Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Rant to GameInsight

I hope the developers at GI read these posts.

I think the concept and graphics of Airport City are wonderful. However, I feel that GI is really stingy with its players (meaning us). Their games are incredibly slow to build up due to the very seldom giving of collectible items for quests. I had the same frustration with Enchanted Realm, great concept, but I got bored after trying so hard to get somewhere over a period of months! and finally deleted it.

Right now, I can't even get the flight school done after several days of flying I don't know how many planes to Malta( which requires powerful radio transmitters, which fortunately I've been able to get from friends), and even after 2 days of constant flying to Malta all day, I did NOT receive a single textbook or flight goggles which I DESPARATELY need to get the school! For crying out loud, does this sound fair? They are taking the fun out of this game and I understand now why I have over 100 neighbors "waiting"(not responding). They probably all got frustrated and quit!!

I realize that GI is trying to make money, but they have gone too far and are being too greedy, IMO. None of the other games I play are nearly as bad as this, and I have made ingame purchases to support them. There's no way I will spend money on a game like this.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Oh you think they will fix it cause you are getting mad?
Think again :)

And youre talking about 2 days flying to malta... well thats nothing!
im flying 2 months to Tokyo and still didnt get my last item for the collection... so what. its a game.
And everybody knows allready that the stuff you get tru youre flights are far from random. Get friends, and trade with them to get youre stuff.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
c1k0mq (that's a zero, not a letter)
Username
BEW0072 Airport
Wait until you have your upgraded Repair Base inactive cause you're missing items and you can't repair your broken planes! That's where the real fun begins!!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
Wait until you have your upgraded Repair Base inactive cause you're missing items and you can't repair your broken planes! That's where the real fun begins!!!
My understanding is once the construction is completed you can still use your Repair Base for planes at a lower level that what has been upgraded.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a1kcuxd
Username
Friso
Haha yep Bew. When you upgrade the control tower but don't have all the required items, it does not repair your planes. So you have to wait for them to drop from guest planes. I had it once before I was on this forum and wanted to delete the game out of frustration XD

Anyway, I understand where you are coming from Fleurs, but this is just not a game you complete in a few hours. It takes a lot of time, and you really need neighbours who understand the game and are able to gift what you need. If you have to wait for people who are not on this forum it will probably take weeks before you get all the required items :/

Oh you think they will fix it cause you are getting mad?
Think again :)

And youre talking about 2 days flying to malta... well thats nothing!
im flying 2 months to Tokyo and still didnt get my last item for the collection... so what. its a game.
And everybody knows allready that the stuff you get tru youre flights are far from random. Get friends, and trade with them to get youre stuff.
Lol, I have friends, but we can't find each other since we are all "username". You're right, it's just a game, and I'm determined to persevere. You're talking to someone who played Animal Crossing for 3 years in order to accomplish every task in that game, so I have a lot of patience. This game just seems unbalanced. I have no problem leveling up, but I can't seem to earn coins fast enough to keep up with quests. I've just managed to buy a jet, but it's useless without the flight school.

Btw, someone just sent me a textbook, THANK YOU! One step closer, haha.

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Yes this game is full with bugs, we know it and its allready been told to GI... Some bugs they are fixing (soon)... And some they wont fix.

All the ios players in my list are also showj as username... Really frustrating, i know what you mean ;-)

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
Without a doubt this game is designed to make money for Insight - consider this example -
You earn 1 Green Buck as you achieve the next level. 1 green buck - Level 31 requires 25000 experience and you get 1 Green Buck.
However when you achieve Level 2 you also get 1 Green Buck and require experience is like 500 ???

Device
  1. iPhone
Rigottnik is my name :) and with "@name" (eg Rigottnik) the member gets an alert that he´s been tagged in the forum

Magneto I´ve got at the moment about 30 requests from players named "username" and guess you are among these. If your airport still looks like your profile picture I´ll find you, it just might take a while ;)

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
Rigottnik is my name :) and with "@name" (eg Rigottnik) the member gets an alert that he´s been tagged in the forum

Magneto I´ve got at the moment about 30 requests from players named "username" and guess you are among these. If your airport still looks like your profile picture I´ll find you, it just might take a while ;)
UPDATE - I attempted to send you the goggles - I found your name Magneto in my neighbors list and at 10:30 PM EST I went to VISIT your City and send you goggles - I hit SEND and problem - goggles did not appear as one of the itmes I could send to you. I do not understand why - I have 13 in my Warehouse. Do you have any idea what happened? I ended up sending you Flight Catering - My apologies. NEXT -I you can determine why Icould not send you the goggles - please advise as I would be most happy get them to you.

Device
  1. iPad
Billsnj - you can only send what is in your Gift List, and not items in your warehouse. Different players have different items they can gift, and they are requested to list these in their Signatures here on the Forum. Some items are not giftable and can only be got from flights, (or in the case of Shampoo, bought with 8 Greens). So you need to amend your Signature to remove the warehouse items. Sending an item does not remove it from your warehouse if you have it - they are free, and just materialise in the warehouse of the receiver (after they click Take in the Incoming Gift list). Send in Return doesn't work as expected either - it sends the corresponding item from your own Gift List, if it is not the same as the Incoming Gift.
The items which are not giftable are different between Android and IPad, and it seems some Android users with old versions can send these items to iPad users. This is a glitch which I'm sure GI will block soon, if they haven't already.

My rant is that GI haven't fixed the Neighbours bugs in 3 Updates now, most names say Username, their airports are out of date, and I can't re-add those which have been deleted.

And their Support people have no idea. They just send automated responses, they don't seem to know anything about well-reported bugs or even about any game mechanics. I haven't had any reply yet which even indicates they are human.

billsnj

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Erb22
Billsnj - you can only send what is in your Gift List, and not items in your warehouse. Different players have different items they can gift, and they are requested to list these in their Signatures here on the Forum. Some items are not giftable and can only be got from flights, (or in the case of Shampoo, bought with 8 Greens). So you need to amend your Signature to remove the warehouse items. Sending an item does not remove it from your warehouse if you have it - they are free, and just materialise in the warehouse of the receiver (after they click Take in the Incoming Gift list). Send in Return doesn't work as expected either - it sends the corresponding item from your own Gift List, if it is not the same as the Incoming Gift.
The items which are not giftable are different between Android and IPad, and it seems some Android users with old versions can send these items to iPad users. This is a glitch which I'm sure GI will block soon, if they haven't already.

My rant is that GI haven't fixed the Neighbours bugs in 3 Updates now, most names say Username, their airports are out of date, and I can't re-add those which have been deleted.

And their Support people have no idea. They just send automated responses, they don't seem to know anything about well-reported bugs or even about any game mechanics. I haven't had any reply yet which even indicates they are human.
Magneto
TY for the reply and I apologize for leading you the believe that I could sendyou the googles!!
I simply didn't understand this part of the game. Seems to me that in reviewing my Gift List - most of the items in there are related to FLIGHTS - very few are related to building buildings. And why does this not surprise me!! They, Insight, just what the GREEN BUCKS !! Screw the game player!! (SORRY!! had to vent)
I will update my signature - ASAP. In the meantimeif there is anything else you need please advise.
Oh ! WHY can't they (INSIGHT) fixed the USERNAME issue - is this a deliberate NONE FIX to once again screwwith the game player.
One more thing -I'm currently maxxedat 20 GIFTS per day - I'm about to achieve 128 HEARTS will this change my MAX GIFTS ??
Again - thanks - BILL

Top Bottom