Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New update - Subscription feature(4/3/18)

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
I hate to break a conspiracy theory, but 4/3/18 means different things in US and in Europe.

That was kinda the lame joke I was making.

I
Anyway, the update is out on iOS tonight, and there's indeed a one week free trial for silver subscription for everyone.
The other major mobile platform that supports subscriptions is Google Play, and we're working to bring it there as well later.

Two things:
1) How are you defining "later"
2) Why develop and release for lesser platforms first, rather than prioritise the most popular platform? I bet you were all Betamax users?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Thank you Nav, it's not on my IOS accounts as yet. I don't have Android only Windows 10. Is there anything other than this that comes with the update please?
Don't think so. We are mid event so nothing in regards to an event. Not familiar with any bugs that needs fixing, but maybe Ivan can state if there is anything else.

It was the date. When the original poster daid 3/4, I thought he meant march 4th, as that is how it is read stateside. However, the rest of the world reads it as April 3rd, which is today. Misinterpretation of dates is all.

Sorry for the confusion about the date. However, I am stateside and 4/3/18 means April 4th, 2018 - always has. I don't know where you are in the states where that means March 4th???

Also, with the free subscription that GI is offering, is is good only this week, or do we get a free week whenever we activate it? If I opt to start the subscription next week rather than this week, do I still get the free week?

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Thank you Nav, it's not on my IOS accounts as yet. I don't have Android only Windows 10. Is there anything other than this that comes with the update please?

Windows Store doesn't currently offer a subscription service we can use, so there'll be no subscription there in a foreseeable future, I'm afraid.

5.6.11 update on iOS has only subscription included, nothing new otherwise.

Two things:
1) How are you defining "later"
2) Why develop and release for lesser platforms first, rather than prioritise the most popular platform? I bet you were all Betamax users?

I define 'later' as one of the future updates that isn't coming within a week. That might be a month or two depending on the variety of reasons. We'll try to do it sooner rather than later, as always!

And I wouldn't exactly call iOS a 'lesser platform' for Airport City which is easily proven even by device distribution of players on this forum.

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Sorry for the confusion about the date. However, I am stateside and 4/3/18 means April 4th, 2018 - always has. I don't know where you are in the states where that means March 4th???

Also, with the free subscription that GI is offering, is is good only this week, or do we get a free week whenever we activate it? If I opt to start the subscription next week rather than this week, do I still get the free week?
Not you LAX....I meant @Arggers with his joke attempt :whistle: :joyful:
Good question

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
So, I guess this is what they mentioned about how to keep the new players away from quitting?
It will be interesting to see how it goes.. I think the better way is removing the stupid 100 item limit..
I didnt know there was a legit effort to prevent players from leaving. Where did you get that info?
Also, fully agree that the 100 item limit should be the main thing to go. It's literally a bottleneck.

I hate to break a conspiracy theory, but 4/3/18 means different things in US and in Europe.

Anyway, the update is out on iOS tonight, and there's indeed a one week free trial for silver subscription for everyone.
The other major mobile platform that supports subscriptions is Google Play, and we're working to bring it there as well later.
So windows platform players will not get this? Why offer something that only some players will be able to benefit from?

Top Bottom