Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Rant to GameInsight

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
20 gifts per day is max. As much as I understand your frustration, I do understand GI as well. last time I checked they were not registered as a charity but as a company that has to earn money, pay rent, pay salaries etc. it is of course a very slime line between having happy and frustrated customers when providing such a 'Freemium' kinda game, but i think that, more or less, GI is not doing too bad. So before ranting too much ( which I do not want to say about your post) one should always consider that there are people that work every day to provide this game and that they can't pay at the supermarket til if GI makes no income. Just saying :)

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
20 gifts per day is max. As much as I understand your frustration, I do understand GI as well. last time I checked they were not registered as a charity but as a company that has to earn money, pay rent, pay salaries etc. it is of course a very slime line between having happy and frustrated customers when providing such a 'Freemium' kinda game, but i think that, more or less, GI is not doing too bad. So before ranting too much ( which I do not want to say about your post) one should always consider that there are people that work every day to provide this game and that they can't pay at the supermarket til if GI makes no income. Just saying :)
billsnj
Melianie First the glasses don't help !
Next - consider for every 10000 players that reach level 25 - they have on avg spent real dollars approx $50 per player or $ 500k. Note $50 is probably on the low side.
Next - to complete my level 3 fuel station which required 3 items x 6 for 18 total I attempted 137 flights to rio or was it canary isle.
And I never got all 18 items. I had to use green dollars! Total flight time over 650 hours. Total passengers over 11000. Total fuel over 5000 units. And I never got all the necessary items!
Just how many people does insight have working on improving the game or fixing the issues ? My opinion not enough !!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
A avg player has paid $50 on avg up to lvl 25? Why should I consider that number to be a fact? Because you guess so?
You flew 137 times to Rio? Well, that, of course, gives you every right to be upset. /sarcasm end Maybe you want to ask some people here about how many times they flew to certain destinations to get a specific item.....

Oh, and my name is Melanie, not Melianie.

Have a nice day.

PS: I apologize that you don't like my glasses.

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
A avg player has paid $50 on avg up to lvl 25? Why should I consider that number to be a fact? Because you guess so?
You flew 137 times to Rio? Well, that, of course, gives you every right to be upset. /sarcasm end Maybe you want to ask some people here about how many times they flew to certain destinations to get a specific item.....

Oh, and my name is Melanie, not Melianie.
So sorry for the miss spelling. Melanie.
Also like u better without the glasses. Well that's just my opinion. Lol

Next my guesstimate re. Cost of play is based on my profession and educational background.
My statement is very simple Insight is making a ton of $$$$ so they should do a better job of fixing the known issues.
They were very clever in their planning of the game. Start off with easy to achieve tasks and levels.
No problem here for me.
But what I didn't like was after you purchased a building. Ie hotel you discover that you need green bucks to complete.
This is called baiting the hook and reeling in the fish.
Why is it you have lots of items in you warehouse but not as many on your gift list ?
Notice many items that are not on your gift list are needed for buildings. So you can't get them from friends.
You have to fly or pay!
So I'll repeat my comment - in order to play you must pay!
Bill

Have a nice day.

PS: I apologize that you don't like my glasses.

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
Let us know how much you love the game once you @ Lvl 35 with 100+ stars. that should be interesting...

I'm upset once again.
I'm building a stadium. And I need benches. However they are no longer available from Goa. They are gone.
Checked other flights - no benches anywhere.
They were there as I have two completed stadiums.
What do the do this to the players.
Re level 35. Don't know if I will ever get there.
If I do it won't be before 2013. LOL

Device
  1. iPad
The University Event finished 16 days ago. The Halloween event finishes in 4 days time, if you hadn't noticed. Now the Thanksgiving Event has started.
Stadiums aren't very good value completed anyway. Better to spend an hour building them, then delete them, you get 500 gold.

These Events worked fine in themselves, just a pity GI sabotaged them by not fixing the Neighbours bugs so they can actually be done as intended.

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
The University Event finished 16 days ago. The Halloween event finishes in 4 days time, if you hadn't noticed. Now the Thanksgiving Event has started.
Stadiums aren't very good value completed anyway. Better to spend an hour building them, then delete them, you get 500 gold.

These Events worked fine in themselves, just a pity GI sabotaged them by not fixing the Neighbours bugs so they can actually be done as intended.

