Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The joy of drop rate variability

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
OK, picture the situation: you are working on getting some items for a map collection, say you are going to Samoa to pick up some Hei-Tiki items. You have stacked Sky Captain, Popular Destination, Golden Dice, and even another Dice for good measure. Items from Flight are now at +350%. You have 12 Giant planes flying this route, as one does.

You would think dears, that as a reasonable person you would get at least one item to drop, would you not? Imagine your surprise when nothing drops? :ROFLMAO:

Then the next day with no bonuses applied to the same run you get 4 item drops.

Sigh...

QF-Charles

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Yes it is odd. I've been flying the odd Eagles to Iceland for the Five Islands crest bonus this past week with no bonuses used. As I already had a number of required items from the Owl flight collection, I got Spy Glasses, 6 to be exact. However, I did visit neighbours Stone Castles only for two days, maybe that was it?

My new strategy is NOT to use bonuses unless absolutely necessary. I'm playing the long haul game.

There is something changed in recent months that you have to have had the bonus live when it takes off, for it to be effective when it lands - so those 4 could have took off when you had bonuses live, but landed after they were no longer available, but they were still on those flights? I struggle with bonuses though - its just a gamble whether they work LOL.

laughing.gif

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The one thing I'm pretty poor at is remembering to activate bonuses before doing anything else with my game. Because of this, I have amassed a ridiculous amount of bonuses across the board. Many of them I would be happy to gift to my new neighbours, were it possible to do so, from my warehouse storage.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
1655823762028.png

Well, interesting that. Certainly I need to think and plan my flights out more then. Sometimes I get in the habit of activating a bonus first thing in the morning when they come back instead of at night when I send them out.

Hmm....

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
OK, picture the situation: you are working on getting some items for a map collection, say you are going to Samoa to pick up some Hei-Tiki items. You have stacked Sky Captain, Popular Destination, Golden Dice, and even another Dice for good measure. Items from Flight are now at +350%. You have 12 Giant planes flying this route, as one does.

You would think dears, that as a reasonable person you would get at least one item to drop, would you not? Imagine your surprise when nothing drops? :ROFLMAO:

Then the next day with no bonuses applied to the same run you get 4 item drops.

Sigh...
Ah yes...I remember those days of lamenting over flight drops. Even with all the current bonuses available, it still can be finnicky. Using some of the recent liveries may also give a tiny boost to drop rates

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
The one thing I'm pretty poor at is remembering to activate bonuses before doing anything else with my game. Because of this, I have amassed a ridiculous amount of bonuses across the board. Many of them I would be happy to gift to my new neighbours, were it possible to do so, from my warehouse storage.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
And wouldn't that be a great feature to trade bonuses. Comfort Class, Matryoshka Doll, Test Launch, Business Class, I have 100 of each that I'd dearly like to trade for something else. Robot Loader is another bonus I don't want and don't need.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
And wouldn't that be a great feature to trade bonuses. Comfort Class, Matryoshka Doll, Test Launch, Business Class, I have 100 of each that I'd dearly like to trade for something else. Robot Loader is another bonus I don't want and don't need.
I used to feel the same way about Matryoshka Doll, but recently, I've gotten a better appreciation for them when I fly condors...especially when combined with Vintage Weathervane. Test Launch is actually a cool bonus since you get one a day for free, but the problem is that I have no motivation to launch anymore 😩.
All the others I pretty much agree with. Robot Loader could actually be very useful if they changed the definition a bit. Maybe make it a bonus that doesn't taxi guest planes and instanty loads them once theyre at the gate.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
If nothing else, I'm able to share recipes through The Kitchen and Drinks Cabinet, that is at least something.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’ve been using some dolls also. Activate at night before zzz, fill the terminal, wake up in the morning with double pax waiting to be sent and most of my current buildings ready to be collected.
And I like your suggestion for robot loader @Navigata07 !
That's actually a good idea. I do that with bottomless barrel. If there was a way to get bottomless barrel from a collection, I would dedicate a part of my fleet just for that 😅

That's actually a good idea. I do that with bottomless barrel. If there was a way to get bottomless barrel from a collection, I would dedicate a part of my fleet just for that 😅
I also do that with the bbarrel. together with the hydrant - we got lots of those on the minigames

Top Bottom