when" all of those players with unlimited items will be reduced/restricted to 100 items. They should be the ones doing all the pushing now to have that limit removed! Slowly, over time this issue will become very personal to each of them and it will also probably be too late to do much about by that time.

As the saying goes, it's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all,,, but I don't think that's the way this one will go down,, more accurate here would be,, it's better to never have had over 100 items then to have had 100,000 items and lost them all. :(

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Break2clear
Username
Break2clear
@Below_Average_AC_Player

Barkmi4
, you are at level 78 so I'm assuming you have been playing longer then since May 2017 so the limit never should have applied to you anyway (until you move your game to a new device sometime in the future).

Talk about a shocker,, for all of us who came in right after that update in May and barely missed the no limit,,this limit is beyond a bummer,,, but stop and think for a moment of all of the long time players who will lose tens of thousands of items when they ultimately have move/restore their game, after their device breaks, gets lost, stolen, etc.... they should be the ones screaming now since the writing is on the wall for what is coming to their Airport City world. So in a year or so from now when that happens, there will be zero flexibility since it will be old policy at that point. They will have the 100 item limit and that's that. Long time players that are unaffected right now are being lulled to sleep but should be the ones up in arms over the 100 item limit.

It's not "if' but "when" all of those players with unlimited items will be reduced/restricted to 100 items. They should be the ones doing all the pushing now to have that limit removed! Slowly, over time this issue will become very personal to each of them and it will also probably be too late to do much about by that time.

As the saying goes, it's better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all,,, but I don't think that's the way this one will go down,, more accurate here would be,, it's better to never have had over 100 items then to have had 100,000 items and lost them all. :(

I'm not sure if this is completely true, I've heard this from a couple of players and maybe others can attest -- if you are an old player with a new device, you may open a ticket and GI will lift the limit.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think you are spot on - I feel for newer players and even intermediate as things have got real bad in the past few months. 100 limit/ no drops from neighbours planetariums / higher level players not being able to gift lower building items, it has become a huge slog for those players. I think if I was in that position I would be giving up.

As to the weather station issue, drop GI a line as this seems like a bug in my opinion, it should only give you a task that you are capable of finishing.
Unfortunately, the weather station is not a bug. Their approach is "once you reach the level to purchase a certain plane, we will demand that from you". So if youre at lv71 and have no condor planes, they can easily ask you to fly that flight that is accessible at that level.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
Currently flying adventure maps using 7 bonuses and the drop rates are 4/5 out of 12 flights ... players need to realise this game is a challenge, not everyone wants an easy game

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Currently flying adventure maps using 7 bonuses and the drop rates are 4/5 out of 12 flights ... players need to realise this game is a challenge, not everyone wants an easy game
I agree with you, and most of us dont want it to be easy, but you still want to be rewarded for your hard work.
Lets take an example of a guy pursuing a gorgeous girl. If a girl is a prize worth having, then a guy will go through the difficulties associated with courting her. However, he will not be willing to go through those difficulties if she isn't rewarding him along the way.
It's the same thing with drops. Make the drop frequency good enough that if someone puts in dedication, they will be rewarded. When you use bonuses and still see minimal improvement in drop rates, something needs to change. Just my two cents.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
As far as drop rates, this would be reasonable:
Out of every 10 flights:
Always: Self explanatory :D
Often: 5/10 drops (50%)
Seldom: 2.5/10 drops (25%)
Very Seldom: 1/10 drops (10%)

With bonuses, each rate moves up one rank, except the "often" drop moves from 50% to 75%. Wouldn't make it 100% because it would be too easy.

With those rates, it would be more than fair, and if you really want great drop rates, buy the bonus item. However, the rates would be reasonable if you decide to skip that option.

Top Bottom