Melanie - TY for you help - I wish there were more players that offered useful tips !
Will delete the stadium - without benches - wonder if they will discount the 500 gold LOL
Just discovered that I will need to cough up 50 Green to unlock the flights 21-30 - lotta green
and I thought that only the Federal Government was screwing us LOL
Not sure I can continue playing - it is beginning to look like I will need a lot more Green.
Oh - just completed 128 Red Hearts next level is 360 - at 6 per day this will take 90 days - OMG -FEBRUARY 2013 !
-- Bill --

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Pilot2
Username
Pilot2
Melanie - TY for you help - I wish there were more players that offered useful tips !
Will delete the stadium - without benches - wonder if they will discount the 500 gold LOL

Rpf64 answered your last comment about selling the stadiums for the gold, not Melanie. However, Melanie does share useful tips all over this forum and so do many other members. It may help to read many of the older topics. Much advice has already been added to the forum which may prevent some of your frustrations. The forum search feature is quite helpful if you don't see a topic right away for the information you seek.

Just discovered that I will need to cough up 50 Green to unlock the flights 21-30 - lotta green
Not sure I can continue playing - it is beginning to look like I will need a lot more Green.

Flights are unlocked according to the level you are and the number of stars you have collected (which are based on the number of flights that you fly to each destination). I have all flights unlocked currently and have never given a single Green to do so.

Oh - just completed 128 Red Hearts next level is 360 - at 6 per day this will take 90 days - OMG -FEBRUARY 2013 !
-- Bill --

What's the rush? If playing the game through February doesn't suit you, this game might not fit your style. From what I've seen since I've joined the forum, Dave started this forum back in April and many members who have been here since that time are still enjoying the game. They are also the ones who generously share some of the best advice as well as gift some of the items that are hardest to gain.

While we all may have plenty of frustrations with Gi while playing their games, from my experience, those on this forum help each other through those frustrations and keep the game quite enjoyable!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3

You are welcome.

No, you don't. Those destinations will become available to you once you flew enough to have enough stars. You only need to spend greenies if you want to unlock those destinations prematurely.
Only if you rush.
-- Bill --[/quote]

:)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
i0vo6d
Username
lister:Item needed
@billsnj you can do pretty much anything in this game without spending real money, I never have and never will, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people in this forum who haven't, it just takes a little more time. Where would the fun be if the game was over in a few days?

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22

Rpf64 - Sorry about my mixup - and Thank You for replying -
Me - I'm just trying to discover some of the hidden and very helpful tips to playing and managing the game.
Do notmind taking the time to earn Gold and gain Experience - It's the Green that I dislike - buying land to expand is OK.But when you pay a bunch of Gold for a building and then discover you need additional item - well that frustrating. Why don't they post what you need up fron - like in the decription of the building. Just saying.
Again thanks for the reply !
-- Bill --

s8s

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
lw5cct
Username
s8s
Rpf64 - Sorry about my mixup - and Thank You for replying -
Me - I'm just trying to discover some of the hidden and very helpful tips to playing and managing the game.
Do notmind taking the time to earn Gold and gain Experience - It's the Green that I dislike - buying land to expand is OK.But when you pay a bunch of Gold for a building and then discover you need additional item - well that frustrating. Why don't they post what you need up fron - like in the decription of the building. Just saying.
Again thanks for the reply !
-- Bill --

If you had look into the forum topics it could help you already before you posted your comment ;)

https://www.airportcitygame.com/index.php?threads/items-needed-to-upgrade-your-buildings.84/

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Blackcloud -
Could you explain your username ---- WLG Fuel (then item) ??????????
Thanks
-- Bill --

WLG is the IATA code for my local airport, Wellington, New Zealand.
Fuel.....oops I should update that...:oops:
@Melanie not too old but late nights with friends, G'n'R playing and bottles of bourbon were in my past....unfortunately for me the bourbon was illegally obtained:whistle:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
91h526
Username
Melanie <3
WLG is the IATA code for my local airport, Wellington, New Zealand.

and it is a cute, lil irport i might add....

@Melanie not too old but late nights with friends, G'n'R playing and bottles of bourbon were in my past....unfortunately for me the bourbon was illegally obtained:whistle:
why? you like 14 years old??? Funny fact: they made a vid of this concert tour and about half of the shooting was done in FRA in some stadium and my dad is in it, high 5'ing Axl. No kidding....

Top Bottom